Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade event

Re: Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade eve

Postby Ignohippo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:46 pm

Nice story Maniac and good going. Hopefully good karma will come your way!

My biggest complaint (besides the Tron discs) is how poorly they were stocked for accessories. They had about 6 of the messenger bags, maybe 10 capsules and maybe 8 albums - and absolutely zero of the TRU exclusive ones. All were gone by about 12:20.

You'd think for an event like this, TRU would make sure they were better stocked. They've known about it since Infinity was launched! I understand it for the figures, but the accessories?! They probably could have sold 10x more if they were adaquately stocked.

rank_100
Ignohippo
Main Console: PS4

Postby Ajaxgorilla » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:54 pm

I went to the store in Santa Maria, CA - the crowd seemed light but they were sold out of the tron packs by the time I got there. Luckily I had ordered them on-line to pick up when I got there that afternoon. They said they were limiting the packs to one per person, but my order came through before they fixed that on the computer system so I got two, yay!.

They seemed to be sold out of all the accessories, but I was able to trade a few discs for some that I was wanting. It was fun and productive but wasn't very well organized at the store. Although every one trading was nice and helpful in working to get everyone the discs they needed. They traders were mostly adults when I was there, not many kids.

rank_0
Ajaxgorilla
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Metron4 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:58 pm

I went to the Northwest Albuquerque Toys R Us. I arrived fifteen minuted before noon. There were only about twelve adults, most with children. The saleswoman told me they only had NINE (9) exclusive disc packs to give out. So I was out of luck. But I did trade a regular disc to get another regular disc I wanted. I can't believe they only had nine packs though.

rank_0
Metron4
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Postby Jack Jack » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:15 pm

The Event at my TRU had about 20 people - mostly kids accompanied by their parents.
The TRU employ handed out one pack to everyone but said they only received about 28 pieces. Sounds like a common occurrence, which makes me wonder if more will be released soon?

What I found odd was TRU went to the trouble of getting people into the store for the event, provided a coupon sheet, disc checklist, plastic bag and yet their shelves weren't full at all - sold out of a lot of figures and some accessories. These weren't grabbed up by attendees. I was prepared to buy some stuff and yet there wasn't much stuff to buy. When marketing and logistics collide. Maybe next time.

rank_0
Jack Jack

Postby fitztwg » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:21 pm

Went to the Riverside, CA one. Got there 15 before the start and we we're No. 8 out of 15.

They had bags, but that's it. No coupons, but accepted them off people's phones. We had a blast. I remarked to my niece that it was the friendliest and most charitable group of people I've ever met. Adults with extras were just giving them to kids without them. No one pushed, no one was nasty.

We brought four in to trade and ended up with three new ones and a rare Dumbo. It's funny that we got like four Capt. Jack ones before and thought "Oh, everyone is going to have this one." Almost everyone needed that one.

The workers there were very nice and kept people organized and happy.

They should do this event again each time something new comes out.
fitztwg
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby yoshidrone100 » Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:26 pm

How my experience at Toys R Us went: I went there with my best friend, who is just getting into Infinity. Before doing anything, I helped a woman who was doing some Christmas shopping. I then proceeded to scratch the discs trying to find rares. I scratched a Toys R Us bag first to remember what a rare felt like. There must have been at least 10 I looked through before finding one I believed to be a rare. I then grabbed the last crystal Mcqueen and told my friend to get a triple pack instead of the 3 singles he was getting to save money. He got the sidekicks pack and 2 power discs. Someone asked me to trade and I traded my Tangled Sky for his Sugar Rush Texture. We couldn't wait so we opened our Power Disc packs in the store. I got Khan and Dumbo (yay my first rare!) in one pack, and the Tron Disk and Mickey's Car in the other. I already had 2 Mickey Cars before then, so I traded my friend for his new Wonderland Sky. He also got Carl's Cane, Stich's Blaster, and the Tron Disc. We went home after that. All in all, i was a pretty good day! :D
Aladdin of the Caribbean in Wonderland! Wait, what?

rank_50
yoshidrone100
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:00 pm

Went to my store in Van Nuys, CA. Was bummed because I went last week to ask what time they were going to sell the new exclusive discs and they said they would start during the event at 12PM. I was like cool, i will show up then. They had sold them at opening and they were all gone! :(

As far as the trading event, I encountered two different sets of parents with their children that wanted to trade. Thats it! No one else! I had lots of duplicates so I said, I wasn't looking for anything, I was just there to help their kids get anything they needed. The little guys were supper stoked! It made my day, especially after being bummed out about the Tron disc packs selling out before they said they would sell them.

If anyone needs any discs, let me know. I'm down to trade! I don't have any rares to trade though. I actually need a couple!
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe

USA TRU Trade Event and Tron User Disc

Postby Stork » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:17 pm

I was wondering how my experience today at the disc trade event compared to everyone elses.

I got to the store at 11:15 ish and ended up being third in line. By the time the event kicked off at 12:00 there were maybe 15 people in line. There were a total of 15 Tron disc packs available, so they were sold out after 2 or 3 minutes.

Is this typical or is my local store just undersupplied? They haven't had either of the TRU exclusives in stock since launch.

rank_0
Stork
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Shiftless Jungle Bum » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:33 pm

@sorcerer abe

The Burbank store had a bunch of adults (and some kids) that were trading. I went just to check it out and was really surprised by how many people were there. Now I'm curious if the Los Feliz store had even more as its the nicest TRU in about 50 miles...

rank_100
Shiftless Jungle Bum
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events