rank_250
zaganh
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Re: Disney Infinity Tour

Postby Dr. Turtle » Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:43 am

Does anyone have the time for the Revere one?

rank_250
Dr. Turtle
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby Wayworn » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:09 am

Dr. Turtle the tour at Revere Beach start at 10:00 a.m. and goes to 12:00 p.m. for D23 Members (exclusive access). After noon the event is open to the public.

https://d23.com/d23-events/disney-infin ... -fun-tour/

I had hoped to go, but it's looking like it probably won't happen. I hope you will share your experience with everyone.

rank_100
Wayworn
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Dr. Turtle » Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:14 am

Thanks Wayworn ;)

rank_250
Dr. Turtle
XBL ID:

Postby fdanielix » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:40 am

can't wait to go to "Richmond" it will be a 2 hour trip but its worth it, i hope i get at least 1 free figure :D
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby rspezzano » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:27 pm

The Ricmond Va one was corrected to Manassas Va.
Robert
robert@alwaysdisney.com

rank_0
rspezzano

Postby D-infinity13 » Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:18 pm

I'm a bit confused. I thought prince William county was Manassas VA, not Ricmind VA. Can anyone explain this, and if they did change it, when did they announce they changed it? :?:
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

Disney Infinity Tour Report

Postby rspezzano » Sun Aug 11, 2013 2:32 am

My family and I were able to check out the Disney Infinity tour today and it was wonderful! They finished unloading and had everything set up at noon, and allowed D23 members in 1st.
[url]http://www.alwaysdisney.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/IMG_1069.jpg]link to image[/url]
The main coordinator was Zack and he was ready and able to answer all questions…….unless it had something to do with future releases and rumors. He was unable to share any of that information until after the D23 expo announcements tomorrow. He did say that there was going to be a LOT of information in that 1 1/2 hour event Sunday afternoon, so keep your browsers open and ready to see what they post afterwards at the D23 website.
On with the report. They had all of the different games up and running on all of the systems
link to image
and my son ran right to the Xbox 360 set up for the Lone Ranger play set.
link to image
As the castmember Sam started to tell him about the game, he had the controller down and the Lone Ranger running all over the screen. It was easy for him to control the character, movement was smooth, and switching from weapons to no weapons was a breeze. He was able to explore all over the western town and the nearby areas, finding more and more to do. This playset will really keep any Disney gamer entertained for hours on end. He enjoyed how simple it was to change from the Lone Ranger character to Tonto by just switching the figures, losing nothing in game play, no switching screens to take away from the graphics.
He then went on to play Pirates of the Caribbean, Cars, Incredibles and Monster University. Each game was unique in its play style, and each game kept him entertained.
My wife and I were also able to test the games, and I am very glad to say Disney has come out with a game that a family can enjoy together. The game is challenging enough for adults, and just plain fun
for kids.
One of the things I wanted to test in the Lone Ranger game was its use of angles for the “bullets” when they ricochet off of an object. I was worried that the ricochet angle would be the same no matter where you hit a certain object from (say a coffee pot) and I was pleased to see that was not the case. The mathematics take into account where you are standing and work that into the equation. I took 3 shots at a hanging pan, each just moving my character an inch or so between shots, and each shot created a different ricochet effect.
Each gaming system was housed inside a case, with a display cabinet on top, showing off some of the figures and power discs.
link to image
They did verify that you can place up to 3 hexagon discs for the environment, and 2 round discs for the character. They also verified that even if you have separate accounts set up on your gaming system, the characters data is stored with the character. In other words dads, you and your son will need different figures (2 lone rangers, etc.) if you want to play your own games. Well played Disney marketing, well played…..
Then it was off to talk to Greg at the Toybox demo area. The videos we have seen do not do it justice. Disney fans, prepare to open up your imaginations and just play! There is so much to do, and the little extras that they add to some of the items will keep you busy in creating worlds. For example, the Scrooge McDuck money bin, has gold coins flowing out the front door, so you can not enter it. At least, not that way. There is a button next to the door you can press, which opens the red top of the money bin. Your character can then go in and run around Scrooges money.
We have seen the training video involving the Cave of Wonders from Aladdin, and the treasure room it has. Closer to the entrance is a quick escape area via rope to the top of the cave.
I was hoping that the Monstro the Whale piece from Disneylands Storybookland Canal Boat Ride would have had something extra, but he is just a tunnel to be used in the game.
Greg also informed me that there is a huge Phineas and Ferb water slide that the characters can ride through, and the same with the Matterhorn. The Matterhorn will not be by bobsled, but probably by rail. I can not wait to check out the 1200+ items you can build with, and that is before the things you can find through the playsets.
For the completionist (is that a real word?) gamer, Zack stated there would be a book out that listed all of the items you could find in each playset that would then be usable in the toybox. I asked him of it was the book “Disney Infinity: Infinite Possibilities” (which was pushed to Oct.), but he was not certain if that was it. Another Disney Infinity book coming out perhaps?
The castmembers were all Disney friendly, did not rush anyone through the games, and answered all questions (that they were allowed to).
They were unable to verify that the Toys R Us exclusive discs would be available in future waves, but most people seem to assume they will be. They also verified that the Phineas and Perry figures (seen at SDCC) would be playable, but could not say anything else, until after the D23 announcement.
And they were also generous in saying thank you for showing up.
link to image
You were given a bag with the logo, a t shirt (you pick the size), fan and button.
Radio Disney was also there,
link to image
playing music, talking with people, and keeping an upbeat attitude on a cloudy day.
I think Disney has done a great job promoting this game, and I can not wait for the release.

Robert
robert@alwaysdisney.com

rank_0
rspezzano

Postby D-infinity13 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 3:34 am

I just went to the infinity tour in virginia, it was awesome!
-D-infinity13
Proud Xbox 360 DI owner. DISNEY INFINITY FTW!

rank_1500
D-infinity13
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:
NN ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events