The Disneyland Project

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

The Disneyland Project

Postby CJ1045 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 8:06 am

Sounds pretty cool

How amazing would it be to completely recreate Disneyland in the 2.0 Toy Box? To make this dream a reality, we're going to need everybody's help!

Here's the plan: The Toy Box Mentors are hard at work building each of the lands in Disneyland. And every month, we're going to call on you, the community, to put on your Imagineering hard hats and create the ride attractions. The very best Toy Box submission for each attraction will be linked to the main Disneyland Toy Box.

Fantasyland is up first! So if you're up for the challenge, build one of the following attractions as a Toy Box and submit it to Disney by March 4th:

1. Mr. Toad's Wild Ride

2. Peter Pan's Flight

3. Pinocchio's Daring Journey

4. It's A Small World

5. Snow White's Scary Adventures

6. Matterhorn Bobsleds

Before you start, there are just a few more guidelines to keep in mind:

Your Toy Box attraction needs to be one Toy Box, not multiple Toy Boxes linked together. This way it can be linked to the Mentors' main Disneyland Toy Boxes.

You don't need to build the entrance. The Toy Boxes that the Mentors are building include the outside of the Disneyland attractions with a door that will link to the Toy Box you create.

Building a Toy Box together with other members of the community is encouraged! Just be sure to give your co-creators credit in your description.

If you've already created one of the Disneyland attractions for a past challenge, you may want to go back, spend some time improving it, and resubmit it.

- Disney Infinity Team

rank_100
CJ1045
Main Console: Wii U

Re: The Disneyland Project

Postby Modeltrainman » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:31 pm

Participating!
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Vasuri83 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:33 pm

^us too! Gotta finish our Aladdin one first, though.
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:41 pm

I just have to find schematics on these rides...I have never been on these rides. I'll definitely try my best to make one. I don't have the Small World terrain disc so I do know I won't be trying that.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Watusimanu » Sat Feb 07, 2015 6:43 pm

Yes! Totally participating! Just hope I can fix my Xbox Live problem in time. I've attempted this on my own a while back and I just couldn't pull it off. This is perfect!
I'm 12 yrs old and happy to be working with you guys!

rank_500_ftb
Watusimanu
XBL ID:

Postby Infinity Guru » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:27 pm

I've never been to Disneyland, but I've been to Disney World many times. Therefore I'll need to watch some POV videos on Youtube... But since I have both of the small world textures, I'll definitely be building a small world toy box! I have been wanting to make a recreation of it for a while now, and now I have a reason to!
What would make it more effective, though? More like a race (race track and vehicles), or like a ride through (Weather vanes and/or conveyer belts)?

small world in Disneyland starts from the outside, doesn't it? Does that mean we should only do it from where it starts IN the ride itself?
8 Featured Toy Boxes. Toy Box Summit 2015 Attendee.

rank_250_ftb
Infinity Guru
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Watusimanu » Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:25 am

Yes, just do the interior of the attraction. I'm sure they will recreate the exterior marvelously. I would do a weather vane/conveyor belt for small world. It's a peaceful ride that requires lots of colorful blocks and detail that shouldn't be rushed. Plus, they're looking for recreations, not adaptations based on the attraction. This is just my opinion however. Good Luck!

I'll try my hand at Peter Pan and Matterhorn. They are the best fantasyland rides (and alice in wonderland)!
I'm 12 yrs old and happy to be working with you guys!

rank_500_ftb
Watusimanu
XBL ID:

Postby GermanBoldItalic » Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:45 pm

I've been working on my own version of this in my own personal Disneyland toy box but I am incredibly excited to see what gets submitted. I haven't decided whether or not to participate, but I am very very excited to play these toy boxes.

Will the best of each ride toy boxes be the ones selected to be linked to in the Disneyland Project? If each toy box only links to 10 toy boxes will will be getting a map that is just Fantasyland which would also link to other lands? I just don't quite see how they could do all of Disneyland otherwise.

rank_250
GermanBoldItalic
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby fdanielix » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:26 am

I will support this project as much as I can!
20 Featured
Toy Boxes:

Caleb Dume: Face The Past
Curse Lift-Off

rank_1500_ftb_10
fdanielix
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Next

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations