Late submissions

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Late submissions

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:33 pm

@thebaroness89

I'm aware of one instance where someone definitely submitted after the deadline and still went on to place in the Top 5. There could be more.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Late submissions

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:33 pm

I have seen some repeat offenders with submitting late and resubmitting. I'm not gonna call names and I'm not gonna spin examples because it's not important. You're fortunate if you haven't noticed it I guess. But this is a valid complaint and a valid issue.

Fortunately with some pushing I believe they have rectified my main complaint about resubmits which was they would stick to the top of the board while other uploads came in BELOW them for days. This was basically giving incentive to find a reason to resubmit after deadline for a greater placement advantage going into the weekend. I'm not saying anyone did that on purpose but I do know at one point there were people contemplating doing so.

I'm not in any manner suggesting they outlaw our ability to repair issues in boxes caused by upload problems. But I am saying as its a competition they probably need to have set guidelines in place for when and how this should work.

Perhaps you have X amount of time after it appears on Disney's server to make a repair and reupload it. Something.

Because the bottom line is it is a competition and competitions are structured and have rules. I've seen people upload initially hours after deadline and make top five and I can't pretend that doesn't annoy me because it does.

@thebaroness89 I think you should stop using @XShadow246 in your examples as that was a totally different situation. The box did work at upload and worked for days and then the day the top five went up a patch came out. Not just any patch THE patch came out and it rendered it broken so he fixed it post top 5 and post patch. That had nothing to do with upload issues and everything to do with the patch.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:16 pm

@mg
ok - my bad on XShadow246. I didn't know about the patch situation. When he got it to work I just remember how impressed I was. When he first won the challenge I remember telling RogPalmer that it has to be a great box or else it wouldn't have won and we both were hoping to play the fixed version. which then was a day later.

@Romulus- see I'm down to only one to my knowledge. Like I said there probably was more but it still feels rare that late box/re-submitted box wins... right ? I got the game in early October like first week. Didn't know anything about any challenges until Gravity Falls week....so my memory is the last 6 and a half months. I always have personal favorite artists creations but I have yet to see something blatant where the judges chose a toybox and it was shady or unfair. Obviously don't call anyone out. we are all friends,comrades. I honestly didn't think it happened enough to be genuinely upset or concerned...but my memory of this is only from now back to late October early November.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:41 pm

I've heard of it happen a few times more than you remember baroness (but I can't remember specifics).

I wouldn't resent someone who fixed their toy box because of a glitch on Disneys part and placed, that's not the point I think people are making. Its more about Disney not fixing the issues with uploading and not being clear on the deadline specifics

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:42 pm

I have hope for less glitches that will merit this in 3.0. For now we all just have to try to be understanding with each other when it happens.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jkhouw1 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:11 pm

as the OP, I have tried to make it clear my position regarding submissions after the deadline, but appear to have failed.

I do NOT resent anyone who submits late. I do NOT think they should prevent uploading fixed boxes. If someone uploads something 3 days after and wins under the current system - so be it.

All I am saying is that IF they have a deadline, for the challenge submissions they should stick to it. If that is consistently enforced, no one can should complain about glitched boxes because the same rules apply to everyone. Upload earlier so there is time to fix. My question was simply if "For the integrity of the challenge should a consistent deadline should be enforced?" - by them.

So long as the the system remains as is, feel free to upload as often and whenever you want - everyone can. I'm just saying that as a "Challenge" the current system is as flawed as so many other things in the DI universe - it works, kinda, sometimes...

and in the end, everyone wants the designer to upload fixed versions - because wheres the enjoyment in playing broken levels? I want to play things as the designer intended, not upsidedown or with no enemies.

Even if they do enforce the deadline, I would still hope someone who built something spectacular but missed the deadline would share it with the community for everyone to enjoy. In the end, its a game. the levels are designed to be played. the game is meant to be enjoyed. I hope no one is in it for the fame, fortune, and glory that goes with placing in the top 5 - because as far as I know, there is no fame, fortune, or glory so they are just setting themselves up for disappointment lol

anyway, build on.. and have fun.

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1

Postby Sheriff Woody » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:24 pm

^ "because as far as I know, there is no fame, fortune, or glory" ... i will work on the basis that you are excluding from this statement subsequently being employed by avalanche or attending the toy box summit (travel and accommodation, receiving a PS4 and various other freebies) as a result of submitting successful toy boxes :roll:

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:32 pm

As sheriff has said there's plenty of fame/fortune(fortunate things) for artists. Sheriff let's not forget being mentioned on toy box TV ;)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Tue Mar 17, 2015 10:35 pm

I think MightyGitis is getting a sponsorship deal with Red Bull for the next summit. :lol:

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations