was there a UK demo event in London ?

Re: was there a UK demo event in London ?

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:04 pm

Darn it, I mean I probably wouldn't have been able to go, between work and family, but I would have done my best.
A chance to play it and maybe walk away with a figure?! Yay

Like Sheriff Woody, I can easily make it into London, probably by train.

Hey.... here's a wild idea... if they don't do UK events (or give us a heads up), we could organise our own?
A meet up in London, buy, sell, trade power discs and figures, raffles, play the game together, heh.

Nah, just kidding, finding and hiring a suitable venue would be difficult and a loss if there wasn't the attendance, which is likely.

Shame though, I expect I'll have a lot of spare power discs and be missing a couple of the rares for a while.
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby SalmonPink » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:20 pm

^ While renting a space to play the game probably isn't doable, a London meet-up could certainly be possible further down the line. We could go geek out in the Disney Store on Oxford Street and then get a drink at one of the countless nearby coffee shops or fast food places and trade power discs. It could just be a chilled out thing we do every few months, for those who can make it (I'm only suggesting London because that's what where we've been referring to in this thread, but obviously it could be anywhere). I don't know, maybe it's something we can talk about once the game is released and people are starting to accumulate power disc doubles.

rank_250
SalmonPink
Main Console: PS3

Postby AceSoloMcCloud » Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:58 pm

Well, I'd move for a motion of Sheriff Woody approval, and if so approved, then the creation of a committee to organise such regular activity (by regular it could be annual) plus a private forum for said committee, and would begin nominating committee members as obviously Sheriff Woody, SalmonPink and myself. A committee head or rep then appointed and said person start a new topic on "the meetup" (RD fans call theirs Dimension Jump, so would be nice to come up with a cool name, an ideal the first job of the committee, second one being looking into possible options in London, but as you say likely start small), this topic to be located in a current "public" forum, or a new one up to the discretion of Sheriff Woody, and leave these comments to return to the discussion of the actual UK demo event.
Daring Air Operations Expert
Have Disney Infinity on: Xbox 360 | PS3 | Wii U

rank_100
AceSoloMcCloud
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby zaganh » Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:34 pm

im in the uk and im getting 10 blind packs of power discs so ill be trading =D hope we can all help each other to complete our sets im in bradford so leeds would be an awesome place to meet and trade if anyones near there or ill trade by post too if anyone wants to ^^

rank_250
zaganh
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity events