Call me Silv.

rank_500
0silverphoenix
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:
Disney ID:

Re: Arcade toy box challenge 2/27-3/5

Postby Darth_Kedric » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:52 am

Congrats Papa Echo! another number one and very well deserved! I really enjoyed it! I haven't had a chance to try the rest, but from what I saw in the toy box TV video, they look really cool! so congratulation to all the winners! speaking of which... mine was featured at the beginning and throughout! I couldn't believe it! at minute 0:50 they show a glimpse of mine, then during the cast, the video on Allison's right shoulder showcases my box during the time they're talking! Then again at minute 2:46 they show it again! :) I was very surprised and very grateful to at least be featured in a different way. My little one was very happy and so was I (she helped me during our first attempt) and she kept telling me this one would make it! (and it did... sort of ;) )

Here's a playthrough of my box, I named it 'The Arcade Room' Now I want to try even more! that was well received fuel! and at least I know they're getting my submissions! as I wasn't completely sure my internet was working properly ;)

rank_0
Darth_Kedric
Main Console: Wii U
NN ID:

Postby PapaEcho » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:09 am

Sorry to be so off the radar the last week. I was busy fixing/replacing my ps3 (along with other real life responsibilities - I missed you guys)! Thanks for all the kind words! I'm honored to be in the pantheon with the likes of Gitis and Crazy!

@xshaddow and @darthkedric absolutely amazing videos. Not only are your levels amazing - you did a great job capturing them in your videos!

I loved the fellow winning boxes!
@warlordraven Q-bert was brilliant and I loved the quarter intro!
@finn-warrior Another excellent Finn box! Challenging and a blast to play. Sorry mine wasn't up to snuff for ya. Without using a console and having to finish and submit via iPad, I had to limit a lot of options in gameplay. (My muppet submission was sort of the same way- fair warning if it makes it next week!) Quite frankly, I'm surprised the mechanics I did program worked at all after submission!
I build things.

rank_mickey_ftb_10
PapaEcho
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Postby tangled&tron » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:51 am

@Darth_Kedric - IMO that means your toy box made it all the way until the final test phase(top 10+), but missed out on a top 5 finish. 8-) Also the beginning of your map was cool with the shelves displaying the collectables and the baskeball hoop and the arcade cabinet... felt like I was snooping inside someone's mancave. :lol: Also the Donkey Kong part was neat, even though it kinda reminded me of BurgerTime. 8-)

rank_1000_ftb
tangled&tron

Postby shiftyraccoon » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:20 pm

So I just played them all and I don't like any of the top 5. Don't find them enjoyable but appreciate the hard work put in

rank_750_ftb
shiftyraccoon
Main Console: PS4

Postby Modeltrainman » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:48 pm

I'm probably stupid, but I didn't understand how to play Echo's Frogger. Got through a neat ball dodging game of his, but quit Frogger due to confusion.
Avalanche Software is the best game dev!
Avalanche's #1 Fan

Lotso Rex
Modeltrainman
Main Console: Xbox One
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby Finn-Warrior » Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:48 pm

@Modeltrainman: I had to play it a second time to get the hang of it, but there's a problem though: The point counter scores you a point every time you jump in the area where you're supposed to drop the frog, so you can just get points with a single frog with you and jumping while holding it.

@PapaEcho: Don't feel bad, we all know you had some issues with the hardware, so I can give you some slack. I'm glad that you liked my entry though, even when I reviewed your work in such a harsh manner.
~ 13 featured toy boxes so far!

rank_250_ftb_10
Finn-Warrior
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Previous

Return to Disney Infinity toy box creations