What do you want to see from the community toyboxes?

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: What do you want to see from the community toyboxes?

Postby CCRunner524 » Fri Apr 17, 2015 8:44 pm

@Mg I apologize. I did not mean to offend. I think i was trying to highlight it to get more people to try the method out. I am just sooo tired of Orbs and Cakes.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: What do you want to see from the community toyboxes?

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Apr 17, 2015 9:01 pm

We appreciate all the tips and tricks, I'm going to make a thread for tips from you guys, called 2.0 how did they do that (if you want feel free to post how you did it and mg your moving baymax as well)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

What do you look for in a toybox?

Postby Jack Frost » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:15 pm

This question isn't necessarily what features you think a toybox has to have in order to win one of the contests, but rather, what you think makes a toybox fun and enjoyable. Does it have to be multiplayer (2 or 2+?)? Do you prefer combat oriented toyboxes? Boxes that focus on exploration and collecting items? Do you want story oriented toyboxes? Obstacle courses? Player VS player? When you download a new toybox or start to build a new one, what features are you hoping it has or are aspiring to create?

For myself, I prefer combat oriented toyboxes. If there aren't enemies, I'm likely to get bored LOL. I also prefer boxes to be PvP or non-PvP but still multiplayer. I have siblings who play DI as well and it's hard to build a centrally themed toybox with multiple people so the best way for us to play together is in multiplayer toyboxes. I also really like a toybox that feels like its own unique world rather than just a game. I don't think I'm very good at creating those kinds of boxes as they seem to require a designer's touch that I don't seem to have, or at least not in great quantities. I'm open to anything, but I've found myself replaying the types of boxes that either: have great combat against enemies, an ornately built world, or an intense PvP challenge.

rank_100_ftb
Jack Frost

Re: What do you look for in a toybox?

Postby Goofyboy » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:54 pm

My kind of Toy Box is what the Takeover offers. Exploration, hidden treasures and fighting. That's the type of game I like, and its also what my gf likes... so 2-player is also a must. Platforming can also be fun if done right, but I feel like it's frustrating most of the time in DI because of the annoying automatic camera movements.

I'm sure that some sidescrolling toy boxes will popup and will be amazing. We can build our own Mario Bros type games now! :) I definitely have to play around with that, but I lack the time and imagination to build it properly. :(

rank_250
Goofyboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby ScroogeMcDuck » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:15 pm

I prefer exploration, collecting, and platforming. Combat is fine in small doses.

Regardless of what kind of toy box it is, I appreciate it when the creator recognizes the limitations of the toy boxes. The platforming, for example, has to be done extremely carefully and just trying to copy a Mario Galaxy type game will often lead to disaster because the different camera and controls need to be taken into account and few people seem to do that.

rank_0
ScroogeMcDuck

Postby Elmo STM » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:58 pm

Something with a leaderboard where you need to find Collectibles

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mkruzer » Thu Sep 10, 2015 11:51 pm

What would be really great in a toybox (but is very rare) is replay-ability. I always end up deleting them after I play them, which is fine, but it would be cool to have some sort of gameplay that you would want to go back to more than once.

rank_100
Mkruzer
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Sep 11, 2015 3:55 am

@mkruzer there's very few I replay either but one I did a lot was mightygitis archery challenge, great box and fun to replay. Another that comes to mind is bippidy boppedy do by ccrunner

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Guinydyl » Fri Sep 11, 2015 4:09 pm

Exploration, walkthroughs, little bit of combat here and there, and collecting
3.0 is awesome!!

rank_250
Guinydyl