Night Castle 2

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Night Castle 2

Postby semerien » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:26 pm

What really made me chuckle about this Toy Box is how much it really proves the filter system is messed up.

When the Toy Box Mentors make a toy box and still have to put 'No Flyers Plz' in the description, how does anyone not see that as a problem :mrgreen:

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Main Console: PS4
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 9:56 pm

Well to be fair- every character can fly now unless you place a game maker toy. I'm going to start making some boxes with the angled camera on - a series of them. Can't fly then....just haven't had a challenge that called for an entire angled camera game.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby semerien » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:00 pm

True enough.

The problem with the camera's is that it will limit a flying character to a low hover, but it does nothing to super jumpers or web swingers. With a camera on I can still take venom up as high as I want too.

rank_500_ftb_10
semerien
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 10:49 pm

Well I highly invite flyers to my Asgard box because one of the challenges is impossible if you don't fly and fly fast.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby jkhouw1 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 11:01 pm

I just stopped making platformers. Not enough control over the toys (distance for moving platforms, elevator height & controls, sliding wall etc) without resorting to all kinds of trigger tricks filling up the memory. and side scroll platforming bothers me anyway as somehow i always end up too far in the background or foreground lol. Even with barriers - i always end up on the wrong side of them (or in them).

to keep people near the ground i have objectives there - and later objectives not active until prior ones complete. they can fly ahead but wont help them.

@benfleichman - did you get the one at base of tree?

@thebaroness89 - you did what i did first - brought the rocks to the wrong end of the cave. and that little door probably needs finesse like a lockpicker not bashing with rocks anyway.

rank_100_ftb
jkhouw1
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby JaysUsername » Tue Mar 24, 2015 12:41 pm

To eliminate flying in my Asgard challenge I simply put a huge trigger area above the map attached to an action enforcer/knock back. Try and fly higher than I want you and you are swatted back to earth by my mighty hand! I could be cruel and use a kill switch but this is a great deterrent.

And, I agree jk...platforming toys are tough. There needs to be a way to link them to have them work in sync. My brave toybox suffered from a couple of spots where the platforms slowly drifted out of sync and it can be tough to finish.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby quinnjitsu » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:43 am

Just a quick idea on the platforming sections: Because occasionally two moving platforms next to each other will get out of sync and make it hard or impossible to go from one to the other, it's a good practice to have a stable block or platform between them. That way you'll always be able to get off the first platform and time it right to get on the 2nd, and won't get stuck. Just stuff you learn from experience, ha ha. :)

You can always make things interesting by putting a masher or pendulum hammer above that stable platform, just to keep things from getting too easy! ;)
--
Check out my websites:
http://MrWonderfulProductions.com
http://RuneStoneComic.com
http://www.mormon.org/me/32DX
Twitter: "@quinnmjohnson"

Mickey
quinnjitsu
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby quinnjitsu » Tue Mar 31, 2015 12:47 am

Another note too on flyers, super-jumpers or wall-crawlers/web-swingers breaking a good platforming level. When it all comes down to it, there is such a large variety of abilities between all the available characters in the game that it's virtually impossible to safeguard against every behavior that would mess up your intended level flow. At the end of the day, you can just make recommendations in the description of which character abilities should or should not be used; if players decide to ignore that and use character abilities that break your level, that's really up to them. They just won't be having the same type of fun experience you intended. Their loss, as I see it!

Of course, another way of looking at it is that it's kind of fun and interesting to use these flying etc. abilities to go through a level in a new way, kind of like when you beat a game and unlock a new character with more powerful abilities.
--
Check out my websites:
http://MrWonderfulProductions.com
http://RuneStoneComic.com
http://www.mormon.org/me/32DX
Twitter: "@quinnmjohnson"

Mickey
quinnjitsu
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:

Postby Elmo STM » Tue Mar 31, 2015 1:23 am

@Quinn I like playing as intended then going back and messing around seeing how it works etc :) hopefully 3.0 has a way to stop certain abilities being used :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations