Video Game Classics

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Video Game Classics

Postby Stitch » Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:13 am

Classics are mostly games that are well received.
They are usually a bit older rather than a game that just came out, but do not have to be at all.
I will go ahead and list many of the classics, at least for my childhood.

SpongeBob: Battle for Bikini Bottom
This was, hands down, the best Spongebob game ever made. I may go as far as to say the best Nickelodeon game.
I got it on my Gamecube when I was younger, and played to one hundred percent. So much nostalgia, this game.
Probably one of my first video games too. It's a toss up between this being the first or the next...

Luigi's Mansion
This was given to me by my dad when I was a small kid, I had just gotten a gamecube.
Luigi doesn't get much spotlight, but when he does, boy does he take it!
This game blew my mind, and was fun to play out of the thrill of being scared.
I had many nightmares due to this game, well worth it though. I still play this game, to this day.
Although the sequel was a let down, and there should have been a full second game on Wii U.

Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time
Ok, this was bundled with my very first Gamecube. I actually was more into Spongebob and Luigi to notice this collection
of Zelda classics till much later. This game was a collection of all the Zelda games up before Wind Waker.
They were all ported to Gamecube. By far, my favorite Zelda game is a tie between Majora's Mask and Ocarina of Time.
They were hard to play as a little kid, because they were strategic and the three day countdown on Majora's Mask was very intense.
And don't get me started on that... that Moon face. I could not sleep for days.

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
Another game I still somewhat play to this day.
The re-playability in this game is astounding.
The gameplay is awesome, the levels are action packed, the characters are fun to be.
But by far, my favorite features was and still is, Chao.
These were little baby creatures you took care of in the game.
On your adventures you could pick up many things to give your chao.
You would watch them grow, make them compete in competitions, send them to school.
You even could make them a hero or villain.

Super Smash Bros. Melee
By the time I was introduced to this game, I was in love with Zelda and Mario.
having them fight against each other? ASTOUNDING!
This game introduced me to Kirby, Metroid, and StarFox.

Mario Sunshine
In my opinion, one of the best Mario games to date, arguably decided with Mario Galaxy.
It is a tropical vacation in a game, where you fight an assortment of goo monsters, squids, robots, Koopas, and more.
The levels were so much fun, and it was basically an updated Mario 64, which I loved.

What are your classics?

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Re: Video Game Classics

Postby LazyPenguinGuy » Sun Jul 27, 2014 9:29 am

Super Mario Bros. 3

I remember everytime my parents would bring out the nes, i would be so happy and just turn the PS1 off just to play on the NES! Me and my sister would play Super Mario Bros. 3 most of the time if not that then Super Mario Bros. She always forced me to be Luigi cause i was the youngest and i didn't like that. Though these days i love playing as Luigi more than Mario!

Crash Bandicoot PS1 Trilogy

I'm Sorry can't just have one! These games WERE my childhood! My sister would play these everyday with me and i just kinda watched! XD but fast foward to 2001 and i started playing em and getting fustrated but still loving the games non the less! Fast foward again to present and I JUST WANT ANOTHER CRASH GAME! (no titans please) XD

The Simpsons Hit & Run

I don't think i knew anyone who DIDN'T own this game at one point! This game was the Simpsons game i always wanted as a child. I would come home from school everyday and just spend all day playing this and was estatic everytime i unlocked a new level!

Toy Story 2
I Honestly don't remember too much about the game itself but i remember this was another game i would just play constantly and love every second as a kid! I'm planning on rebuying this at some point!

Sonic Adventure 2: Battle

Okay so a friend of mine got me into playing Sonic Heroes back in 2005 (Little did i know i was about to become a huge sonic fan! and the games to come the following years....*shudder*) I liked the game but i wasn't omg this is amazing! A few weeks later i stumbled across SA2 and i remember the instant i started playing City Escape, that music, the snowboarding, the level in general, I was so happy! That moment is still one of my greatest gaming memories ever!

Ratchet & Clank 3

Love this series, great humor and writing, level design, characters, weapons! I only just got into it about 4 years ago and now played every game! there are a few duds in the series (all4one, q force) but its still a fantastic series!
Ratchet and Clank 3 is probably my second favourite Ratchet game ever! Weapons were crazy and it introduced upgrading weapons multiple times! The Levels i gotta say were probably some of the best in the series and the villian Dr. Nefarious was just hilarious! XD I shall say if you have a Playstation check this series out its pretty cool!
"Shmebulock!"

rank_50
LazyPenguinGuy
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Tue Jul 29, 2014 4:17 pm

Spyro the Dragon PS1 Trilogy

Since someone already said Crash, guess I'll have to take his right-hand man Spyro! My first Spyro game was Year of the Dragon, but we didn't get the original and Ripto's Rage!/Gateway to Glimmer until much later. They were fun, but my favorite Spyro game will always be YotD.

Super Mario Galaxy

Oh yeah! This is my vote for the best main series Mario game of all time! With exciting levels, a deep story, and mysterious characters, this is a classic that definitely gets the reception it deserves! I haven't played the sequel, but I plan to for sure!

Those are just some that come to mind.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby MrNerdDad » Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:46 am

NBA JAM - SEGA and Wii remake
- Boomshockalocka

Goldeneye
- Arguably one of the best video games ever.

The first Sonic the Hedgehog
- Used to go to Pizza King with my grandparents and PK had video games in every booth. I would play Sonic the Hedgehog for an hour (plus) with a controller that was bolted to the table.

rank_50
MrNerdDad
Main Console: Xbox One

Return to other video games and consoles