E3 2014 Expectations

Re: E3 2014 Expectations

Postby TheMinion9 » Fri May 02, 2014 3:35 pm

I'm gonna guess Guardians of the Galaxy Playset along with Gravity Falls Playset and more Disney Character announcements. :D
Yellowjacket for MARVEL BATTLEGROUNDS!!

rank_500
TheMinion9
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Fri May 02, 2014 4:45 pm

With the inclusion of the GotG prison as the dungeon crawler disc, I'm even more doubtful of an actual GotG playset coming.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Blues » Fri May 02, 2014 4:48 pm

^That's a pretty good point, unfortunately. Still, even if we don't get a playset, hopefully we get a couple figures. Then someone can build a playset in the Toy Box.

Anyway, along with Robin Hood and Stitch, I would love to see Treasure Planet get some love. Cyborg Long John Silver would be awesome.
Look at ye! Glowing like a solar fire. Yer gonna rattle the stars, Jimbo.

rank_250
Blues
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby ShakaDaSky » Fri May 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Wouldn't it be cool if they announce something like 10 players can party up at the same time? Cross-platform or console? And of course, an X-Men play set (Danger Room) and figures (Wolverine, Cyclops and Jubilee)!
I sense a disturbance in the Force ... false alarm, just the Big Mac I ate

rank_100
ShakaDaSky
NN ID:

Postby Doc Jump » Fri May 02, 2014 4:55 pm

I think GOTG Prison was a theme for the dungeon crawler template. Like you can choose multiple themes.

rank_750
Doc Jump
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Fri May 02, 2014 5:03 pm

I haven't been able to get a good look at the disc, but it looks like Ronan the Accuser with a space scene behind him. The tower defense disc is clearly Thor with Asgard behind him.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby OffBrandCereal » Fri May 02, 2014 9:30 pm

Ok so we know from the past that around launch there were 5 playsets available. So far we know of 1 with 5 months left (assuming a September Release).

We also know from speculation that the number will range from 12-20 for marvel, of which we know of 6.

I think the ones that will be announced at E3 will be as follows:

1. Nick Fury- We have seen him multiple times in trailers, riding motorcycles and standing amongst the other playables. Also, judging by his prevalence in all the marvel movies, he is the next logical step.

2. Falcon- He is the only character from Avengers Assemble that has not been included yet. His abilities are included on a power disc, which might make him not playable, however, I still think he is a likely step forward towards completing the team. This is especially likely because of his popular appearance in Winter Soldier. In fact, my own personal opinion is that there will be a Captain America Playset (call me crazy), which will include Captain America and either Nick Fury or Falcon. They keep implying that there will be cross overs in playsets, and it seems likely that there will probably be 3 marvel playsets. I know that seems like a lot, but if you think about it, this is called Disney Infinity 2 "Marvel Super Heroes". And with 20 characters, it seems unlikely that there would be only 1 playset for 20 characters. This might also tell why Cap was not included in the starter playset.

3. Guardians of the Galaxy (Drax, Gamora, Starlord, Groot, Rocket)- Whether or not we get a playset for them, I think there will be figures for all 5. Disney has done everything to bring these characters into the mainstream (including them in Avengers Assemble, Lego Marvel Heroes, lots of merch at the Toy Fair etc), and with the diverse look and powers of all the characters, they are ideal for unique figurines. As far as the whole, single figure vs paired figure debate about Groot and Rocket, I am gonna agree with CueLannoo, and say that Groot and Rocket will be their own figures. Rocket will be the one marketed most heavily to kids, and bundling him together on one figure would be a huge marketing blunder in my opinion. There was also a polygon article that Blues was kind enough to post on here ( http://www.polygon.com/2014/4/30/566980 ... e-avengers ) which implies that there will be characters that "we aren't as familiar with" which definitely alludes to these characters I believe. Especially with the rumors of these guys being included with the Avengers in Avengers 3.

4. Deadpool- It has been mentioned multiple times on here (and I couldn't agree more) that Deadpool is a moneymaker. He is one of the most heavily supported character lately. He was one of the premiere characters for Lego Marvel heroes, he had his own video game, he has been featured on shows like Ultimate Spiderman (proving that he can be kid friendly). Disney knows that this character will please both young and old fans, and they would not pass up that opportunity. I also agree that he would be absolutely hilarious in the game.

5. Last but not least: Spider-man. I believe he will be the final announcement at E3. People think "Marvel" and that immediately brings up the idea for Spiderman for most people. I believe he will be announced at E3 if not earlier to build hype for the game.

As far as Disney characters go, I'm sure one or two will be announced (probably Merida, Stitch, or Maleficient) to please the crowds and to remind people that this is indeed a Disney game after all.

TL;DR

I think Nick Fury, Falcon, GOTG, Deadpool and Spiderman will be announced for reason.
Bringing Disney Afternoon to Infinity, one post at a time.

rank_50
OffBrandCereal
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby KillingRaptor » Fri May 02, 2014 9:35 pm

^ I could totally live with that list! I agree with all of the above, and I hope we will see them all.

The one thing I keep wondering about the Marvel inclusion is if we will ever see some X-Men characters.
"Rob? Tsk tsk tsk. That's a naughty word. We never rob. We just sort of borrow a bit from those who can afford it." - Robin Hood

My Videogame Collection

rank_1000
KillingRaptor
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Blues » Fri May 02, 2014 9:36 pm

@OffBrand I can't take too much credit for the article. Someone else posted it in the Live Event Topic thread, I believe. Anyway, I agree with you about all that, though I do hope there are more Disney characters revealed than just two or three... Yet I do have to wonder about a Captain America playset. It seems like it might just take up too much and be too redundant.
Look at ye! Glowing like a solar fire. Yer gonna rattle the stars, Jimbo.

rank_250
Blues
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events