New to the Boards? Introduce yourself!

Re: New to the Boards? Introduce yourself!

Postby Devinias » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:27 am

I am a re-turning DI fan. :) Just got back into DI 3.0 and so far with GS 5 for 2 sale and trades, we have around 50 characters so far. My kids and I both play. My NNID is under my avatar. I will add my two oldest kids NNID's so that if anyone has some kids who would like to play sometime they can. I am looking to eventually get the entire set of characters. Obviously, it will be a bit cheaper now that the market is a bit more flooded. Plus, I am only wanting the basic figures, and not the special crystal or FX ones. Anyways, I am 34 (I know a 34 year old playing DI), and I play about two nights a week on DI. Right now still doing the intro portions. Hope to see some people online!! If you add me on the Wii U just let me know you are from here.

rank_0
Devinias
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:34 am

welcome back Devinias :)

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby daedelusikarius » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:33 pm

Hi I have been collecting my Disney Infinity figures for some time in hopes of having them all. Now I am finally playing in earnest and having a blast in creating Toy Boxes and leveling my characters there. I have many questions!! I love this site. ! So full of info thanks for having this site!!

rank_0
daedelusikarius
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Mar 20, 2016 6:52 pm

welcome to the forums daedelusikarius

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hotrod74 » Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:27 pm

Hi I'm Rod I'm a Disney fan I've just bought infinity and think its great im playing as iron man anything you want to know just ask

I did write a lot longer intro but it won't post and I couldn't be bothered to rewrite it as I'm using my phone and its awkward typing for a long while sorry
HotRod74

rank_0
hotrod74
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby Elmo STM » Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:04 pm

^happened to me a few times too lol but welcome

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby The Crocodile » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:29 am

Hey everyone! I've known about DI for awhile but held off on taking the plunge until now as the opportunity to play as Ant-Man in Giant-Man mode and slap around enemies was too good to pass up! Really big fan of Marvel, Star Wars, and Disney in general though as far as possible/upcoming figures go I'm more excited about things on the Marvel side. My favorite Disney character since early childhood has been Tick Tock the Crocodile featured in Peter Pan (hence the profile name) and if they ever announced a figure for him I'd pre-order is ASAP. I'm not really one for collecting figures and am pretty picky in terms of what I'd be willing to get in the future. Probably will stick to my very favorite characters and that's it.

rank_0
The Crocodile
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Mar 24, 2016 11:24 am

Welcome Crocodile! Good luck sticking to your favorites! I always told myself I would only buy my favorites as well. I am not sure how I have almost 100 figures. I guess I have a lot of favorites!

Just remember these three words:

Never pay retail!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PandaAlsatian » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:53 pm

Hey everyone! After lurking for a bit, I was finally talked into joining here. I go by PandaAlsatian for DI, and I'm a 24 year old male. I've been around on Youtube and Twitch interacting with other DI players, but I was hoping to get more involved in the community and maybe learn and share more. I like building open world toyboxes with a strong story and unique mechanics. I've been featured for Nian's Revenge, Longhorn Roundup, and "Elf Wanted". I have a slew of half-finished boxes that I need to go back and finish but I recently submitted for the first time in a few months for the Zootopia Challenge. Easily my newest favorite movie! I even saw it in theaters twice, and about to see it three times (it's very rare for me to go to the theaters AT ALL, because of how I was raised). This toybox was also my first collab, with my other half - MetalPharoah. He just recently joined the forums too, and he's completely new to the game. Unfortunately, we packed the meter so full (very new to the Wii U, it usually crashes when you touch the red in the meter) that our third level won't even completely load for us... so we can't bug test or see what's wrong. ^^; (If anyone has any notes to share, that would be helpful! We already know the Joy townsperson doesn't talk, and the TIE fighters don't fly on their paths, but we have no idea why.)

I got into Disney Infinity 1.0 really late because of the start-up costs and knowing that my collectionist-spirit would want to get every figure no matter how many times I told myself, "Only get your favorites". 2.0 had been announced by that point and then I started playing 1.0. I loved the Pirates of the Caribbean playset and Lone Ranger playset, but the others were a struggle to get through (I still haven't finished everything). I didn't even get Cars or Toy Story until 3.0 was announced. I played most heavily in 2.0, but I still didn't even touch the toybox all that much, having early bad experiences with low-quality toyboxes, and being hopeless at building my own. My little sister and I just used the blank canvas to mess around with the toys, not really building focused on anything. When the 3.0 upgrades and new toys were announced... that's when I saw the possibilities. And I was getting into the community more. I had no idea about Toy Box TV or anything online until I started searching player guides, so I was really out of the loop. ^^; I've been a writer all my life, and I'm an aspiring novelist right now hoping to publish soon independently, and the toyboxes are another creative endeavor for me, now that I know what I'm doing! Of course, I'm always looking to learn more and become a better builder. I know I have a long way to go.

I currently build boxes on the Wii U, but I'm looking to get a PS4 for better building. Is the Playstation Plus absolutely needed to play Disney Infinity? What does it do, exactly if anybody knows?

rank_0_ftb
PandaAlsatian
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Member Introductions