Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade event

Re: Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade eve

Postby GusGus » Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:34 pm

My store sold out in about 5 minutes tops. They didn't go on sale until noon along with the event and they were about 30 people there trading. All in all I had fun geeking out with other Infinity fans.

rank_50
GusGus
Main Console: PS3

Postby Jackpot » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:00 pm

Our store got 20 of the exclusive packs. There were only a few traders there, but I managed to trade off all of my doubles and get 2 of the exclusive packs. Overall, the event went well here.
Scarcity + Imagination + Misinformation = What is that?

rank_0
Jackpot

Postby kwongscu » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:02 pm

hi everyone! i live in hawaii and i am planning on going to the event with my 6 year old nephew in a couple of hours. I just have a couple questions for you all that went already. Should we go there right at 12pm in order to get a Tron Disc/exclusive pack? Or should I go earlier to wait in line?
kwongscu

Postby PirateSteven » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:05 pm

@kwongscu -- your store may vary from other forum member's store experiences, but if I were you, I would go to your store at least a half hour early.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Jackpot » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:06 pm

Scarcity + Imagination + Misinformation = What is that?

rank_0
Jackpot

Postby kwongscu » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:09 pm

Thank you so much @PirateSteven and @Jackpot for your quick responses! I'll be sure to get there early!
kwongscu

Postby neoz » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:11 pm

I got there 30 mins before the event and no one was there lol. I stayed for about an hour and it was dead. Oh well got my two packs and was happy. Oh and the free "bag"....I mean common.

rank_100
neoz
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby SlyCoug » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:19 pm

My store was crazy. I got there a half hour early and there were already about 5 people in line for power discs (which they weren't selling until the event at noon). By the time they brought the exclusive packs out, there were about 15 people in line waiting; they only allowed one per family on the discs, which is a bit unfortunate; either way, I was just happy to get the disc; I expect they sold out immediately.

In addition, they had coupons for everyone, so I got the TRU exclusive messenger bag as well as the power disc album for 40% off. Looks like it will be a bit of work to get the full set of power discs from TRU, but I'll get them one way or another.

rank_100
SlyCoug
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Mainiac » Sat Sep 07, 2013 7:27 pm

I managed to get two of the Tron packs when my store opened though it did take about 10 minutes for them to find the packs. They had 24 packs total. I also got the last disc I needed. We went back a little before noon for the trade event and they let us each buy one of the Tron packs. That worked out good as I needed three anyway as I'm also putting together sets for my cousin and a friend. I manged to trade a Dumbo and an Abu for the last four discs my cousin needed and then traded other duplicates for my friend and I only need five more for his set. Very productive overall. Had maybe 8 total individuals/families show up to trade.

There was a guy at my store that was looking for a Buzz and I still needed one for my friend's set, but I told him I'd defer trading for it until he got his. Another family that arrived later pounced on this kid that had a Buzz to trade. No one else showed up with a Buzz. The guy had to pick out a regular pack to go with his Tron pack for the 2 for $6 deal so I helped him look for a rare pack and found one and it turned out to be Buzz so he was happy.

rank_50
Mainiac
Main Console: PS4

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events