D23 Expo 2015 Disney Infinity Fans Meetup

Re: D23 Expo 2015 Disney Infinity Fans Meetup

Postby SketchFox7 » Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:38 pm

That's awesome, I applied as well for the summit, hope we both get invites!
"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." -Walt Disney

rank_500
SketchFox7
Main Console: Wii U

Postby fdanielix » Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:19 pm

@InfinityApprentice Still not sure. The flight details haven't arrived yet.
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:23 pm

There are so many presentations I want to see, since this is my first (and maybe my only) time I'm going to D23! The presentations I deffinitely want to see are the upcoming films with John Lasseter, Disney Parks, and of course Disney Interactive! There still seem to be more and more presentations coming out, but for now, those 3 are the big things I MUST see (and it's good that they are in the biggest hall).

I can't promise anything, but I'd be up for meeting up with the forum members once everything is scheduled!
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:42 pm

@fdanielix I've never been to either airport, but I've heard from friends that Orange is better than LAX, so if you get the choice you might want to opt for Orange..

@InfinityGuru Congrats on your first D23 Expo!! Make sure you read the tips I posted above; I tried to cover everything I could think of. :) Do you mind if I ask if you coming in by plane, train, or car?
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby Infinity Guru » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:53 pm

@InfinityApprentice I'm going to the Toy Box Summit a few days before D23 by plane from Pennsylvania. How I'm going to get from the Hotel they are booking us at to the Expo itself is still unknown, I'm hoping it's in walking distance!

I read your tips and found it very helpful, thank you so much! Do you happen to know how huge the convention center is? If I pick up a map the day of, would it be hard to find certain areas? I would hate to be lost and end up missing a show I want to see. How does the 'fastpass' system work at the expo? I'm very familiar how it works at the parks, is it the same? Do you need to be a member to get more perks?

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

D23 Expo 2015 Disney Infinity Fans Meetup

Postby CueLannoo » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:57 pm

@infinity Guru I can almost guarantee you WILL be within walking distance of everything scheduled for you! The convention center is large and quite intimidating but they have handbooks with awesome maps in them that help you navigate easily. The convention center is literally right behind California Adventure and easily walked to all Disney hotels (which is where I am betting you will be staying.) If you are overwhelmed you will have a bunch of friends there with you (fellow ToyBox artists) who can help you get around. Plus you have us too!

Edit: The app was D23 Expo and also a tip is if you REALLY want to see a show be there at least one hour early (preferably 2+ hours early) if you can't get into the hall they have overflow theaters as well showing the panel
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:59 pm

@Cuelannoo Awesome! Thanks for the info :)

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:12 pm

@InfinityGuru The convention center is large, not humongous (like the San Diego convention center used for ComicCon), but I don't know the exact square footage. Last time D23 used the ground floor (where you'll find the entrance for Hall D23, various exhibitors, and the food court) and the second floor (where smaller panels were held). I don't believe they used the third floor at all, although that could change as this year's expo is supposed to be bigger. There is a ginormous staircase (I did that and don't recommend it), escalators, and elevators to get between all of the floors.

There are always maps and schedules available, and it's not too difficult to get around. You can always ask fellow patrons for directions; by the third day everyone was pretty much a pro. :D

The app was the official D23 Expo app. I don't see it currently available for download in the iTunes Store, but hopefully it will be updated and available soon. It also had a schedule and map in it.

Here are a few videos that may be helpful in giving you an idea of the lay of the land:

Downtown Disney (located between the Disneyland Hotel and the Parks):
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice

Postby Frozenstar » Sun Jul 26, 2015 4:08 pm

Wow Im very late to this topic but I had so hard finding it(thank you Sheriff). This will be my first D23 Expo and I have been wanting to go ever since I was 16 now in 2015 Im finally going to the expo and this will also be the first time I'll be in California. The reason I have wanted to go to this expo for so long is because 1. where I live Disney is not a popular thing so I have hard to talk and hangout with people 2. Im looking up to animators as role models and they have inspired me with their films 3. I love animation and I want to become a animator/director/writer myself. This is a trip that I have been planning for a long time. This is what I need and I want it to be as special as possible. But here's the thing Im asking could it be possible that I could meet up with any of you guys at the expo so that I won't feel so lonely cause sometimes I can be shy on my own. It would be really nice to make some new friends. Im very excited for Zootopia, Finding Dory, The Good Dinosaur, Moana, Goofy Movie 20th anniversary special, the Aladdin making of a classic and maybe meet Adreas Deja. Also Im really like really excited for Kingdom Hearts 3 and Disney Infinity 3.0 espically Kingdom Hearts 3.

I booked my tickets back in november 2014 and I will be there the whole weekend from friday to sunday
Could you please add me to the list.
I love animation

rank_100_ftb
Frozenstar
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events