Disney Infinity Day at GameStop (10/5)

Re: Disney Infinity Day at GameStop (10/5)

Postby Skellington0327 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:13 pm

Of course TRU would do this on the day I'm going to Disneyland.

This isn't a question of which movie made the most money. Although you have to remember there's only one NBC movie and there's three Toy Story movies and it's because of TS3, that toy story has made so much money. Most of the NBC fans I've met will pretty much buy anything NBC related, while a lot of the TS fans I've met will only buy TS merch they want. I am a huge NBC fan and I collect any and all things NBC, even if it's not something I'd usually get. If I didn't play DI, I would still buy this figure because I'm constantly looking at what new merch is coming out for NBC and I'm sure other fans do that as well.

I work at Disneyland and I see more NBC merchandise than I do Toy Story merch and that's because Disney knows the NBC fans will buy it all. NBC merch is geared towards all ages while Toy Story merch is mainly geared towards kids.

There's no denying that Toy Story is one of the most popular Pixar films and it probably has more fans than NBC, but NBC fans are hardcore and dedicated.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby PirateSteven » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:22 pm

^If it makes you feel any better, it is GameStop and not TRU doing this to you on the day that you are going to Disneyland. ;)

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:41 pm

Guys, lets stop with the whole 'NBC vs. TS' thing, It's just going off-topic. And lets face, we're just going to stick with which movie we like better. So lets just say that both Woody and Jack will sell well and both are popular movies.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ntnon » Sun Sep 29, 2013 1:21 am

Quite. I think some people are talking at crossed purposes anyway...!

The purpose of the question was to guess which (if either) would sell out first. And the answer is almost certainly: neither.

With the additional caveat that BOTH will be out EVERYWHERE before the end of the month. Get them where you can, when you can. :)

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby Skellington0327 » Sun Sep 29, 2013 4:34 pm

@priatesteven yeah I meant Gamestop, not sure why I put TRU.

I wish gamestop opened earlier so I could stop by there before heading to Disneyland, I really want that poster.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ntnon » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:12 pm

No swapping at our shop, but plenty of posters... Which glow in the dark!

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby Musicboy74 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:47 pm

Did anyone find out what "exclusive savings and giveaways" meant?
Want to join the Disney Infinity Fans Steam group? Click the globe icon!

Lotso
Musicboy74
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby eggwolio » Sat Oct 05, 2013 6:39 pm

rank_50
eggwolio

Postby beisbol » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:17 pm

Yeah, I went to my GameStop at around 3 and they were out of Jack's, but they gave me a free poster anyways. So I called up a nearby GameStop and they had one non-pre-ordered Jack, so I sped over there and picked him up. And by the way, there was no trading and the "exclusive" GameStop game guide is no different than the regular one other than the cover.
Amiibo hunter by day, Infinity mogul by night.

rank_100
beisbol
Location: In the Toy Box, cruising around my sweet custom race track in Mickey's Car. Or Boston.
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events