Minecraft

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: Minecraft

Postby VMKInfiniteer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 1:21 am

Newest update went live today so it's not just the experimental snapshots.

Finally got to put coarse dirt in my barn, got to try out slime blocks, and almost got beat by the hostile water mobs. I really want to ransack a water temple for sponges, gold, and other stuff...but I was having trouble with those mobs. Sword hardly worked and was so laggy I couldn't use my bow. :(
I don't need a featured toybox, I build for myself.

rank_750
VMKInfiniteer

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Wed Sep 03, 2014 6:00 am

I haven't played in a while. Never got into Minecraft on PC even though it has soooo much to offer, but I did play it on xbox 360, ps3 & now I am waiting for it to be available on the playstation store for Ps4. Hoping it releases this week....

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PixarToonie » Wed Sep 03, 2014 8:38 am

I'm a big fan of Minecraft. I started playing Minecraft a few years ago because my friend suggested I play it. I started out on survival and spawned on an island in the middle of the ocean... But it was quite a nice island, it was quite big, but only like 30 blocks in width I would say. After watching some of the Yogscast's walkthroughs in the world of Shadow of Israphel and Tobuscus's walkthrough, I had some idea of what I was doing. I started to collect dirt blocks and formed a bridge over to a distant snowy mainland. I started to break down some trees, crafted myself a sword and pickaxe. And then night came. I quickly just dug a hole and waited for day to come. I was a woose back then... Anyway, the next day I started my journey into the forest, then a desert, then I got to the plains. I walked over to a village I saw in the distance and saw for the first time, a "Squidward" Villager. Me and my mum (who was watching me play it) were laughing our heads off at the long nosed NPCs. Anyway, I started to raid the village and make myself a little home. Made myself a cave to start mining in and then night came. I ran inside my new house and there it was. The Creeper. And you can guess what happenned next.
I spawned back at the island I came from and again ran off to the mainland to find my village, but I couldn't find it. I didn't think to make towers along the way, so I was stuck with nothing once again. I started to mine again, chop down trees and returned to the island I spawned on. I made myself a house inside the dirt of the island, then a mine, a crafting shop and even a stream down the side. Everynight I was confronted by unwelcome visitors and now my Island had become home to migrating pigs and chickens that walked over the dirt bridge I amde on my first day.
After I had done the basics in survival, I started to make models of Raditor Springs, a massive Andy's Room, a city and even Atlantica alongside many other Disney locations in creative. My friend suggested that we should play on a server together which took an hour for me to figure out how to put the ip in. My four friends and I were launched into one of the best Skyblock survivals I have ever played on. This was because you could see other peoples islands from your island so you could build a bridge and raid or visit them. Anyway we started up a hotel alongside some news friends we met on the server and we formed out own little community on this expansive island. We then made out own ltitle town, some shops and a few farms. The island was truly fantastic, and it was very well-known on the server. We got into the top ten islands and eventually reached the number one spot.
The community on there was fantastic, and I will never forget the great times we had. Anyway as more of our own IRL friends joined the server it got worse. Big arguments and debates were discussed in our town hall and as one of the owners, I had to overlook most of them. Eventually people from our community started to steal from other people to make an island of their own just like ours. We lost a lot of members including some of the original members and it was liked a ghost town now. One night I played on the server I was in my hotel bedroom sorting out some things in my chest and I saw a person with a Herobrine skin and the door. At first I was panicking, but after a while of him just looking at me, I killed him and gathered up my friends to fight back. One of my friends pointed out that it was one of our original five members who I will just nickname as Herobrine. We gathered up even more members of our community for what turned out to be the final battle of our island. Mods and Admins joined in the fight against a team of Minecraft hackers who were destroying everyone's island. Herobrine was actually the owner of the island so he had full control, but as his second-in-command it led to me to lead the battle. The hackers started setting fires around the place and started to put lava down, and more and more of the island was decreasing.
Eventually my team lost, the hackers won and the server was shut down forever.
I loved that server, but things you love don't always last forever.
Anyway we started to play on other servers like Hunger Games, Silocraft, HiveMC and Hypixel. Today, I just play games on HyPixel, play on TitanMC's Catching Fire Game and occasionally I look back to the day my best friend betrayed me, one day I will never forget.
Just keep swimming - Dory, Finding Nemo

rank_500
PixarToonie
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby InfiniBox » Wed Sep 03, 2014 5:26 pm

^ Pretty epic story there. :)

It's arriving sometime today on the PS4, I'm really excited. Between this and Destiny next Tuesday, I'll be able to distract myself enough till 2.0's launch. :)
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
PSN ID:

Postby energonkid » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:18 pm

Maybe I should say Mojang ( and minecraft ) were purchased by Microsoft. Maybe I should say that Notch left the company. Maybe this means that the company will drop support for Sony and Mac versions.

Let's forget about these stupid little things. Let's all wake up with amnesia, with DI 2.0 lying right beside us. :D
You teach me and I'll teach you, POKÉMON! Gotta Catch 'Em All!

rank_100
energonkid
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Wed Sep 17, 2014 7:40 pm

I heard about Microsoft buying the company. I don't think they would remove Minecraft from Sony & Mac versions as that would cause them to lose a lot of money. There's a ton of Minecraft players that are just casual gamers and wouldn't waste their money and time on a transfer over to xbox or pc. They will most likely keep it going on all platforms, but give the xbox version perks that the other platforms won't receive. I didn't know about Notch...Usually when the original team starts to drop off that is when things go downhill.

All is well though.....We have DI haha.

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfiniBox » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:12 pm

Apparently they've already announced they will continue to support all platforms, now whether or not we want those updates after some of the main people are leaving is another concern.
My new DI 2.0 Toy Box Build YouTube Channel:
http://goo.gl/BTxu1b

rank_250
InfiniBox
PSN ID:

Postby VMKInfiniteer » Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:33 pm

Well on the topic of gameplay, I'm trying to, now that there's new stuff to be formed with undiscovered chunks, find where I want my home. Up until now I've had three familiar areas to explore. First would be the islands I started on. Main group I'd consider to be four, but at either end a bit further, one side has a desert island with volcanoes and the other is just a bigger island. Next is a fortress library I use for enchanting as well as storing the mainly enchanted armor drops I get from my skeleton farm. Lastly is the village I renovated. I unearthed it and made it nicer while keeping to the traditional viilage themes. Fun fact, I enjoy terraforming. Around that plains village is little poorly generated ponds that I'm slowly but surely leveling to collect sand and make the area nicer and safer for the baby chicks wandering around.

But yea, found a new area (and my first batch of bunnies; kinda pale caramel and white). I have an idea for like a custom roofed forest. I want to make trees with water inside to give the effect of constant rain, as well as a water wall sheilding my home. But finding where to do this is a task. The ones I find are too big. I wonder if you can turn a plains biiome into a forest if you plant enough trees. Prolly not. But while it'd look cool, no doubt it'd be way to easy for mobs to spawn, so would also need to torch it up nicely. I did find a floating rock formation with a waterfall coming from it though.
I don't need a featured toybox, I build for myself.

rank_750
VMKInfiniteer

Postby Stitch » Wed Sep 17, 2014 9:36 pm

I got Minecraft Playstation 4 edition two weeks ago.
Really fun, I might be one of the only ones to prefer it over PC...
I have always been more of a console guy.

rank_1500
Stitch

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles