Disney Infinity 3.0 at E3 2015: one topic for everything

Re: Disney Infinity 3.0 at E3 2015: one topic for everything

Postby JustNCredible » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:03 am

^ Lol I was wondering about that too, didn't know if it was an accident or intentional. Seems kind of hard to use that photo accidentally...
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Ricky » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:09 am

I'm assuming this is the thread where we post our E3 impressions?

I went to the booth two days and I gotta say, if you were excited about 3.0 before, you should definitely be pumped even more now.

There were a ton of little mechanical changes that I noticed throughout my playthrough, mainly in regards to the controls and how everything handles. I noticed some new tools behind the scenes during my brief playthrough the Toybox Hub. Combine the spline tool, the new mystery tools, and the overhaul of the controls and my biggest complaint about 2.0's lackluster platforming has been washed away. I can already imagine a ton of cool things you can do with just the spline tool alone.

Now all we need is some 8 player support.

rank_0
Ricky
Main Console: Wii U

Postby JustNCredible » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:12 am

Thank you for your testimony! This makes me extremely happy, I'm glad to hear that the reworks are that noticeable and impressive. And I couldn't agree more, 8 player online would be perfect for team based challenges.
Movie Magic Video Contest Grand Prize Winner: Battle In The Locker

rank_500_ftb
JustNCredible
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby julianhilluk » Thu Jun 18, 2015 8:23 am

I'm massively envious you have got to go, but at least I'm lucky enough to have a friend there grabbing some figures for me. Did anyone get to try Olaf out? What is the art of Infinity display like?

rank_50
julianhilluk
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Ricky » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:05 am

The fact that I went was pure luck. I won the Infinity Influencers contest. Unfortunately I had work later that day so I couldn't go to the meet up.

I didn't try Olaf but I did see someone do it. His ground pound move causes enemies to freeze, he shoots snowballs out of his mouth, and his melee moves involve him ripping out one of his arms and using it as a weapon. Absolutely brutal.

The Art of Infinity display was really cool. They had a wall with a bunch of concept art, a bunch of power disc hanging on some lines, and two whole rows of prototype figures. The Hulkbuster prototype was freaking huge. I wish that was the size of the final version because my lord it looked beautiful.

rank_0
Ricky

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 1:40 pm

I hope some of the toys we see in the Inside Out playset are available in the toybox. The clouds that disappear would be cool...especially if you can apply different textures so you can make the ground disappear without having to jump though so many hoops and logic connections...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:33 pm

@Ricky what is the spline tool?

I'd love to know how side scrolling in the toy box has been updated with the addition of the Inside Out play set. I feel like a true side scrolling experience was not available in previous versions and I really hope they fixed that.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:43 pm

@GermanBoldItalic - Side scrolling is much better in 2.0 than in 1 but I hope it gets even better with 3.0. I put together a side scrolling recreation of the first Sonic the Hedgehog level (link in signature) using the scalable barrier toy (under platforming toys). I think it works pretty well but there is definitely room from improvement.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 4:59 pm

The booth looked amazing! The toybox games are totally going to be worth the money for them.

@GermanBoldItalic The spline tool is the new creativitoy that allows your to guide most things along a path. (Spaceships, townsperson, cameras stuff like that. We don't know the extent of its abilities yet) This majority of the info from this was from Game Informer.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events