D23 Disney Infinity Exclusive Giveaway

Re: D23 Disney Infinity Exclusive Giveaway

Postby CueLannoo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:40 pm

OK. I have been thinking... Which may get me hurt one day but that is another story!

So the D23 website states "Disney Infinity will pull out all the stops with several surprises fans won’t want to miss, including un-announced character reveals, brand new game features and an exclusive giveaway of a never-before-seen Disney Infinity figure for every fan in the audience!"

I am assuming the reveal will be the Toy Story Playset and maybe Wreck it Ralph figures... And I am torn on the giveaway. I will guess either the rumored Sorcerer Mickey or one of the announced figures. I honestly cannot see them giving a true Exclusive at D23, not even a variant. I hope they give the Sorcerer Mickey (It would be appropriate) but I have a feeling it will be something else.

I am not getting my hopes too high because Disney has disappointed before. But with the past 2 expos getting a ton of criticism Disney needs to and has been pulling out all of the stops to make this one extremely successful.
“Laughter is America’s most important export.” -Walt Disney

rank_500
CueLannoo
Main Console: PS4
XBL ID:

Postby InfiniteRightEar » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:23 pm

Actually the only major compliants from the last expo was the lines and the limited accessibility to the presentations (a lot of people went in without any knowledge of how to do the expo). As for the giveaway I do see it being an Exclusive since there are tons of exclusive stuff being given away and sold at the expo (they've even given away free stays at Aulauni, the Disney Dream, and the Disney Dream Suite in Disneyland). Also the arena, for any one who hasn't been, is humongous (it seats 1000's of people and that's only half of the arena). The only case I see it not being an exclusive is if it's Sorcerer Mickey, which I don't see coming as he is the one to introduce the toy box mode and is most likely part of the announcements (along with the other STANDALONE figures like Rapunzel, Wreck-it Ralph, and Vanellope). Not to dismiss the idea of a Toy Story playset, just that it will most likely come out sometime after launch.
To Infinity and Beyond!

My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/ThomasTheImagineer

rank_100_ftb
InfiniteRightEar
Main Console: Xbox 360

Postby SandyClaws » Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:30 pm

^If it is an exclusive, I see it being a timed exclusive. Even though it's been publicly promoted for a while, I don't see this being something Disney would want to exclude their Infinity fans from. With Infinity being new initiative which has steam, but also needs to build more, I think they would want to have ample opportunity for people to partake and become involved. The "exclusive" part, mentioned in another post, could simply be free, not necessarily "special".
Please subscribe to us on iTunes or Stitcher Radio, and Youtube

Disney Infinity TV

Chatter
SandyClaws

Postby CueLannoo » Sun Jul 28, 2013 5:55 pm

I still don't see it being a true exclusive but I am second guessing myself because they do have true exclusives in the world of Vinylmation. I think Infinity needs the Red Balloon chaser that Vinylmation has. We need our holy grail to make people really want these figures. I don't like the idea of extremely rare and hard to find figures but that is the world of collectibles. As for the Expo's issues (Lines and seating) do you not think that will be an issue for this event? They advertised a freebie!!! Disney gives freebies all the time but they never blatantly say "Hey! We have swag for you! Come and get it!"

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

Postby Modeltrainman » Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:56 pm

Hopefully I don't sound selfish, rude, or entitled, but I wish somebody here could help me get one somehow... I just hope it's not super exclusive, like the only time they ever do Pumbaa...
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Fix-It Felix » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:30 pm

I will be very frustrated if its a really popular character that is exclusive. As a lot of people would.
Wont be on the Forums until I get Infinity on the 23rd
Hope you guys enjoy it!

Lotso
Fix-It Felix

Postby Nibelilt » Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:46 pm

I am just guessing it is Sorceror Mickey. Anything else would be kind of "off"- since they have him plastered all over the D23 promos. I only hope he is not completely exclusive because he's the character I want most besides Ralph and Vanellope. I would be down for it if it were just an exclusive variant of him- I'm planning to collect all of the variants so it would be a pain and expensive to get it in that case, but I can live with it. I think we all have the right to start a mob if this is a 100% exclusive character that never gets released another way :P
- STEEL YOUR BUTT -

Left DIF: bluntly, non-Infinity topics feel soulless

rank_1250
Nibelilt
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby Dr. Turtle » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Since Infinity's forwards compatible, they could, though I hope I'm wrong, release a character that gets released to everyone for Infinity 2. :|

rank_250
Dr. Turtle
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:

Postby CueLannoo » Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:51 pm

I think that is really far fetched because I don't think they are 100% certain what playsets will be in 2. Let alone produced 4,000 working characters for it.

rank_500
CueLannoo
XBL ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity events