D23 Expo 2015 Disney Infinity Fans Meetup

Re: D23 Expo 2015 Disney Infinity Fans Meetup

Postby CueLannoo » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:14 am

We are still working out specific details on the meetup. It will probably be finalized last minute due to Disney waiting to completely announce the panel schedule and map of the show floor. We will most likely do it on the Saturday or Sunday to give folks a day or so to get their bearings of the show floor. Wouldn't want anyone to get lost or confused trying to find the meetup!
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby Synth-Night » Mon Jul 20, 2015 12:45 pm

Can I be added to the list please? It will be my first time there and it would be nice if I could meet you all as well.

rank_0
Synth-Night
Main Console: Wii U

Postby PirateSteven » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:55 pm

You have been added to the list. Stay tuned for updates.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby Synth-Night » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:24 am

Thank you! I hope to see you all there!

rank_0
Synth-Night
Main Console: Wii U

Postby CueLannoo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:05 pm

So what besides the DI panel are you guys excited for? Trying to see who wants to camp out for certain panels with yours truly

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby soccerdude21490 » Thu Jul 23, 2015 2:58 pm

The Worlds, Galaxies, and Universes and the Parks panels should be sweet! Very excited about those!
AKA: Jason over at www.InfinityInquirer.com

Chatter
soccerdude21490
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby CueLannoo » Thu Jul 23, 2015 3:29 pm

Yea, Saturday will be a very popular day indeed! Also found this info that may be useful to some.

Overnight Queueing
While we do not encourage guests to wait overnight for sessions, to ensure guest safety we will be opening up the Anaheim Convention Center Thursday and Friday nights and allow guests to remain there Hall E. Advance lineups for access to the Show Floor (Gold, Silver, and General Admission) and Hall D23 will take place the evening prior to the Friday and Saturday dates of D23 EXPO 2015.

If you are attending D23 EXPO 2015 on Friday, August 14, lineups will begin on Thursday, August 13th at 10 p.m. in Hall E. If you are attending D23 EXPO 2015 on Saturday, August 15, lineups will begin on Friday, August 14th at 10 p.m. in Hall E.

If you arrive at 7 a.m. or later on Friday, August 14 and/or Saturday, August 15, please use the queue at the main entrance to the Anaheim Convention Center for access to the Show Floor. To attend the presentations in Hall D23, please proceed directly to Hall E for the queue.

For Sunday, August 16, the Show Floor lineups will begin no earlier than 5 a.m. at the main entrance to the Anaheim Convention Center. Please proceed directly to Hall E to attend the presentations in Hall D23. No overnight lineups will take place the evening prior.

For the overnight lineups in Hall E, please do not bring anything that cannot easily be put away into a backpack or smaller-size bag since there is not a place to store/check items until the Show Floor opens. Please do not leave items unattended.

A concession stand offering a limited menu will be open in Hall E for your convenience. No re-entry allowed, and all members of your party must be present (no holding space in line for others to join later).

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby InfinityApprentice » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:15 am

^ I wish they wouldn't allow people to queue up the night before. Everyone needs to go home or to a hotel and sleep in a real bed. Lining up the night before isn't fair to those who physically can't camp out like that, nor is it safe (hence being let inside) or healthy for those doing it. :(

They ought try doing first-come-first-served reservations for big presentations (available first to D23 members and then opening up to general attendees), and if you don't make your seat by a certain time, your seat is given up to overflow/wait list.
"Some imagination, huh?" Mickey Mouse, Fantasmic

rank_750
InfinityApprentice
Main Console: PS3

Postby CueLannoo » Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:20 am

While I understand your frustration (last expo we had a group of 5 who took turns holding spots) having spots held just don't work for the big presentations logistically. They have an equivalent of a fast pass for the smaller stages which is a HUGE help. But to hold a spot in a 7,500 seat theatre with thousands waiting to enter just won't work. Last expo there really wasn't any overnight camping. And honestly the only panel I see this actually happening would be the Saturday morning live action panel. Because, let's face it, Star Wars fans (myself included) are NUTS! There might be a few for the legends ceremony because George Lucas himself is being inducted. But I don't think it'll be a mad house like Star Wars Celebration or SDCC

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events