Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade event

Re: Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade eve

Postby PirateSteven » Sun Sep 08, 2013 2:58 am

For those of you that were unable to obtain a Tron Power Disc due to the way that a specific Toys R Us store handled the event, you may want to post about your experience on the Toys R Us Facebook page. Quite a few people are posting about good and bad experiences on their page, and it looks like the ones that are posting about the Tron Disc being out of stock are being responded to by Toys R Us to private message them for additional assistance. So (1) Maybe the Toys R Us Facebook Team is helping with tracking some discs down for those unhappy guests, (2) the stories will help Toys R Us improve the way that the stores handle future events.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Dr. Turtle » Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:32 am

So I went. Only 6 people there counting me.

rank_250
Dr. Turtle
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby Notorious » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:18 am

rank_100
Notorious

Postby Djali » Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:46 am

Our event was a huge success!

12 separate groups/families and probably 20-30 people during the hour we were at our local TRU. The bulk of the trading took place in like 20 minutes, after that everyone pretty much wandered over to the Infinity section, got in line, went to other departments with their kids, etc. The demographics at our store were overwhelmingly dads with their kids ages 4-10 and then a few adults there to complete their own collections.

Kosh and I brought 20 of our doubles to trade - not looking for anything specific, as we'd finished out collection, but just to help kids complete theirs. We traded 5 lenticulars, traded 15 more, and found that the most requested discs are Mickey's Jalopy, Stitch's Blaster, and Dumbo, and, surprisingly, Pieces of Eight! Which we had so many copies of at home, we figured no one would be looking for them! For the kids we mostly traded 1-1, for in-demand lenticulars at the event we did find traders willing to trade two discs for one lenticular (Mike's Car/Dumbo). To a couple kids who clearly had not bought a lot of packs to even have discs to trade with, we gave away a couple of the discs we were getting tons of.

By the end of the trading session we had 6 Fix-it-Felix, 5 Cinderella's Coach, 4 Canes, 3 Rapunzel textures, 2 Nemo textures, and a few others.

Our event allowed 1 pack per customer/family. Kosh got one and I got one, one packed with a circle and one packed with a hexagonal. Kosh overheard one of the TRU workers at another store earlier in the morning (trying to find a place to buy) say, "They have 170 in the warehouse, hopefully we'll get some." while talking about Disney Infinity discs. We're not sure if that means packs, TRU exclusive packs, or boxes of packs.

At the next trade event hopefully we can help more people complete their sets!

rank_50
Djali
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Soubi » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:06 pm

All in all it seemed like our event went pretty well. I want to say there were about 25 people total, but that number seems off because the tron discs disappeared fairly quickly (24 in stock, 1 per family). I went in thinking we were only missing 4 discs, and got those 4 by trading, but we were still missing Stitch's blaster >.<; However, (since I work there) I left my extra discs at the table and the employee running the event traded them with people who needed them (2 regs for a rare, it went from 6 discs to 4 while I was standing there, then back up not too long after lol). When I bought the tron disc, I got an extra pack also and put them on the table with the others so there was a variety. We actually started trading before the event ever started, and pretty much everyone left by 2:30, so I'm hoping leaving them helped straglers coming in since the event was supposed to last until 4? So, when I pick up my discs, never know, I just might have that missing blaster.

We had a couple people who literally gave away discs to those who needed them (a lady gave a mike's car to a kid who really wanted one) and in all, it seems like everyone was happy (and everyone that came to the event seemed to get a tron disc pack also)

rank_250
Soubi
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Martinator » Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:53 pm

I was a little disappointed in the event in Knoxville. I'd say about 15 people showed up and I traded with about 3 people, got all but Mike's car now. The TRU employees literally closed one event put up their stuff, took the table to electronics and popped it up and handed out the Tron Disc Packs out of the shipping envelope. I mean it served its purpose and we got what we came there for but, there was nothing special about it. I'm sure the people from DI would have expected more. And yes a lady gave me a handful of her duplicates so if I ran into someone who needed a disc that I had and didn't have anything I needed I just gave it to them. Not trying to be boastful, just paying it forward and thought if I mentioned it someone else will do the same. I still look forward to the next event and I'm sure it will be bigger and better as more people will have the game.

rank_50
Martinator
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Dim Halo » Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:41 pm

rank_0
Dim Halo

Postby Shaun2040 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:07 pm

I just wanted to comment that the event in Idaho where I attended went really well. I'm 31 and I brought my 4 year old and there was around 8-10 other families making trades. Everyone was extremely polite and willing to help each other complete their collections. There was this one dad with 3 kids that came up to where we had our discs laid out and asked us what we needed and just started giving us his duplicates! I told him I didn't want to just take his duplicates for nothing, so he told me to just give him whatever ones I didn't want. I was extremely impressed with his demeanor as well as all of the other families and it makes me look forward to future potential trading events.

rank_0
Shaun2040
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Rinzler » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:41 am

Will there be another event?

rank_0
Rinzler

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events