Disney Infinity at Comic-Con 2015: one topic for everything

Re: Disney Infinity at Comic-Con 2015: one topic for everyth

Postby Charlee » Sun Jul 12, 2015 9:18 am

So we got no announcement that's big shame.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Sun Jul 12, 2015 1:52 pm

@charlee they're was supposed to be one but 5 mins before the show they found out they couldn't legally announce it, there's teaser pics though

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sun Jul 12, 2015 4:33 pm

i have deleted a couple of posts. please don't turn this into a character guessing or wish list topic. the only people who know who and how many figures are Disney.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mason_Ireton » Tue Jul 14, 2015 1:35 pm

Sheriff is there a D23 Expo 2015 thread all set? Tried looking for it

Aside from the quiet Ant Man news, I thought the speedway gameplay looked great, though I'm surprised we didn't see much of the ToyBox takeover gameplay

rank_500
Mason_Ireton
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vidia » Tue Jul 14, 2015 3:48 pm

I think the fact that they're giving ToyBox takeover away for free indicates they don't have as much confidence in it as they do the Speedway.
Team "Bring Padmé To Disney Infinity"

rank_750
Vidia

Postby hoodoo » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:32 pm

Toy Box Takeover sounds like a great toy box to play. I am not so interested in Speedway. What makes it different from the races we can make ourselves? Maybe I don't understand what it offers.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Goofyboy » Tue Jul 14, 2015 5:54 pm

I for one played the Kyln Escape and Brave's wood thing more than anything else in 2.0. And now, the fact that we'll be able to grab ANY of the figures we have and play together... even more awesome (instead of just Disney or just Marvel). This is the thing I'm most looking forward too for 3.0.

I would have bought Toybox takeover in a heartbeat. I'm not so sure I will be buying the Speedway.

rank_250
Goofyboy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby dcp3y » Tue Jul 14, 2015 8:16 pm

Given that the Speedway was featured for the 1st time at SDCC and we have a release date for the initial launch items, it seems like a detail got lost in the shuffle that they have not announced an available date for Speedway. Seems like most people will likely favor one of the expansions over the other and why not have both available at launch? I agree with Vidia that it seems that Disney is banking on Speedway being the more marketable of the two. I wish both were included with the starter pack - at the current pricepoint (dreaming big); and somewhat happy that at least I get the Toy Box Takeover with my preorder. Also, I agree with Goofyboy that having all characters available to play these expansion sets is very exciting - finally some more adventure for the previous Toy Box only characters even if it a "TB" expansion.

rank_100
dcp3y

Postby Infinity Guru » Wed Jul 15, 2015 12:55 am

My reasoning as to why they seem to be marketing the speedway more is because they hired an outside studio to work on the racing mechanics. By showing you videos of characters driving on the speedway, it also gives them an easy way to add "By the way, we hired (enter company here) to work on the racing mechanics, so they're 10 times better now." Toy box takeover sounds fun, but I personally didn't like Escape from the Kyln and Brave Forest Seige because I found it too repetitive.. I wish there was more cutscenes with animation, and that it was more puzzle/Platforming then constantly button mashing enemies. I still have yet to find all of the sidekick armor from both games too... I don't have the patience to check every chest I pass.

As long as Toy Box Takeover is a step above the old toy box expansion games, I think I'll like it just fine (and it sounds like it will be WAY better just from videos I've seen).
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events