Postby Wreck-it-Ralph » Mon Sep 09, 2013 11:46 pm

^^^^^ well said

rank_50
Wreck-it-Ralph
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Re: Mixed feelings about the power disc trade at TRU

Postby mada632 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:17 pm

im in my early 30's and i went to the event with my cousin who is in his early 40's ( felt a little out of place but my daughter is still too young to play video games) i got 3 of the 4 discs i need, still need a dumbo, but once i was done i helped 3 kids with trades that of my extras to help them complete there sets. i didn't need what they traded me but they needed what i had so i was happy to help. if any adults were taking advantage of children in any way then shame on them.
mada632
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby blarwick » Tue Sep 10, 2013 3:58 pm

I went with my wife and twin 6yr old boys. They are young enough that I didn't really get them involved in the trading, choosing to do that myself. I was not in need of any rares and had a few extras, so ended up trading mine away for 2 common disks. I quickly picked up the 3 disks that I needed to complete my collection, then hung around for another half hour to help other families complete their collections, often trading the things they needed for things I didn't need. In my opinion, helping people complete their collections and creating a helpful community will help this game grow in popularity. People just out to make a buck are going to be the ones that discourage families away from the game.

rank_0
blarwick
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Kelleytoons » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:12 pm

Yes and let's be realistic here -- no one is going to make a fortune out of these disks even if they are *stealing* them out of the TRU they work at. Even stipulating there were adults there taking advantage of kids in order to make money selling disks on eBay they are hardly going to make more than a hundred or two (and given the price of both gas and someone's time, that works out to less than minimum wage). I would say the better attitude to take is to feel sorry for folks who feel they have to resort to such tactics and to be happy for the many people on this thread who have demonstrated that, all in all, most people are decent.

rank_250
Kelleytoons

Postby Notorious » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:14 pm

The issue isn't trading 10 commons for 1 rare. It's the fact that someone rudely interrupted a trade for their own benefit, instead of waiting their turn. It's gives her kid less of a chance to get rares. I've had this happen to me so many times while pin trading that cast members have just straight up given me pins because of it.

Regardless of how good or bad a trade is you let the two people finish negotiating before asking one of them to trade. Doing this to kids is even worse

rank_100
Notorious

Postby MonkeyCrumb » Tue Sep 10, 2013 4:58 pm

Mods, why do you feel the need to delete my post stating how Disney encourages this behavior to begin with? I thought this was a discussion board.
MonkeyCrumb

Postby AdumbInfinity » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:11 pm

I had a great time. I was offering many discs for rares. Even gave up 13 discs for a Tron. In California, its becoming cut throat. The only problem I encountered was that this lady was continuously harassing other trades. When kids were trying to trade between themselves, she interrupted with her stuff to trade. I only went to get a Tron.

What ticked me off was that, Tron was supposed to be sold during the trade event only. Afterward, it was all hands on deck. Every TRU out here put them out first thing in the morning. Now CL has people saying that they got 20 Trons for sale. TRU needs to stop this. Limit 2 packs per group, and not let someone buy 100 in one shot. Another note, during the trade event I was at, people were in line buying Tron discs that they put on hold over the phone before the stores opened up. This guy was trying to hustle everyone for a Dumbo and Mikes car for 1 of his Trons.

rank_0
AdumbInfinity

Postby Soubi » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:59 pm

that would be extremely irritating :/ Sounds like people having these problems need to talk to management at their local TRU to make sure it doesn't happen again. If the management won't do anything, you could always pass your thoughts even higher up. Many of us have TRU stores that restricted how many you got, mine saved the discs for the event itself (I don't know how many others did)

rank_250
Soubi
PSN ID:

Postby celticdragon59 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:11 am

I went to our local event. I'm 54. I couldn't take the grandkids as they don't know about me trying to get them a complete set of disks for their copy of DI. After making the trades I needed to try to get two complete sets, I hung around and traded to just help others try to get their set completed. I traded one for one. I ended up with multiple disks of ones that I don't need, but I know that the kids that traded with me were closer to completing their sets. All I'm down to needing are two of Mike's car and a Dumbo and Buzz Lightyear. I hope that TRU has another trade soon.
celticdragon59
XBL ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity events