Disney Infinity Day at GameStop (10/5)

Re: Disney Infinity Day at GameStop

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:03 pm

Soubi you realize they they made 3 toy story movies and how much money each movie has made? I'm going on a limb here, but I think Toy Story may have a slight edge on Nightmare Before Christmas. Worldwide gross for toy story was 2 billion compared to 75 million NBC had. Chances are Woody will sell significantly more then Jack.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby jeffsgames » Sun Sep 22, 2013 1:49 pm

NBC has a huge cult following and probably will sell more. Go to Walmart or Target right now and you'll see full NBC product lines in all kinds of products such as housewares. Toy Story sells toys to kids. I love TS and I've never been a NBC fan but that property has some seriously dedicated fans. When Jack is released a specific market of adults will make an effort to go out and buy it. Toy Story will just be a normal Infinity sale.

rank_0
jeffsgames
XBL ID:

Postby Soubi » Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:52 pm

@Hiller - with your logic, its still mainly only Infinity players who will buy the figure, while with Jack most infinity players will get him, along with many who have no interest in the game, simply because they're NBC fans

And, while Disney Parks may not have huge sections for NBC, if you go out on a regular shopping spree, most super-stores are going to carry NBC merch, along with places like Hot Topic that cater to a more specific crowd - unless in the kids/toy section (yes I'm aware that TRU has an entire toy story section, our local one rarely seems to sell anything from it) you don't see much of Toy Story anywhere - its just kept to kids & Disney Parks

rank_250
Soubi
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby D-infinity13 » Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:38 pm

I agree with hiller87. Toy story is one of the most popular pixar brands while NBC is ok, but to some ppl just a popular stop-motion movie. And I rarely seen NBC items in targets or something, yet I ALWAYS see toy story things.
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby DavidGQ » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:27 pm

If you talk about collecting, not how much the movies gross, NBC has a HUGE fan base. They snatch up everything. My daughter collects Disney pins and NBC is one of the hottest. My money is on NBC sells far more for Infinity.

rank_0
DavidGQ

Postby D-infinity13 » Fri Sep 27, 2013 1:15 am

Ok guys, I searched some things and here are the ratings for NBC and Toy story (I only did toy story 1) :

NBC: 8.0
Toy Story: 8.3

So I guess that means Toy Story is more popular than NBC by three little points.
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Postby ntnon » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:09 am

It's not a question of popularity, it's a guess at collectibility... The suggestion is not that there are MORE fans of Nightmare; not that it is more popular, well-loved or better; not that there are more collectibles; not that there's even a bigger fanbase... Simply that The Average Fan for Nightmare will try and buy everything, regardless of interest in what the item they are buying is, and that The Average Fan for Toy Story, given it's wider reach and greater product base, can afford to be more discerning and less inclusive.

Disney Infinity fans will want both figures.
Toy Story fans will (probably) only want Woody if they are already DI fans.
Nightmare fans may well want Jack even if they are NOT DI fans.

I agree with that logic. The question is simply how many non-DI Skellington fans there are, whether they know about the figure, and whether - if there ARE a lot of them - they'll turn out in force. And also, whether the bigness of WalMart and it's larger throughput and traffic will compensate for all that and mean that they will sell whatever they have quicker anyway.

Pwrsonally, three weeks or so is a teasonable wait. So I Don't Care (much)!

rank_500
ntnon

Postby PirateSteven » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:05 am

Added the advertisement banner image for the Jack Skellington event at Gamestop to the 1st post of this thread.

1st 50 Disney Infinity purchases at GameStop on 10/5 will receive a free Disney Infinity Jack Skellington Poster.

rank_deputy_ftb_10_lenny
PirateSteven
PSN ID:

Re: Disney Infinity Day at GameStop (10/5)

Postby D-infinity13 » Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:06 pm

@pirate steven
Wow, the poster was MUCH different that I expected. I thought it would just be Jack in his regular DI posistion with a white background, kind of like his box.
-D-infinity13

rank_1500
D-infinity13
XBL ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events