Disneyland Fun! Apology

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Disneyland Fun! Apology

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 7:57 pm

I guess I'm gonna be that guy.

I don't think it's acceptable at all. It wasn't a mistake. It was outright planned theft. You took their box and changed it hoping no one would notice. You got caught and now are coming forward before someone else says something first. That isn't owning up because of guilt or shame in my book. There was no guilt or shame when you gladly accepted the Top 5 win. No guilt or shame preventing you from creating multiple boxes since INCLUDING another Peter Pan's Flight for the Disneyland Project. That's just thinking you got away with it and staying quiet.

As a writer in my spare time, I can never look past plagiarism of any kind. I think that "win" should be removed from the Toy Box Artist Leaderboard on here, or at the very least asterisked like some sports stats.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Watusimanu » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:05 pm

I'm glad you are apologizing for this, but Romulus is kinda right. Well I don't think you should stop building, the only thing that accomplishes is I'll finally place my toy box. And I'm sorry if I'm rude or putting you down, but I noticed more plagarism than just Peter Pan. Big Thunder was stolen from the toy box mentors, and the main hub box was stolen. Once again, I'm sorry if I'm rude, but I think you should apologize for more than just Peter. I only played BTMR so I don't know if there is anything else. This is just my humble opinion, please don't take it personally.
I'm 12 yrs old and happy to be working with you guys!

rank_500_ftb
Watusimanu
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:21 pm

Imagineer03 did not Play Nice! it is my personal opinion that forgiveness is an indication that an action is acceptable. this action was planned and is not acceptable.

a link to this topic and a statement has been added to our Disney Infinity Fans Hall of Heroes, Toy Box Artist Stats

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:24 pm

I'm surprised erdadi83 hasn't posted on this topic yet. I forgive you even though that doesn't mean much. Romulus, that is kind of harsh, he on,y copied and edited a box that is a small part of his toy box he probably could have won without that box tbh! It was really good but erdadi should at least have got some credit for the box. :)

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:33 pm

unless a toy box is a collaboration and indicated as such ALL content should be the original work of the toy box artist that is submitting a toy box. using the work of another toy box artist without their agreement or credit is laziness or worse.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby digeek1955 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:42 pm

Yes it i best to ask others to borro their toybox nd if they do let you borrow it...say in the description..."I hve also borrowed and asked for permission to use such and such toy boxes from erdadi to ride in my box" So the credit goes to him a well.
I have a dream. I hope it will come true. -Lava

rank_1250
digeek1955
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Vasuri83 » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:51 pm

I have to agree with Romulus. And thank you for saying what I wanted you say, but was afraid to. I don't think it's too harsh at all.
Thank you for coming forward, but truth be told, it shouldn't have gotten this far. You could have come forward a lot sooner.
35 Featured Toy Boxes
Most Recent: "Pod Prowling"

rank_250_ftb_10
Vasuri83
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:54 pm

If it was my toy box you submitted I'd be super annoyed (not that it would ever happen anyway). It does take a lot to own up to doing what you did but agree wholeheartedly with Romulus as well as my earlier post

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:55 pm

this topic is now locked.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID: