Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade event

Re: Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade eve

Postby Soubi » Thu Sep 12, 2013 11:07 am

^^ I haven't heard anything yet. My guess is that our best answer is "maybe". Also, when/if there is another one, it most likely won't be until after the next wave of discs is released

rank_250
Soubi
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby sigil » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:48 pm

Well, TRU is being helpful and maybe redeeming themselves.
Post from a Facebook message I sent to them
( Hi Richard -- we apologize again for your disappointment with the Disney Infinity Power Disc Series 2 launch and Trade-In event. We acknowledge that since the trade-in event coincided with the launch of a new series of the disc, this may have caused some confusion. Any time a product is launched, it will be made available to purchase at the store’s opening - with very few exceptions. We’ve also become aware that limits per person for sale were not honored and are working to correct that in the future. We appreciate your feedback and will be sharing your experience with the appropriate management in an effort to improve our future events.

We would like to send you a free Limited Edition power disc pack for your inconvenience. Would you please provide us your mailing address so that we can have this shipped directly to you?

Thank you!)
Maybe this will help in future releases.
Where ever you go, there you are.

rank_250
sigil
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby ice2257 » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:02 pm

Does anyone know when the next event is?
ice2257
XBL ID:

Postby Soubi » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:53 am

@ice - so far as I'm aware there has not been one announced as of yet, most likely the next event will not be until the start of next year (if they have one)

(My logic: they'll wait for the next wave of power discs, which seem to be due out in november. Toys R Us doesn't usually run events between thanksgiving and christmas, they need all their staffed focused on helping the holiday shoppers - so earliest would probably be the saturday after christmas, but theres still usually a lot of work to be done, so sometime in January is my guess)

Don't forget to check over in the Power Disc Sell/Swap forums, theres a sub-forum for trading events. While it may not be at TRU, you may find (or try to set up) an event near you!

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:21 pm

^^^ There are rumors of an October 13th trade event where they will release #3 exclusive power disc.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby ntnon » Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:12 pm

I assume it could be store specific - our local store had three people turn up during the two hours... and the poor third person missed the first two and had no-one to swap with - based on desire, but I imagine there is a strong possibility of Swap Days the second weekend of October (TRU Exclusive Figures, possibly a new exclusive disc/packs) and the fourth weekend of November (new disc launch, presumably a new exclusive disc).

rank_500
ntnon

Postby Soubi » Tue Sep 17, 2013 8:45 pm

I'll have to see if i can remember how to check the system to see if theres an event scheduled (yet) .. or if I even have access to that information -- its entirely possible they'll just release the disc with no swapping

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity events