Little Big Planet (series)

walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches that are not Disney Infinity related

Little Big Planet (series)

Postby BenFleischman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:45 am

Why has no one told me about this game? I've always known about it, but I never knew what it was. You can practically create anything, unlike Disney Infinity, where you're limited to set pieces and blocks. However, DI is 3D and LBP is exclusively sidescrolling - but it looks awesome! I've been watching videos and its amazing how detailed you can get.

Little Big Planet 3 is coming to Playstation 4. I'm definitely getting a PS4 now (I dont know how... haha). But seriously this game, the best DI Toy Box experience, and Kingdom Hearts 3 - all on PS4!

Discuss LBP! Tell me about it! What should I know?

▼▼▼ REPLY!!! ▼▼▼

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Little Big Planet (series)

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:03 am

I played the first and loooooved it. However when my ps3 died I couldn't play it and lost the disc. Its a great game and will be playing again when I get a chance

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby candyle73 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:36 pm

I LOVE everything Little Big Planet! I've played through both games, have a lot of DLC, and can't wait for number 3.

The story levels are incredibly fun in both games. But some of the user created levels are just mind-boggling. You truly can create ANYTHING. I've seen creators make a working calculator, first person shooters, and even role playing games just to name an extremely small few. If the DC content is available when you get LBP3 for PS4 I highly suggest purchasing it. It includes some extremely fun levels, awesome power-ups and cool costumes.

Even if you don't get into creating levels, trust me when I say you will NEVER get bored of what others have created. The search system works great (unlike DI, sorry but true). You can add tags to find levels with vehicles, platformers only, difficulty, etc, etc. Sackboy has some really fun power-ups you can filter your search to find to including: a grappling hook, superhero cape, power gloves, paintball gun, and even more. Plus each power up is customizable for the creator. Let's say you have a hat that shoots out rubber balls. The creator can edit the hat to shoot electrified teddy bears for example. Also the creator can set items he made as items for the player to win!

Man, you got me pumped! I just want to leave work and play some LBP now! I know DI tagline is "the possibilities are infinite" but really, that tagline belongs to LBP.
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Postby BenFleischman » Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:11 pm

It really does sound amazing! Im almost more excited for that than DI 2.0. The fact that you can do so much in LBP makes it seem complex, yet all the videos I've seen make it look so fun and simple once you get the hang of it. With LBP and Disney Infinity, I'll be able to make awesome sidescrollers and open worlds! So exciting!

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby Stitch » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:09 am

I am so excited for Little Big Planet 3!
Buying a PS4 is finally beginning to pay off.
I never had the chance to play the past two games as I owned an Xbox 360, but I am so excited. it looks so much fun!

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:01 am

I've played LBP, and LBP2. Disney Infinity is way more appealing. LBP is just...Odd.
The creation in Infinity is way easier and better, in my opinion.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BenFleischman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:39 am

LBP does have an odd tone, but as an artist, it seems like it would appeal more to me than DI because you can actually CREATE. Disney Infinity is more about placing premade objects to construct levels. But the Disney aspect is what will always keep me attracted to Infinity. I just hope they add in more creative tools to Infinity eventually.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:43 am

The main problem with LBP's tools is, because everything is more freeform, if your hand slips, you can easily end up with a mess.
Also, Disney was in LBP for a while.
No idea if that's removed. Rex is actually a costume.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby BenFleischman » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:11 am

I know there are TS3, Muppets, and Nm Bf Christmas dlc packs. No matter how much I end up loving or hating LBP, I wont drop Infinity; Ive been a part of it for too long. Actually, Im worried that creative games will take all of my attention away from actual art. This year I need to do A LOT of life drawing so I can have enough skill to get into a good character animation program when I apply senior year. I have a lot of growing to do in what seems like a short amount of time... I may ditch a lot of stuff soon, including Infinity. None of this will happen abrubtly; I just need to prioritize.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Next

Return to other video games and consoles