Inside Out Challenge 10/22 - 10/28

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Inside Out Challenge 10/22 - 10/28

Postby pjhaan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:33 am

I just shared one of the sub boxes from my entry with my PC and Wii U Friends: Memory Music

It is a very short box if you want to try it. If you are good with a pattern, it should be pretty easy but I had never tried the music creator/metronome before.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mickey&Maleficent » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:35 am

Mine is up

Mind Adventure
Riley is having a nightmare about broccoli pizza! You need to go down to her memory of the pizza to fix this. You never know what might happen next. #InsideOutChallenge

It ended up taking longer than I thought so I didn't get my whole idea done. I will be finishing it in a second part of it in the next couple weeks. It took me a lot of time to make it so please play it and tell me what you think about it.
3 Featured Toy Boxes:
Phineas' Blueprint Adventure
Mind Adventure

rank_1250_ftb
Mickey&Maleficent
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 am

2:15 Am and I am just starting to test the linked boxes. Will call it a night at 3:00 Am. I have four boxes total: the hub plus 3 sub levels.

First time with linked boxes...so far so good!!!

EDIT: The satellite receiver doesn't seem to work. I set them up to turn on in the sub boxes. Also, my counters and main toybox reset after each load.

I know there are a few issues but I am going to submit it anyway. Too much work not too!!!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Wed Oct 28, 2015 11:49 am

The Imitation Game of Tomorrowland
Quorra must escape the Grid again and save Tomorrowland from CLU. For Alan Turing fans, Quorra's Imitation Game is to see how she handles the 5 Inside Out emotions. Or perhaps, someone is just imagining the whole thing? Special guest: the MightyGitis Townsperson.

This is a collaboration project with our new Disney Infinity Game Design Club at the Newburgh P-Tech school, Excelsior. We divided up the 20 club members into 5 teams of 4. Each team was responsible for one of the Emotional Toy Boxes. The club needed to improvise, using Infinity 2.0 on the PCs. I showed them some of the 3.0 toys & themes, and we discussed how they wanted the mini-games updated when I linked them into the the Anchor box on my PS4. Fun stuff.

Gameplay of this Toy Box will be featured at the upcoming IBM Academy of Technology event on November 12th, where I have the opportunity to discuss the educational value of Disney Infinity. Very excited :D.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:20 pm

My box is up:
The Memory Dump
This is my first box to feature multiple linked toy boxes. Riley's core memories have fallen into the memory dump it is your job to go down and get them back.

I had some trouble with the Satellite Receiver so the final cut scene in the main hub isn't working. The stations aren't turning on. Will try to fix and resubmit.

I spent sooooooo much time on it that I wanted to get it in for the challenge even it it is slightly buggy...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby goofyspaceranger » Thu Oct 29, 2015 12:03 pm

@Mickey&Maleficent - had some time this morning and had to try out the broccoli pizza. That's just a brilliant idea, with fun visuals. I didn't quite complete the challenge - not enough vegetables in my diet apparently ;) - fun box.
Use the Force in Holocron Heuristics to program with more Creativi-Toys!

rank_750
goofyspaceranger
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby CCRunner524 » Thu Oct 29, 2015 3:46 pm

Fear's Nightmare

Here is our toybox entry for the Inside Out Challenge. The description is Fear has been left to keep Riley from having a nightmare. Unfortunately she has been watching a scary movie about a shark that shoots tornadoes out of his mouth. Help save Riley from her nightmare. Requires Inside Out Characters.

rank_2000_ftb_10
CCRunner524
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu Oct 29, 2015 4:00 pm

I learned a lot on the mightygitis stream last night. I plan to put it to good use. I started reworking the logic gates in my hub world and deleted everything from the level starter. I know it won't qualify for the challenge but I NEED to get it working properly!!!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Fritzy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:21 am

Like the choice image, CCRunner!

Submitted two entries, but only one (my main) is up right now. Introducing...

Anger's Fire Jam

Anger is trying to reawaken lost ruins, but according to the research of some archaeologists, doing so could mean disaster! Play as Anger and light the Flame Bearers, or join the archaeologists and cool him off!

32 Toy Boxes
1 Featured, 2 Honourable Mentions
Spotlight: Anger's Fire Jam

rank_250_ftb
Fritzy
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations