How do you safely trade with someone online?

How do you safely trade with someone online?

Postby lightyear8 » Fri Aug 16, 2013 9:35 pm

I feel like this question should be in the "Disney Infinity forum members buy, sell and swap" section but it's locked to new posting.

How do you safely trade with someone online? Say I agree with someone on the forum to make a one for one swap of power discs... how do I do this without getting scammed? Say I mail them my disc but they never send me the one they agreed to trade. What happens then?

Hope that's not a dumb question. I'm fairly new to this forum thing. Please forgive me.

Thanks and I'm really looking forward to playing this with my family!

rank_50
lightyear8
Main Console: Xbox One

Re: How do you safely trade with someone online?

Postby zerocool » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:03 am

I would say that when you ship the item via USPS, have the USPS attach a tracking number. I know it doesnt promise that the item that gets delievered IS the disc, but at least you know something has been sent to you. To add a tracking # it costs like a dollar something extra. That being said, it doesnt make the price worth the scam. i.e. 1 or 2 dollars for tracking number is half the price of a blind pack anyway. Just an idea, and be clear on the forums who you have had positive and negative trades with.

rank_50
zerocool
Main Console: PS4

Postby FROZOFAN » Sat Aug 17, 2013 12:27 am

Honestly, you don't. BUT, once someone scams you, I am postivie they will be banned or at least "Red Flagged" here on the forums so hopefully those giys can get weeded out pretty fast.

rank_250
FROZOFAN
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:41 am

^ let's just say that any scammers that are found will feel the full force of the local law enforcement. hopefully the buy, sell, swap section will be opening again soon

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby KyletheCartoonist » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:57 am

I'm sure that when the section opens up, the Sheriff will be on a scammer hunt. And don't think he doesn't know how to weed 'em out. I have complete faith in him.
Not dead, just busy. :)

Lotso Transitron
KyletheCartoonist
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby paulyp1919 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:59 am

I cannot wait to see your take. I have no idea what is fair...

rank_0
paulyp1919
XBL ID:

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:21 am

Always best to use tracking, howerver important to remember there's two parties, and buyers can be unscrupulous as well as sellers or in this case either trader, so I hope the forum doesn't immediately accept on side's story, you don't know which is being truthful.
Also don't forget the other party involved, the actual courier, they can mess up too, or take longer than expected.

Basically, try to avoid knee-jerk overreactions.
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby axltk421 » Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:50 am

Back in the day when I traded Disney Beanies (Mini Bean Bags), everything was done with feedback - the same way eBay works now (eBay was in it's infancy back then).
Generally if someone with low feedback (number of trades) wanted to trade with someone with high feedback, the person with low feedback posted first and that is how your feedback built up.
As I've said before on these forums, I made some great friends through beanie trading, all over the world, and this is one of the things I am looking forward to with Power Discs in Infinity! So looking forward to seeing how the boards work Sheriff.
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby candyle73 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:18 pm

I guess I like to believe most people are generally honest. I've done a lot of "trust" trades through craigslist and other forums on other stuff and so far I've never been ripped off.
Come on Disney, I know you want to announce Darkwing Duck next...

rank_250
candyle73
PSN ID:

Next

Return to Forum Related Suggestions, Ideas, Comments and Questions