Ambitious Toybox Questions for 3.0

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Ambitious Toybox Questions for 3.0

Postby JaysUsername » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:14 am

Can I have several full (90%?) Toyboxes all linked by a central Hub World or is it still like 2.0 where the counter doesn't go back to 0 everytime you load a different box?

Saving. Still trying to figure out what kind of 'saving' is available in 3.0. If I have a longer toybox, can it be played in multiple sittings or is it still one and done?

I guess those are the main 2 right now. Sorry for the questions, I am just getting back into building and haven't stretched 3.0's legs enough to know.

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Ambitious Toybox Questions for 3.0

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:36 pm

I need more clarification on what you mean by the counter. What counter? One you've set up?

As for saving there is still no normal way to save inside a toy box. In 2.0 we saw team @vasuri using an old school method of inputting codes to return you to a specific point in the game. But the bottom line is there is no "save point" toy. Most of us build our boxes to be played in one sitting.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JaysUsername » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:15 pm

Thanks @mightygitis thanks for the info. I might have to look at the code saves.

(Man, I have tried typing this clearly a few times)
As for the counter, probably not the best term. I just remember people were having issues (baroness specifically) where you would have a large toybox linked to another. You would assume that when leaving one box for another, memory is wiped and your new box works as long as its memory 'counter'/allotment wasn't full. But wasn't there a problem where the previous box's memory stacked with the new one and the second box didn't load/function correctly?

What I'm picturing is a multi-box toybox where there are several 'missions' for various adventure. So a hub world, one door for Captain America, one for iron man etc. After each you are returned to the Hub....would like the finished missions to show as complete even if you save and come back later.

So, you would have to finish a specific mission in one sitting but could play another on another day but the 'rewards' would still show in the Hub box.

Clear as mud right? :P

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby MightyGitis » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:44 pm

You could have asked more simply. "Do full toy boxes now load through doors?" and the answer is yes they do. There are still some tricky issues with townspeople through doors but as for the meter being effected by the door that is no longer an issue like it was in 2.0.

rank_2000_ftb_10
MightyGitis
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby JaysUsername » Wed Dec 16, 2015 9:32 pm

Lol, well that would be too easy wouldn't it?

Thanks Mrs. Gitis!

rank_100_ftb
JaysUsername
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations