Disney Infinity Downtown Disney Demos!

Re: Disney Infinity Downtown Disney Demos!

Postby thedisneyfanatic22 » Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:01 pm

My mom will be near Anaheim during the release, and August 16. So, if they did a demo and early buying opportunity at Disneyland, I could possibly get my hands on one.
A business is like a giant clock
All Things Disney YouTube Chanmel

Lotso
thedisneyfanatic22
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Lumby » Mon Jun 24, 2013 12:02 pm

Went to downtown Disney yesterday. I came across a couple of online advertisements saying (just like in this thread) that there was a WiiU demo with Disney Infinity being showcased. I heard the reports here that Infinity wasnt present but we had nothing better to do so we decided to drop in.

We found the WiiU living room tents and pulled a bubbly demo worker aside to ask if Infinity was being demo'd and she said sadly no. She confirmed some things speculated in this thread. She said they originally intended to showcase it but then it got pulled so that E3 would happen before play demo's at Disney World. She did say that the WiiU demo was traveling around the country and that Infinity would be showcased at all future demo locations. So if the WiiU demo is coming to your area you should be able to play infinity.
Lumby
Main Console: PS3

Postby Mr Penguin Knight » Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Just thought I'd post my thoughts here as this is still quite active.

I am very appreciative of the toy that was sent to me and this post is not trying to degrade that at all, but merely stating fact. I apologise if I offend.

Anyway I have to tell you guys that the cards that come with the figures aren't up to the same quality as the figures themselves. They are very thin and bendy. I had hoped that they would be as sturdy as the Skylanders cards and yet I am disappointed. They will definitely have to go in a binder ASAP. The cards, in my eyes, devalue the figure somewhat.

Anyone else with a figure got any thoughts on this?
MPK for short.

UK Retail Releases: 2.0 Edition, 3.0 Edition

rank_deputy_lenny
Mr Penguin Knight
Main Console: Wii U

Postby Dupree721 » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:07 pm

^ For me whenever I get figures like this (Infinity/Skylanders) I typically throw the cards out. I think it's nice they include them for additional online content, but I never use them. As long as the figure I receive has good paint and molding, I am more than satisfied
Dupree721
Main Console: PS3

Postby mdewater » Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:37 pm

I definitely agree that the cards are extremely flimsy - but I guess I don't get how that devalues the figure itself? To me the card is just a little extra bonus, not meant to actually be a part of the product itself. I think the code is the priority here, not the collectibility of the cards. Almost like an insert you get with a DVD. I think most people will enter the code and then throw the card out. I don't have any idea what Skylanders cards are like, but I assume they're more like actual trading cards? If so that would certainly be nice, but I don't think not having them dampens my excitement about how great the figures are.

rank_100
mdewater

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity events