It really needs to be easier to "LIKE" ToyBoxes

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

It really needs to be easier to "LIKE" ToyBoxes

Postby BlackWidow » Fri Nov 06, 2015 5:36 pm

Is anyone else frustrated at how difficult it is to "Like" ToyBoxes? You browse through the menu to find a box, download it, and then if you play the game and enjoy it, you have to sift through to find it all over again to apply a like. This can be quite a pain, which is why I think you see such a disparity between the "likes" on the toy boxes in the developer tab, etc. - because they are a lot easier to find again to "like" since they float to the top.

It really feels like there should be an easier way to recognize toy boxes with "likes" as it really seems lopsided just due to design.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Re: It really needs to be easier to "LIKE" ToyBoxes

Postby Mkruzer » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:55 pm

I completely agree. There needs to be a way to Like it from within the toybox itself via the menu or at least from my toybox saves.

rank_100
Mkruzer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr. Vasuri83 » Sat Nov 07, 2015 2:21 pm

I liked the way project spark did it where the game would ask you if you liked a level once you left/completed it.

rank_100_ftb_10
Mr. Vasuri83

Postby Sheriff Woody » Sat Nov 07, 2015 6:47 pm

^ this is how it should be. how can you know if you like something until you've experienced it? the way it is set up at the moment deters people from liking as it is a hassle.

Sheriff
Sheriff Woody
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Infinityfan » Sat Nov 07, 2015 7:45 pm

It should be like little big planet where when you complete a level you are asked to like or dislike, in DI there wont be a dislike though. In DI when you quit it should ask for a like. This is why I like before I play lol :D

rank_2000_ftb
Infinityfan
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:

Postby BlackWidow » Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:02 am

Glad to know I am not alone in thinking it's a pain, LOL.

I've been watching the performance of several toy boxes and they all show the same exact thing - the deeper down the menus they go, the less frequent they get liked, until they literally seem to plateau. Downloads keep increasing, but once they are buried people don't go back and find them over again to Like them. Statistically across the boxes I was looking at, it was almost identical. Boxes that, say, got 10-15% of players giving them a "Like" consistently, until they get buried four or five menus down, and then the likes just completely stop even though they are still getting regularly downloaded. Either all of a sudden the toy box stinks, LOL, or people just don't find it worth the effort to seek out to do a like.

I empathize, which is why I have gone out of my way to Like a number of toy boxes lately that I felt truly deserved it, but it was when I was doing this that I noticed what a pain in the behind it really is. One I just couldn't find and I felt bad, it was a nice box. There are a lot of "hidden gems" in there that it's too bad there isn't a better way to recognize/share them from within the game.

rank_100
BlackWidow
Main Console: Wii U

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations