The Game Console Thread

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

The Game Console Thread

Postby Star Command » Fri May 24, 2013 8:14 am

Nintendo tried to get a head start by releasing the Wii U last year. Then Sony announced their PS4... and I have to admit, I saw that coming as soon as the PS3 came out. And now... This:

Yeah... I for One am not getting this. (pun intended)
Seriously, what was wrong with the 360? Heck, what was wrong with the original xbox?

I personally think these greedy game companies do not understand today's economy, nor do they understand that their previous game systems are still used to this day. I still use my PS2. I also hate how these companies practically force their older game system out of existence. This was done with the PS2, gamecube, and xbox. They stopped making games for the systems, and stopped selling the systems altogether. All in the name of greed. It makes me sick.

So the Wii U, PS4 and xbox one are what they're throwing at us now. The question is: Who's going to catch their pitch?
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: The Game Console Thread

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Fri May 24, 2013 4:46 pm

^ Game systems are supposed to go out of style. That's how it's been since the Genesis tried to push the NES out of it's way.
As for the problem with the original Xbox: There was none.
Systems are about the new. While classic games like Mario and Sonic will forever be remembered, companies have to go on and make and do better things.
Would you buy a Jukebox, or a radio?
While, in my opinion, the Xbox and the PS2 are some of the best systems made, they had to improve on it to interest consumers.
However, the Xbox 360 improved the Xbox with more memory, better graphics, and better online.
That being said, saying the Xbox, PS2, and GameCube were pushed out of existence is a huge overstatement.
The PS2 broke the record for longest console production, making units all the way up to 2011, well after the PS3.
The 360 and all them still acknowledge these systems, remaking games in HD, putting cult classics on eShops, and sometimes even celebrating these older games and systems reaching milestones.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Nibelilt » Sat May 25, 2013 3:32 pm

Everyone else is waiting for the PS4, while I'm just sitting here playing my Wii U :P
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby mikefan » Sun May 26, 2013 2:38 am

Typing this on the Gamepad as I type Nibe!
Mike is my favorite Disney Character!
He's funny and I love Green!

rank_100
mikefan
Main Console: PS4

Return to other video games and consoles