To finish or not to finish?

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

To finish or not to finish?

Postby Crazed Java » Thu May 28, 2015 2:06 pm

So I've tinkered with the toy box tools but never dove into them too hard because it's not always clear what does what and I don't have unlimited time for trial and error.

With the next release in August I am trying to decide if it's worth finishing the one level I had put together. I have no text cues, which it badly needs to guide the player, and I can't figure out how to get a set-piece to show up on cue.

What I have is a city setting. You start out waking up in the sewers and when you climb out it triggers several spawn points located throughout the city. The enemies only increase as you beat them. Stopping one spawn point will trigger spawns at two others, so you have a potentially endless wave of enemies. The way you make them stop are various buttons located throughout. When all 6 buttons are pressed (Kyln buttons that you have to put a weight on top of) it spawns a mini-SHIELD Helicarrier and starts spawning Omnidroids, the big bad ones. Same thing as before, you can't beat them, they'll just keep coming.

The idea is to use the Helicarrier to fly out to a spaceship coordinating the attack. The ship has some destructible walls so you can fly into it and is covered in laser and missile turrets. Inside you hit a switch and it shuts down the whole thing.

I really don't know how to keep the ship from appearing until the 6 buttons are pressed, otherwise a flying character could beat this in no-time.

The entire city is accessible to any character except Cars characters. I have rails connecting all buildings, plenty of climbing or jumping points, so non-flying characters are not penalized.

I think it's nifty but I had put down Infinity for a few months. Now the new version is out in less than 3 months. Worth bothering with or maybe adapting it into 3.0 in the hopes the toolsets are little more functional?

rank_0
Crazed Java
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: To finish or not to finish?

Postby DyolfNai » Fri Jun 05, 2015 3:16 am

I would try to get it finished, easy to forget about it when all the new 3.0 toys come out.

For the hellicarrier the vehicle spawned from Spider-Man/avenger (I can't remember which one) play set can be linked to your switches.

The ship doesn't have to appear, it could always be there but swop the breakable blocks for a door (this can also be linked to the switches so it won't open early) this should stop all those cheeky fliers

I do worry that 1 spawning point splitting into 2 and so on could freeze the game with too many enimies, I would maybe start with 2 spawnings and when 1 defeated it starts another, possibly linked to a randomiser so they spawn randomly all over the city

If you get it done in time you could theme it and enter it in the famous city's challenge

Hope this helps

rank_0
DyolfNai
Main Console: Xbox 360
XBL ID:

Re: To finish or not to finish?

Postby Elmo STM » Fri Jun 05, 2015 2:11 pm

I would finish and upload to cloud, that way you'll have the box to update with 3.0 tools as well :)

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations