Toy Box Tales Episode 2

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Toy Box Tales Episode 2

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:54 pm

I have yet to play it...
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby CCRunner524 » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:54 pm

^ Yeah I can understand that. Ive had the issue when loading from a big toybox to another big one that the meter suddenly becomes fuller than it originally was. Doors are a tricky sort. :lol:

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby TyForce » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:48 pm

The skydome was nice.

rank_mickey_ftb
TyForce

Postby TyForce » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:03 pm

Ok. Ok. All joking aside. It was a pretty solid Toy Box.

One thing that really stood out to me was I really felt like I was visiting several different locations instead of remaining in the same area. Yes, there were several load points, but those are just necessary to retain stability with these large Toy Boxes. But I enjoyed entering different areas. Also, the underwater feel the sub area gave was phenomenal! Even though I knew I was using a flying vehicle, I could help but feel I was actually traversing through water.

There was good use of some not so common toys, such as the Storefront toy. It allowed the player to experience something in the Toy Box that they rarely get to experience.

The locations, such as the docks and submarine were very well decorated. Using those gate ledges as fences gave a very urban feel to the docks. It also goes without saying, the massive submarine was very well constructed.

My only criticism would be it felt a little stale in the combat department. Entering this huge HYDRA submarine, I was hoping to encounter some baddies who would try to interfere with me desctivating those missiles.

But, in the end, it was a very solid Toy Box that felt very deep in story and gameplay. It also left me excited to see what happens in the next episode. You did this by mentioning there were many unanswered questions. This is what leaves a player excited to play and experience that takes place next. Great job!

rank_mickey_ftb
TyForce

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations