Well... This... Is interesting... (Xbone content)

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Well... This... Is interesting... (Xbone content)

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:49 pm

In a somewhat surprising announcement, Microsoft has announced that the XBox One will no longer feature DRM. Formerly they had said that the online-once-a-day feature was "integrated" into the console, and a part of it which could not be removed.

No, I troll not, here it is on the official XBox Blog: http://news.xbox.com/2013/06/update

What do you guys think about this? Did they actually listen to us? Was there never DRM and did they just want to pull a "Coke Classic"? Is it too late to repair the damage they've done?

Personally, I'm not going to buy an XBox one anyway unless RARE Makes a Kameo 2 for it. It's a $599 box with too many extra, pointless features and meh-looking games, in my opinion. I really can't forgive Microsoft either because this is just a horribly poor excuse for an apology...
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Well... This... Is interesting...

Postby TheMinion9 » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:39 pm

I don't believe any of it for a second. They'll keep it hidden to launch now by lying to the buyers. I still won't be buying it. I gave them a chance, saw some good games but not enough to justify the £449 from my wallet. PS4 POWER, AWAY! :D
Yellowjacket for MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS!!

rank_500
TheMinion9
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Thu Jun 20, 2013 3:53 pm

It is definitely a step in the right direction for Microsoft.

The problem is though that if the console was truly designed for all the DRM then there isn't anything stopping them from slowly bringing it back via updates and under different names. None of the games on either the PS4 or Xbone look like must haves right now so I'll be sticking with my Wii U and PS3 for the next couple of years.

At least it will still be a three horse race now instead of just Nintendo and Sony slogging it out.
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight

Postby Nibelilt » Thu Jun 20, 2013 4:28 pm

The problem with adding DRM in a later update is that people can just not update, of course even if people are turn out with that they may lose many customers since non-updaters won't be able to use online multiplayer...
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Re: Well... This... Is interesting... (Xbone content)

Postby Sheriff Woody » Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:14 pm

the point is that they wanted to do things and the only reason they aren't is because Sony is totally outselling Microsoft in pre-orders ... it is not about listening to the fans it is about losing money

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to other video games and consoles