Merge "gameplay" and "game related questions"??

Merge "gameplay" and "game related questions"??

Postby bzyboy » Wed Aug 28, 2013 5:40 pm

I'm not sure what the difference is between the "gameplay" board and the "game related questions" board. There's a lot of similarity in that people are asking questions based on the game in general and also asking for help on certain sections of the games on both boards. Does it make sense to merge the two and have one board where all those questions are asked??

rank_100
bzyboy
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Merge "gameplay" and "game related questions"??

Postby Musicboy74 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 11:13 pm

Sheriff should probably make Game Related Questions a subforum under Gameplay. ;)
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby LeiaOrgana » Tue Sep 03, 2013 1:53 am

I think the best idea is to rename Game Related Questions to add "Help" somehow - there seem to be scattered "OMG MY SYSTEM IS BONKERZ!!" posts across different forums. Like "Game Related Questions and Help", and change the Gameplay board to Gameplay Discussions. So

Gameplay Related Questions and Help

Gameplay Discussion

That keeps the two separate, so those who want to concentrate on helping newer players, etc. have a forum to find that, and those who want to discuss gameplay topics (like, features, etc.) can go to Discussions.

Of course, there is some overlap - but I think the confusion lies with people who want to say "What do you want to see in DI2?" or "What is your favorite creativ object to program?" are putting them in Questions, when they really are discussion - and people are putting the "OMGZ HELP MEZ" in the Discussion section.

Oh, and it would be good if they do add the "help" section to state in a sticky "READ ME BEFORE ASKING FOR HELP" where the recurring questions can be placed, and/or make it clear that EVERYONE who replies is volunteering their personal time to do so, so the "why has no one answered my question? why can't you fix this??" posts are specified up front to be outlawed. ;-)

*and not to be too OCD, but since I am lol I really wish the various forum names were capitalized...yes, I know, I'm crazy...but it does make my OCD go off like a three alarm fire, LOL.

rank_250
LeiaOrgana

Postby altiareagle » Tue Sep 03, 2013 5:36 pm

i'm only okay with it becoming a subforum. I really don't want this to happen since it would be a bit more disorganized.Lets see what sheriff thinks when he comes across it :D . This doesn't affect just 4 people, it effects basically every forum member we've gotten since the release since most of em are here because they need game help. Thats why there are questions being reasked, its too big in there and nobody goes through tons of pages to find an answer. I'm not gonna lie either, i've done it before too.
Kinda tired.
Chat with me If you're tired too.

rank_1500
altiareagle
Location: Cushing, Texas. Where the coyotes wail and there isn't a steakhouse. Or Steak.
Main Console: PS3

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:06 pm

forums have been renamed ...

Disney Infinity game related questions is now ...
Disney Infinity game related questions and help
including walkthroughs, hints, tips and glitches any game related questions go in this forum

Disney Infinity gameplay is now ...
Disney Infinity general discussions
any general discussions that are not questions or help go in this forum

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Musicboy74 » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:28 pm

Great job Sheriff! The forum renames should help new members know where to post.
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:33 pm

^ here's hoping :D

thank you to everyone above for your suggestions. this topic is now being locked

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Forum Related Suggestions, Ideas, Comments and Questions