Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade event

Re: Toys R Us stores nationwide hosting Power Disc Trade eve

Postby INFINITY DAD » Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:47 pm

got there around 1:15 and there was 2 kids there. Store had a table with 2 boxes of gold packs and 4 of regulars right in front of cashier and gold pack limit was 2. kids had me laughing as they had piles of regular packs they were feeling to get good ones from the rack. as far as stock they had figures and such but no accessories. Even saw 8 crystals at checkout.....
Woody / Toy Story Playset
Jack Skellington

rank_50
INFINITY DAD
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Dim Halo » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:00 pm

Granted I only needed 3 more to complete the Series 1 set, the event went pretty well down here to the two stores I went to here in San Diego. A fair mix of kids, teens, young adults, parents and adults trading. I made a lot of trades just to make trades for people that needed certain power discs. I was more than happy to oblige and in turn they helped keep an eye out for other people that had what I needed. Kid even gave me a Bolt Strength Power Disc I needed without trading, even though I insisted he just choose at least anything from the pile I had available. No crazy parents either, lots of friendly people.

Good stuff, I hope TRU holds something like this when Series 2/Wave 2 Power Discs comes out.

As for the TRON packs, I was able to get the last one availble a little under 10 minutes into the event. It's crazy, the stores need to get more of these. I understand they're exclusives, but the stock is so scant. Were they afraid they weren't going to sell?

rank_0
Dim Halo
Main Console: PS3

Postby Sorcerer Abe » Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:27 pm

@shiftless jungle bum: Thanks for the heads up. Now I know for the next one. Did they sell out of Tron discs too?
Disney Infinity.....My Anti-Drug!

HAVE FUN X INFINITY

rank_100
Sorcerer Abe
Main Console: PS4

Postby Roybq » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:11 am

Went to 2 TRUs within 5 miles of each other today during this event. Both stores were out of Tron discs by the time I arrived, but fortunately I had preordered a couple this morning for store pick up. The first store that I went to had a small gathering of people around one table with many, many bags and the coupons and checklists. I made some decent trades for discs that I didn't have, so that was nice. They really needed an empty table though so people could do trades easier. Many of us were balancing our discs on shelves and the little bit of space left on the table. No one seemed to be in charge of running the event at the first store, and there wasn't really anyone around helping. Nobody really knew what to do and how to trade, so we just organized it ourselves. For an "event" it was not too exciting.

The 2nd store was set up better with more tables and an actual employee who was doing an awesome job answering all things Infinity and helping people with how to trade. I was able to get much closer to getting all discs with a couple of more trades.

The best part of both stores was the 40% off coupon. The coupon seemed specific to one item and only on items not on sale, but both places took 40% off of ALL of the Infinity things that I bought today. I got a number of packs for $1.80 each which was even better than the 2 for $6 they were running. I would've been more thrilled if almost every single pack didn't contain Carl's tennis ball cane. What are the odds of getting 8 out of 10 packs with the tennis ball cane? Fortunately the other discs in the packs held a few that I still didn't have, so that was helpful. I can't wait for the next trade event. I hope I run into a lot of people in need of the tennis ball cane disc.

rank_0
Roybq
XBL ID:

Postby kwongscu » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:18 am

Just came back from the event in Hawaii! My 6 year old nephew and I got there an hour early and I was surprised that there was already a line of over 10 people! Guess that's what happens when there is only one store on the island! There were only 20 Tron Discs available and it was one per family. We got one but it made me angry that some families in front of us lied and got two discs because parents said they didn't know each other and especially since there were at least 20 people in back of us. Overall though, a great event. I would say there were more adults there than kids. My nephew got the last one he needed to complete his set (King's Candy Wreck It Ralph Texture Set) through a trade we made in line and the 40% off accessories coupon was amazing. I bought my nephew one of those play set bags for $25 :)
kwongscu

Postby GambitAce » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:30 am

The Toys R Us event for us went rather well. I took my son who ended up being 1 of 2 kids there out of about 12 people total. They only gave out 1 pack of the gold packs to each family. We all crowded around one table, half covered with product, they had put out and started trading before they started anything. Since I had the whole collection I went in with my extras and traded so people could get some of the ones they were missing. Everyone was friendly and when they figured out I had a lot of knowledge about Infinity I had them all asking me questions, which was the same on realease day. lol After about 20 minutes most of the people had cleared out. So I left after 25 minutes.

rank_50
GambitAce
XBL ID:

Postby Puddin' » Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:57 am

Reading all these event stories is making my day great :D

Thanks for sharing!

Lenny
Puddin'

Postby Captain Jack » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:33 am

Went at 11:00am to get Tron disc since we couldn't make it to the event. My TRU put the 16 exclusive packs they got out at opening, and they were all bought by a few people before I got there. Supposedly, some people were going to come back to trade with them later, but I couldn't stay. Quite the change from only three of us being at launch and tons of stock being available.

rank_0
Captain Jack
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby superstickboy » Sun Sep 08, 2013 1:54 am

:D Went today with my 10 year old son. Got there 1/2 hour early. Both of us got a pack. Small turn out of about 6 families. We let the kids trade. Little disorganized but the guy in charge was helpful and trying his best to get everybody there taken care of. Some customer not part of the event, started yelling at the guy to open a register, he politly took care. We were ther until about 12:30 and completed our set other than mikes car. My son and I had a great morning driving to the store and hanging out until the event, made our trades and completed our set, overall a good day.
superstickboy
Main Console: PS3

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events