What are your top fifteen video games of all time?

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Re: What are your top fifteen video games of all time?

Postby Nibelilt » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:16 pm

I want to make my list, but I haven't played Shovel Knight yet and I think it deserves the chance to get on my list. :P Some of you already know what my #1 is anyway, but I've been working on a personal list to make it overly-accurate and I feel like Shovel Knight will end up on it.
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:10 am

^Will we see the return of Butt Butt? :lol:
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby Mr. Skeleton » Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:44 am

in no specific order.

1. Tony Hawk's Underground 1 (PS2)
2. Twisted Metal 2 (Playstation)
3. Twisted Metal: Black (PS2)
4. Fighters Megamix (Sega Saturn)
5. Disney Infinity
6. Jet Moto (Playstation)
7. Motor Toon Grand Prix (Playstation)
8. Mario Kart (SNES)
9. NBA Hangtime (N64)
10. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time (SNES)
11. The Last of Us: Remastered (PS4)
12. Grand Theft Auto V: Online (PS3)
13. Die Hard Arcade (Sega Saturn)
14. Super Smash Bros: Brawl (Wii)
15. Jet Grind Radio/Jet Set Radio (Dreamcast)

rank_500
Mr. Skeleton
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Miek » Sun Aug 17, 2014 1:01 pm

It's impossible to put these in a specific order, so here we go.

15. Metal Gear Solid
14. Halo 3
13. Mario Kart Double Dash
12. Kingdom Hearts
11. Final Fantasy IX
10. Uncharted 2
9. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
8. Mass Effect 2
7. Phoenix Wright: Trials and Tribulations
6. Pokemon Gold/Silver
5. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. Dragon Age: Origins
3. World of Warcraft
2. The Last Of Us
1. Persona 4 Golden

rank_0
Miek
Main Console: PS4

Postby Rapunzel. » Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:44 pm

1) Drakan: Order of the Flame
2) Tomb Raider Series
3) The Legend of Zelda Series (Including Hyrule Warriors)
4) Elder Scrolls Series
5) Little Big Planet Series
6) Diablo III
7) Dragon Age Series
8) Lord of the Rings: Online
9) Star Wars: Battlefront Series
10) Disney Infinity
11) Tales of Series (Tales of Xillia is my favorite)
12) Mario
13) Sonic
14) Dynasty Warriors
15) MANY MORE!
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.

Postby Nibelilt » Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:59 pm

@Kyle Probably, but I bet I'll go back to my Pit avatar straight afterwards. XD
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby PerryTheMonkey » Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:43 am

#1 all time: The Legend of Zelda (NES)
This game was so huge in game play and puzzle solving, and it was one of the first NES games released, and actually saved your progress. That save feature was very rare for NES games.

The rest in no particular order:
Tetris (Game Boy)
This came with the original Game Boy (back when it was standard for all new systems to include a game so you can play it right out of the box with no extra purchases). Huge hit and inspired many knock-off puzzle games for all systems and computers, including Dr. Mario.

Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) - Honorable mention to the much easier Super Mario World (SNES)
Mario 3 was not the first of the side-scrolling Mario games, but it was by far the one that was the biggest hit. The enhancement of powers beyond the fire flower was a great fun enhancer to the game play. My honorable mention in addition to this came with the Super Nintendo system, and was fun and included new items like Mario 3 did, but the game play was so much easier.

Mortal Kombat 2 (SNES/Genesis)
Sequal to the hit fighter game with even more cool fighters to choose from. Honorable mentions going to Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, which had a huge library of fighters to play as.

Super Mario 64 (N64)
This was a launch game for N64, but was the first Nintendo system to not include a game.This game went away from the side-scrolling Mario games and took you into an open world with multiple challenges in each world that made replay value worth it. The challenge for one person was to beat Bowser while the next person may see the challenge as collecting every star. This inspired a new way of play for all of the future Mario releases, and in a way, may have been the inspiration for the world and play of Zelda 64.

New Super Mario Bros (DS/Wii)
This may be no better than, and almost identical to how Mario 3 played out, but it is on this list because of what happened with Super Mario 64 and every game after. This was the first return of a new Mario game to the classic side-scrolling format which created 4 new Mario games in this new relaunch (DS/Wii, 2 on 3DS and U on WiiU). If it was not for this game and the success it saw, I may not have included Mario 64 on my list, as that game killed the traditional side-scrolling Marios.

Mario Tennis (Virtual Boy)
This is the game included with Virtual Boy. I was never a tennis fan but this game made that sport fun.Huge replay value, unfortunately this system did not last long enough to give this game the exposure it deserved.

Wii Sports (Wii)
This game put video games in places not imagined. Libraries, senior citizen homes and almost every household in America. Only game I ever got injured playing.

Grand Theft Auto 2 (PS2)
Huge open world and huge story. Have to put a huge amount of time into it to get just half way through all of the missions. Love the fact that you can play as a man walking around or you can drive any vehicle around you want, both at any moment without restrictions.

Crazy Taxi (Arcade, Dreamcast, Game Cube, etc?)
This game is probably not seen as one of the great games of all time, but it is here as a guilty pleasure of mine. Just plain fun in a huge open world map. This game has a driving feel of Grand Theft Auto, but without the weapons and foot duty.

Transformers (PS2)
I have owned every Nintendo system released in America (see reference above to Virtual Boy...). I purchased a Genesis 3 as the end of its life and got a lot of games use for cheap, but in that, I have always been a Nintendo loyalist. That changed with this game. I started getting back into Transformers when in college with the Armada relaunch. This game was based on that show and it looked so awesome that I got a PS2 just for this game. Loved that you could transform at any time and play as a car or robot. If it was not for this game that made me get a PS2, I would have never experienced the amazing world of Grand Theft Auto. The PS2 is still the only system I ever bought while the system was not dying on its end of cycle that was not from Nintendo, and while I have put thought into a PS3/4, I still have not made the move to another new system that was not Nintendo, all because this game was exclusive to PS2.

Donkey Konga (Game Cube)
This is the original Guitar Hero/Rock Band. You got a game that included a set of bongos for the controller. Based in a Donkey Kong jungle themed world, you played percussion to some hit songs. You had 4 control options: left bongo, right bongo, both hit at same time and a microphone where it heard when you clapped for the fourth sequence. Although not as advanced as the 5 drum drum set of Rock Band, this had to definitely set the path for the music instrument genre of games.

Mega Man 2 (NES)
The Metroid series of games was great, but they had one flaw over Mega Man: his blaster. Take the wide array of weapons you could keep on you and swap as needed from Zelda and the world of different arm-mounted blasters with different abilities in Metroid, combine those two and you get Mega Man. My one flaw with Metroid was always that when you got a new blaster, you could never save it and swap between the new blaster and previous ones. On Mega Man, you could. Although the Metroid map definitely wins over Mega Man, the blaster was always the key to this game being so much fun.

May add in a few years to this list:
Skylanders (all systems)
Revolutionized how games are played today with extra figures purchased as a gimmick to enhance play and make more money.

Disney Infinity (all systems)
While very much like Skylanders only in the figure aspect, the open world where you create your universe makes it a completely different game.

These two games are very big today, but before naming them one of the greats of all time, I would want to wait a few years when they are outside of fad status and see if they survive when looking back in time. This is also a reason why I did not put Rock Band on my list. I love the guitar and drum controllers, but they have not really survived. Huge at the time, but their producers had money troubles that did not let them continue forward. But their greatness still makes my list in the original version; Donkey Konga.

rank_50
PerryTheMonkey

Postby AnnaElsaInfinity » Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:26 pm

1. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES)
2. Super Mario 3D World (wii u)
3. Super Mario Galaxy 2 (wii)
4. Super Mario Galaxy (wii)
5. Kirby's Dream Land (Game Boy)
6. Mario Kart wii (wii)
7. Donkey Kong Country (SNES)
8. Donkey Kong Country Returns (wii)
9. Super Mario Kart (SNES)
10. Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles IV Turtles in Time (SNES)
11. Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 3 (wii)
12. One Piece Unlimited Cruise 2 - Awakening of a Hero (wii)
13. Super Mario World (SNES)
14. Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles II - Back From The Sewers (Game Boy)
15. Super Mario Land 2 - 6 Golden Coins (Game Boy)

rank_0
AnnaElsaInfinity
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Devil » Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:39 pm

15-Halo Spartan Assault (Windows Phone)

14-BoZ

13-Injustice

12-Sly Cooper

11-Midnight Club LA

10- Forza 4

9-Pokemon Pearl

8-Pokemon Soul Silver

7-Halo Reach

6-Halo 3

5-Mass Effect 2

4-Legend of Zelda: link between worlds

3-Disney Infinity (xbox 360, soon to be 2.0 for xbone)

2-Halo Combat Evolved

1-Pokemon Firered Version

rank_0
Devil
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to other video games and consoles