TOY BOX CREATIVITOY HELP PLEASE

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

TOY BOX CREATIVITOY HELP PLEASE

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Mon Jul 03, 2017 1:42 pm

I love building in the Toybox but have limited knowledge ( and time ) to fully utilise the tools. But if anyone can help me i'd be really grateful.

I've created what I think is a really good Path-creator race track with tunnels, jumps and environmental effects. I roll up to the starting point, and away we go. But what I want to do is have a camera pan before the race, as it does in Speedway. I've created some pixel art too and i'd really like to highlight this.

Any tips for me please? I really don't know where to start apart from placing cameras, but what do I link and what with?

Cheers

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: TOY BOX CREATIVITOY HELP PLEASE

Postby Zmillfarmer » Mon Jul 03, 2017 4:52 pm

I believe you can put a camera and or a target for a camera to follow on a path to achieve that result.

Cameras have properties that can be activated to follow a Actor etc too.

I have seen a Tutorial on how to do the panning thing too but I can't find it.

Hope this helps.
Imagination is best if set Free!

rank_0
Zmillfarmer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby BionicKoalaBoy » Fri Jul 07, 2017 11:55 am

Yup thanks. I've created a path with a camera on it, and can pan around the object I want to. It's the linking of 'events' that I don't know how to do. Getting the camera pan to start as a cut-scene when I choose to start a race.

rank_250
BionicKoalaBoy
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Zmillfarmer » Fri Jul 07, 2017 7:48 pm

I believe you can use a Trigger/Activation Toy with a Timer or Metronome to start the sequence. Unclear on how to end this and start the event. I am not good with the Logic Gates and related Toys.

I never got to the point of using the Game Creating Toy (or whatever it is called) that one uses to create a Toy Box Game. There might be a property for an intro insertion. I have seen some Toy Boxes that have the beginning build animation and some without that have a preview. Unsure on how this is done.
Imagination is best if set Free!

rank_0
Zmillfarmer
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations