"So bad it's good" video games

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

"So bad it's good" video games

Postby Nibelilt » Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:16 am

Well as we all know some video games just suck, but then you get those that are bad in a really hilarious way. I'm sure we've at least heard of a few. Here are mine- I haven't really heard of that many, but I'd like to know more if anyone wants to talk about them. They're pretty good for a laugh.

Big Rigs: Over The Road Racing - The classic example of a hilariously bad game. I haven't played this one, but I've seen plenty of gameplay of it. First of all, the OTHER RACER DOESN'T MOVE AT ALL! So you can NEVER LOSE a race. (The "patch" where the other racer actually does move but never crosses the finish line is just fan-made, if you didn't know.) I've heard that the game even has a random glitch where you sometimes win instantly! Another glitch is that if you reverse your truck, you'll keep gaining speed infinitely. And the funniest thing about the game, and probably why it's so infamous: none of the buildings, bridges, etc. have any collision detection. You can drive right through everything. You can even drive up the side of mountains and over them into the endless void without losing any speed(which is the funniest part of the game). This clearly isn't a complete game, but it was actually sold at retail just like a regular game. Just let that sink in. People actually paid the price of a full game for this rubbish. At least the title of the game doesn't lie- I mean, you can indeed go over the road by driving on the mountains! :lol: This game is so funny just because it's so pathetic and it exists and was sold at retail- I mean... Why? How did this pass through to store shelves?

Bubsy 3D - I've actually had the "pleasure" of playing this game. Absolutely awful. The first thing you'll notice are the graphics, which are terrible. All the environments are just flat colours(with the occasional checkerboard pattern thrown in). The best-looking thing in the game is Bubsy, and even he doesn't look great. But the graphics would be excusable if the game was good, the problem is that NOTHING ABOUT IT IS(besides some little cutscenes, which are actually pretty nice, but you can watch them by clicking that link). Probably the worst thing about Bubsy 3D, and the thing that makes it so bad, is the control scheme. Normally in a game pressing a button to go in a direction makes you go in that direction. Well, not in Bubsy! No, in Bubsy, pressing left or right makes Bubsy slowly turn left or right instead of heading in those directions. So when you want to go somewhere you have to wait for Bubsy to turn around before moving forward in that direction. It sounds like it's not a big deal, but you need responsiveness in a platformer so you can jump and explore easily. This control scheme makes Bubsy almost unplayable, making simply exploring levels and collecting atoms a chore. It's just amazing how they screwed this up so badly, which is exactly why I think it's so funny. This is how NOT to make a game, folks. By the way... Can you believe that this game actually had a 2-player mode? Like anyone would want to play that. I haven't played it, but I've seen footage of it and it looks just as bad if not worse than the rest of the game. Most of the time the second player isn't even on the screen because of the camera, which just stays pinned to Player 1.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: "So bad it's good" video games

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:39 am

Disney Inf- *gets slapped by everybody on the forums*
Nah, just kidding.

Kung Fu Panda: Legendary Warriors - My brother claims this to be the worst game he has ever played. And I can totally see it. However, I personally think it's failure makes it great. It destroys the rules the first movie set by having Tai Lung survive. If the controls didn't cash in on the Wii's motion controls, it would be a bit better. But it's just laughably horrible.

Pacman Party - This one is more funny if you are watching somebody play it. The only real gripe is the unadjustable AI, the presence of only TWO Pac man characters being playable, and the boredom, length, and simplicity of the minigames. There is actually a minigame dedicated to how many times you mash a button. I want to love this game, but I just can't.

m&m's Kart Racing - Saving the best (worst?) for last, this one actually won a Guinness World Record for worst kart racing game. But I don't think it's that bad. Maybe because it was the first Wii racer I owned, but I really like this one. I'm sure if somebody modded the game and fixed the controls, it would do a lot better. Of course, my Wii racer of choice is Mario Kart Wii, but of the three I own, this is my second choice. (Above Cars. I'm not the biggest fan of that one)
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Chewbacca » Fri Feb 21, 2014 1:00 pm

Nicktoons MLB- this was a baseball game with conditions characters. You can probably imagine it in your head. There was a button that if you pressed you automatically got a home run. The game was so easy to win a game. except on kinect whenever I had a party for I while we would always play a game on Kinect. It was hilarious
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
NN ID:

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:15 pm

Does Grand Theft Auto count?
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Chewbacca » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:17 pm

Any game counts. It is your opinion after all.
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
NN ID:

Postby shiftyraccoon » Fri Feb 21, 2014 10:21 pm

EVO for the SNES was amazing and awful but amazing

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Postby SugarGuyWrecker » Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:34 am

Grand Theft auto, although it has simulated versions of almost all wrongful actions in life, can be fun, In a way!
Just play and don`t play the law, Play for The Mods or just play because its not real and entertaining and would never do such a thing in reality and it`s fine! I really enjoy the Iron Man Mod for GTA IV though.
Groot IIII Am Groot!(This is Fun!)"

Anna " Agreed!"

rank_1500
SugarGuyWrecker
Location: Element Animation's The Crack! Sanctuary when I need it.
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby EndgameTheory » Sun Mar 09, 2014 7:33 pm

@ KyletheCartoonist ... Yea most movie games kind of suck... as for sooo bad its good. I would go with the Postal games... they are just 100% brutan and senseless... sooo much so that it almost gets entertaining.^^

please check the part about unnecessary quotes, thanks

rank_0
EndgameTheory

Postby killa-bunnah » Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:31 pm

I find the Twisted Metal franchise to be pretty bad...but it was fun, sorta. Cuz, you know, clowns n stuff :lol:
"The world is haunted now" - Tyreese, The Grove

rank_250
killa-bunnah
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Next

Return to other video games and consoles