Tower Defense Challenge 7/9 - 7/15

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Tower Defense Challenge 7/9 - 7/15

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:44 am

has anyone managed to successfully finish Pirates vs Aliens? if so any tips on how would be appreciated. i have tried multiple times now and enemies keep glitching so they cannot be killed. most frustrating is when a flying enemy gets stuck inside the cup you are defending and continues to damage it but cannot the flying enemy cannot be damaged.

also when collecting coins from defeated enemies at the end of the wave it will say 1000 coins available and then drop to 400 coins or simply not allow to buy any even with coins showing.

having checked the Disney site there are only 2 people on the leaderboard which doesn't look promising :(

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:17 pm

Let me address this:
The treasure is set to 2000. That's how much damage it can take before it's done. I purposely made this a difficult box to defeat.
To beat it you have to do more than button mash.
There is a pattern to the enemies that once figured out makes it really easy to go thru.
There are 4 Chests with green and purple capsules that are on auto reset.
The "1000" that you see is the Max money you can have, I didn't want people buying an entire army.
Then the game tells you how much you currently have to spend.
I didn't use any flying enemies. There are however 2 class of robots that hover slightly, they don't walk or run.

I have only beaten the game twice. It wasn't built for anybody to win...oh people will try and it will frustrate but success rate is going to be low.

Hopefully this explanation can help seeing as a person's misunderstanding can somehow lead to blaming their failures on phantom glitches and creator error.

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:25 pm

lol, ok then. in that case to clarify blaming my failures ... my most frustrating issue was the "hovering" not flying enemies being stuck and continuing to damage while not being able to bounce, shoot, slice, blow up or damage them in any other way. this happened on multiple attempts. the second most frustrating issue was having sufficient coins to purchase more pirates at the end of a wave but not being able to do so.

i fully understand that this is likely to be an issue with toy box glitches and not down to the person creating the toy box.

glitches in toy boxes that worked when submitted but then glitch for no reason has got to be the most frustrating issue for people both creating and playing toy boxes.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:54 pm

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:12 pm

so basically deliberately built to frustrate and not be beaten. not really my idea of a fun toy box :(

edit: oh, and i wanted to use a pirate character as it was a pirate themed toy box but 1.0 characters did not survive very long

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby thebaroness89 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:39 pm

Well I have 21 reasons why my toy boxes are considered "fun"

rank_250_ftb_10
thebaroness89
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Sheriff Woody » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:45 pm

personally found many of you other toy boxes to be fun and i like to play Disney Infinity for fun. there are already plenty of other games i play that offer frustrations.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:51 pm

Personally, I am so terrible at fighting games I wouldn't know it was actually unbeatable. I just suck at them and wouldn't know any better :) :lol:

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby hoodoo » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:54 pm

That is the beauty of the Toy Box right? You can literally find all types of gameplay due to the amount of user generated content. I would wager that a majority of the boxes created are made with fun in mind. Most are fairly easy to complete as well. If @thebaroness89's box is extremely challenging then it would be a nice change of pace.
A dad, a husband and a gamer.

rank_250
hoodoo
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations