Plants vs Zombies Games

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Plants vs Zombies Games

Postby PirateSteven » Sat May 11, 2013 12:32 pm

Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time! Is being released in July 2013! I hope that the PS3 version comes out that month as well.

Plants vs Zombies 2:It's About Time! Teaser Trailer

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Plants vs Zombies Games

Postby PirateSteven » Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:57 pm

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare -- This game is coming out for Xbox One at first, but then will be released to other consoles. I can't wait for it to be released for PS4. Day one purchase for the family.

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare Trailer

Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare Gameplay

Plants vs Zombies Garden Warfare is up for preorder on amazon.com and price set at $39.99 for PS4.

Amazon Preorder

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:35 am

Garden Warfare looks incredible, it's going to be a must-buy for my 360.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Tue Jun 25, 2013 3:40 am

Wow, turning Plants vs Zombies into a first person shooter?
Interesting...
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby toops » Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:01 am

i saw this during e3 and i absolutely loved it and i thought it was an xbox exclusive! this is awesome that it's just a timed exclusive. this game looks pretty awesome

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby TheLittleFish » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:00 pm

I loved playing the original game and now I can't wait till the 2nd! :D :mrgreen:
the cold never bothered me anyway

rank_50
TheLittleFish
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby axltk421 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 1:33 pm

Wow... That's the first I've heard of Garden Attack.
Loved the first game... So addictive! The sequel's good... too many in-game purchases for me though, so I'm looking forward to the FPS!
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:17 pm

Garden Warfare looks cool. It's like Call of Duty, but my mom will let me play it!
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby krisko612 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 1:14 am

PvZ2 launches worldwide tonight for iDevices only. I'm excited to give it a go, but it's really weird that they made this an iOS release first.

After playing the game for two hours straight, I'm really enjoying it. Lots of changes from the original, but unlike a lot of other freemium games, PvZ2 let's you just play. No timers. No spamming Facebook friends. No forced pay walls. No premium only currency. It's just you and the game. I'm almost forgetting that it's even freemium. The only slightly questionable element is the six pay-only plants, which I believe are all repeated from the first game except for one. The new plants, however are really awesome and unless you're really attached to the old pay ones you will really like them.

There's some really neat new gameplay additions that make it more engaging and interactive than the first. You have the ability to use plant food to bolster you plant's abilities for a limited time, and it's really fun to experiment to see what it does. For example, giving it to the pea shooter turns it into a pea machine gun for a couple of seconds. These moves can be insanely powerful and are crucial for winning. Luckily, the game gives you just enough so that you'll never feel overwhelmed. You have the option of buying more with in-game coins but I have yet to do that myself outside of tutorial.

There are also multiple objectives for each stage. These objectives are so diverse and can really affect your strategy, making replayed stages feel like new levels in and of themselves. For example, you might have to prevent the zombies from getting over a certain part of the stage, or a limited amount of sun you can spend.

My one complaint is that the game's pace is quite slow. The game introduces a new map system where you only unlock new plants once you reach them. Most of these are behind key doors, which you cannot buy and are randomly dropped during You also have to complete alternate objective levels after finishing the first world so you can move on to the next, it's not enough to clear mainline stages once. The slow pacing is likely due to the games shorter length, which only has three worlds instead of five like in the first.

Overall, I really like this game despite the small issues I had with it. My only hope is that future updates don't introduce more iAP than there is in the game, but this game still feels like a proper PvZ sequel even if it was premium in the first place. If you have an iOS, go download this now.
krisko612
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Next

Return to other video games and consoles