Disney Infinity Day at GameStop (10/5)

Re: Disney Infinity Day at GameStop (10/5)

Postby crystal buzz » Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:29 pm

was the poster available in canada

rank_50
crystal buzz

Postby eggwolio » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:23 pm

rank_50
eggwolio

Postby INFINITY DAD » Sat Oct 05, 2013 10:50 pm

went around 1 with wife and kids in christmas tree store. they had 2 jacks and a game guide left of which i got them both. Poster is also suitable for framing which i thought was cool of disney to spend some coin.....
Woody / Toy Story Playset
Jack Skellington

rank_50
INFINITY DAD
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby ronniedobbs » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:16 am

Leave it to GameStop to encourage trading when they only got a few Jacks for preorders only. They turned away the poor little kid in front of me bc he didn't preorder, his grandmother couldn't understand the concept, and they both left angry. In other words, no one will be there to trade if there's nothing for them to come in for in the first place!

rank_100
ronniedobbs

Postby Jazz820 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:01 am

It was a great experience, I know a worker at my GameStop and he saved a poster for me and I got my Jack figure with no hassle. No power disc trading but over all they were well prepared and I'm very happy with how it all went, can't wait to try Jack tomorrow.

rank_1250
Jazz820
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby ImGonnaWreckIt » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:25 am

My gamestop only got in a total of 5. I was the only one there when they opened and obviously got the 1st one. The salesman was nice enough to give me a 2nd poster considering they received 50 posters and only 5 Jacks. All in all I am happy, but would have been disappointed if I was there to trade. I think Infinity is missing the mark right now when it comes to marketing these new releases. There is just so much confusion. Need to clean it up a bit.
Twitter - gvasenjr

rank_250
ImGonnaWreckIt
Main Console: PS4

Postby ntnon » Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:46 pm

I agree.

My suspicion is that Disney is being hands-off and letting the individual shops market their own exclusives how they like. And some of them are presumably putting in the effort, but most seem not to be. At least Gamestop and Toys 'r' Us have had signs and separate standees advertising exclusives -- sometimes. Most of the Toys 'r' Us exclusives are now buried amidst the regular items. Which makes some sense, but doesn't really encourage people to seek them out.

However, as the whole concept of exclusivity is aimed at collectors, while Infinity is aimed at children, it makes sense. The collectors can and do seek out what's where (assuming the stores are willing to make it known), while the children won't really care much. The only real 'problem' then, is including mention of exclusive items (which Jack is not) in the "main" items - which basically means the TRU Power Disc Album. Otherwise, "normal" people can just get whatever they want when they want. I imagine the "REAL" release of Woody and Jack will be better marketed, because it will be centralised.

rank_500
ntnon
Main Console: PS3

Postby INFINITY DAD » Sun Oct 06, 2013 5:17 pm

i didnt know you had to pre order jack to get one? girl behind counter gave it up no problem.....
Woody / Toy Story Playset
Jack Skellington

rank_50
INFINITY DAD
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Soubi » Mon Oct 14, 2013 4:35 pm

you didn't have to pre-order jack, the issue was which game stops got extra's

The game stop we went to had plenty of Jack's, though we ended up pre-ordering the exclusive with the case instead of getting the regular, so we won't get him til later this week, got the guide for $10 (the exclusive one), but apparently you didn't have to buy anything else to get that, it was ringing up at that price on its own. We also ended up getting 2 posteres! Though to be fair, our game stop was DEAD when we went in

rank_250
Soubi
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events