New to the Boards? Introduce yourself!

Re: New to the Boards? Introduce yourself!

Postby March Hare » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:10 am

Hellos! My name is Cricket. 30 years young and the biggest kid with responsibilities that you will ever meet. See I never officially grew up. I collect comics among other things and enjoy play all sorts of games ranging from video to card to board games. I have two minions/offspring. Cloud and Chaos keep me on the go. There has never been a dull day after bringing home my boys.
Looking forward to exploring this forum and meeting some new people. I have met some very awesome people through collecting Skylanders across the globe, that restored a bit of faith in humanity for me. In every realm of all things fantasy there are always customs, and I especially am looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas come to life.
March Hare

Postby Peifgirl » Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:16 am

March Hare wrote:Hellos! My name is Cricket. 30 years young and the biggest kid with responsibilities that you will ever meet. See I never officially grew up. I collect comics among other things and enjoy play all sorts of games ranging from video to card to board games. I have two minions/offspring. Cloud and Chaos keep me on the go. There has never been a dull day after bringing home my boys.
Looking forward to exploring this forum and meeting some new people. I have met some very awesome people through collecting Skylanders across the globe, that restored a bit of faith in humanity for me. In every realm of all things fantasy there are always customs, and I especially am looking forward to seeing everyone's ideas come to life.

awesome intro *golf clap*

rank_0
Peifgirl
Main Console: PS4

Postby Adscan » Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:17 am

Hello there!…Come here my little friend. Don’t be afraid.
I can’t write “Hello there” without remembering the scene from Star Wars A New Hope (when Obi Wan is kneeling over an unconscious Luke and notices R2) and so I had to finish the line. Co-incidentally I can’t write “Hello there!…Come here my little friend. Don’t be afraid.” without remembering the time I was asked to step into a van as a child. I think it best not write anything about how Obi Wan goes on to say “Rest easy, son, you’ve had a busy day. You’re fortunate you’re still in one piece.”

Before I get side tracked, My name is Adam, my friends call me Ads and strangers on the interwebs call me Adscan. Like Cricket above me there I am still a kid at heart at 38 although unlike Cricket my son is no minion, more like a sparring partner…that you don’t want to spar with and I can never find him as his main hobbies are climbing and hiding. I am a gaming junkie and have a son who loves his Pixar fix just like his dad. So it is fair to say I am not the biggest fan of Disney as much as I am Pixar, Star Wars & Marvel and this is the main reason I am looking forward to what DI will bring. Oh yeah I acronymed it, FIRST!

I used to be Graphic Designer who worked his way up to Creative Director then hated what it actually is and stood for so much he quit to study Psychology with a goal to actually do some good in this world. OMG! I am writing in the third person, I’m so ashamed.

I love sandbox games and the collecting nature of the game appeals to me as I used to collect Star Wars figures a long, long time ago. The design is fantastic as it reminds me a lot of Gentle Giant Animated sculpting style and is overall awesome. The main motivator for me is that this game will be great fun for both my son to run around together and that can’t be a bad thing. =]

March Hare wrote:In every realm of all things fantasy there are always customs

P.S. I can’t agree with March Hare more as customs prevented me from bringing home a broadsword from a trip to Africa in 2007, so I feel your pain.

P.P.S. To be clear, I don't dislike Disney in fact I really like Tangled. It’s just that I like Pixar’s catalogue more. ;)

Wow, I have kinda written a short story here. I better cut myself off before I ...

Etch
Adscan
XBL ID: Adscan

Postby dex3210 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:48 pm

Just dropping in to say hi to everyone..off to Walt Disney World in 2 weeks will let everyone know if there is any information over there in the parks in relation to Infinity will update you all once we are there.
GoD - Guardian of Disney

rank_0
dex3210

Postby mdewater » Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:39 am

Hello! I'm Matt, and I'm here because I'm a huge Disney guy. I work seasonally as a Cast Member at Hollywood Studios and I'll be graduating this May with a degree in animation, with high hopes of working at Walt Disney Animation Studios eventually.

Really looking forward to Disney Infinity - the game looks great, but I'm really in this for the figures. I'm a very big collector, and seeing all these characters lined up with consistent design aesthetics has me way too excited. Honestly if the game isn't as successful as hoped, I hope they just continue making the figures anyways :lol:

rank_100
mdewater

Postby toops » Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:20 am

mdewater wrote:Hello! I'm Matt, and I'm here because I'm a huge Disney guy. I work seasonally as a Cast Member at Hollywood Studios and I'll be graduating this May with a degree in animation, with high hopes of working at Walt Disney Animation Studios eventually.

Really looking forward to Disney Infinity - the game looks great, but I'm really in this for the figures. I'm a very big collector, and seeing all these characters lined up with consistent design aesthetics has me way too excited. Honestly if the game isn't as successful as hoped, I hope they just continue making the figures anyways :lol:

you and i have almost everything in common with exception of our name and working as a cast member lol.

rank_deputy_etch
toops
Main Console: PS3

Postby mikefan » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:03 pm

Hey guys! I'm Mikefan, known as Terrafan on darkSpyro. I love collecting so that's why i'm here!
Mike is my favorite Disney Character!
He's funny and I love Green!

rank_100
mikefan

Postby FelixBrownSLC » Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:47 am

Hey everyone, my name's Ira (pseudonym) I'm a game developer and animator. It's really great to see the excitement for the game, you're in for something truly special!
DISCLAIMER: posts do not necessarily reflect the opinions of my employer.

Mickey
FelixBrownSLC

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:24 am

FelixBrownSLC wrote:Hey everyone, my name's Ira (pseudonym) I'm a game developer and animator. It's really great to see the excitement for the game, you're in for something truly special!

Someone from Avalanche Software, here on our forums!? :o

Welcome and I hope that you'll amuse yourself on our speculation. :)
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

PreviousNext

Return to Member Introductions