Disney Infinity at the D23 expo: One Topic For Everything

Re: Disney Infinity at the D23 expo: One Topic For Everythin

Postby PirateSteven » Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:42 pm

It is 1 per person but you can get in line as many times as you want. Line is really long though. They will be doing this all weekend. I have to say that lines and attendance are beyond crazy today. It took 2 hours to even get into the Expo. Tickets for today also just sold out. Only Sunday is available now. I also feel like I know more about Disney Infinity from just being active on this message board than the developers working the booth.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby axltk421 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:06 pm

^ LOL!!
I certainly know more than any retailer I've spoken with since being on this forum!!! You would expect the Cast Members to have a little more information though!
Remember, this all started with a Mouse.

rank_100
axltk421

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:26 pm

Well, a girl figure would be surprising, but I would assume it would be Rapunzel then. Still, I think Mickey is still more likely.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby Charlee » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:30 pm

^ think he referring to the general announcements not Exclusive figure. Which is obviously Mickey.
We have the freedom of speech!!!

Lotso
Charlee
PSN ID:

Postby Rapunzel. » Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:35 pm

@Charlee I hope John Vignocchi is hinting at Rapunzel!! (Probably Anna, Elsa, and Vanellope too) Do you think Rapunzel will be available before October?!?!?!
"I am the lost princess, aren't I?"

rank_750
Rapunzel.
Main Console: Wii U

Postby BenFleischman » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:30 am

I'm pretty sure the recent store listings are accurste. Toy Story and Jack in Oct. Frozen in Nov. Wreck it Ralph and Mickey AND Rapunzel in Dec. BTW what happened to Phineas and Perry? They said at Comic Con they'd be wave 2.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
PSN ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 12:36 am

^Can't be. The Disney Interactive VP was interviewed by another forum user, and told him there would be 6 playsets at launch, and about 24 figures at launch total.

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:36 am

Pirate Steven's D23 Expo Day 1 Recap:

The Bad:

The words of the day are frustrated, overwhelmed, crowded, and lines. We arrived around 8am, and the doors open at 9am. We did not get onto the show floor until after 1030am. Lines outside the convention were disorganized and very frustrating. No one knew where to go including the people working the event. Due to the overcrowded sold out convention, we only made it to one of the five highlighted shows/panels on our wish list. That was the Disney Planes 3D show with introduction from Dane Cook (Dusty) and the Directors. There were insane lines for everything and we never made it into any of the main Disney stores or major exhibits. I also feel that the event was more catered to adults than kids the last time I went to this expo four years ago, and I had two young ones with me. I will be there the next two days which will be just as crowded, but now that I have the floor memorized and I expect the crowds I know that the next two days will be better.

The Good:

We hung out at the Disney Interactive Pavilion for most of the day. There was the Cinderella Carriage Monster truck photo op as seen at other conventions. There were areas setup to demo Toy Box mode, Incredibles Playset, Monsters Playset, and Pirates Playset. My oldest son (5) could play as long as he wanted with little demand behind him. He loved it, and couldn't be happier to live in that pavilion. His favorite Playset was Monsters University. The Disney Infinity vending machine helped relieve the stress from earlier in getting into the event. We waited in line three separate times to get free figures. The line ranged from 15 minutes to 2 hours. At the vending machine you pushed an Infinity button, and whichever character the Infinity dot on the screen landed on is the character ou received. No playsets or three packs were given away, only individual characters. There was trading going on outside the vending machine queue from different convention attendees if they got a figure they didn't prefer to have. As far as the knowledge of the people on the floor, like I said in a pervious post, I could have setup a Pirate Steven table and been the source of Disney Infinity knowledge using the vast knowledge that I have gotten from this forum. So no new info, but we all know the meat and potatoes comes on Sunday. Sorcerer Mickey was confirmed for Sunday's giveaway, but that is all I was able to confirm. We will have to get there early on Sunday and wait in a long crazy line for that one.

Another highlight of the event was that I was able to obtain the event exclusive limited edition of 825 Hallmark Ornament that was sold at the event. It sold out early today. The border around Cinderella's Castle is silver instead of the gold border ones that are sold at Hallmark stores this year. Fireworks appear and "When You Wish Upon a Star" plays with a push of a button.

I look forward to starting over tomorrow : )

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:45 am

^ yes, that's big!! sorcer Mickey confirmed for Sunday. Can't wait to see the figure.

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events