Sonic - Green Hill Zone

brainstorm ideas and share your toy box worlds

Re: Sonic - Green Hill Zone

Postby Elmo STM » Wed May 06, 2015 8:25 pm

This is the first I've seen of this thread so look forward to seeing what you do

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu May 07, 2015 4:38 am

I am starting from scratch! I have the first section done until the first rolling jump. I am happier with the selection of plants in 2.0 but I am sticking with pirate trees. Several of the Pixie Hollow clusters may fit the bill nicely for the large flowers.

I have the Scalable Barrier set up on the back of the level. I may still add a background area to the level but will only allow access to it after you finish the level.

I am still trying to figure out if there is a better way to do the rolling tunnels. Now that I have the ability to roll as Stitch, I want to see about doing the tunnels properly instead of using the rails. I also want to try the stunt ramps to see if they work with rolling Stitch.

I have a very long way to go on this level but I think the 2.0 toys are going to be a great help. I may need to adjust the height ratio as 1 level up for terrain is quite a jump.

EDIT: Stunt ramps are still not an option even with a rolling character. I am working on getting the floor spike to STAY engagd.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
Main Console: Wii U
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Watusimanu » Fri May 08, 2015 3:31 pm

For the tunnels, you can use the people movers in the template section
I'm 12 yrs old and happy to be working with you guys!

rank_500_ftb
Watusimanu
XBL ID:

Postby pjhaan » Fri May 08, 2015 5:50 pm

I will have to try these this weekend. Hopefully they work and don't "slow your roll" too much...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Watusimanu » Sat May 09, 2015 3:19 pm

For the tunnels, use the peopleMover in the templates

rank_500_ftb
Watusimanu
XBL ID:

Postby pjhaan » Sat May 09, 2015 7:50 pm

I played around with a spring and a replayer to see if I could get a spring to work in a tree. It didn't work very well!

So, I came up with an alternate that works ok. I hooked a weather vane to locator directly above it. I hooked that to a trigger area to turn it on when the player enters. The weather vane is also hooked up to a delay timer that turns off after 2 seconds when the player exits the trigger area.

It works ok for simulating the spring.

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Watusimanu » Sun May 10, 2015 12:15 am

:oops: Sorry, I didn't know I posted it twice.

rank_500_ftb
Watusimanu
XBL ID:

Postby pjhaan » Mon May 11, 2015 12:01 pm

I got through the layout up until the first checkpoint last night. I set up the crumbling cliffs using trigger areas, time delayers, replayers and effects generators. The cliffs give you just enough time to get off before they disappear.

Tonight, I am going to play around with the tunnels...

Still wish I could have the spikes expanded!

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby pjhaan » Thu May 14, 2015 3:55 am

I think I will be able to make the people movers work for tunnels. I was playing with the loop from the track pieces and really wasn't happy with it. It looks the part but it doesn't function at all. So, I played around with the People Mover templates and made this loop.

It is too tall right now but I understand how the people mover works now (trigger areas, locators and weather vanes) so I should be able to reproduce the effect in a tighter loop. I might even try to make the ramps where Sonic (stitch) jumps really high using this technique.

I am slow at this but I am happy with the progress so far. After I am done with the layout, I am going to try to add the "rings" as collectibles.

I have learned so much from this project. Maybe I will even try logic gates sometime...

rank_1000_ftb
pjhaan
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:

PreviousNext

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations