Epic Mickey Series

Epic Mickey Series

Postby Star Command » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:35 pm

I'm surprised that there isn't a topic for this game series. So, here it is.

What I can say about Epic Mickey, is that it got me into playing videos games again. My idea of a video game is a good story, fun characters, simple platforming gameplay, and an awesome soundtrack. I loved the first one, even though the camera had its flaws, and there was no voice acting, the game was great. The second game was good as well, but I still really enjoy the first one a bit more. Epic Mickey is a series that definitely has my attention. I know that the studio who developed the two games (Junction Point I believe) closed down, but this might not mean the end of the Epic Mickey series. I really hope there's a third game developed by another team.
To infinity, and beyond!

Disney Infinity Figures Obtained: 14

rank_50
Star Command
Main Console: Xbox 360

Re: Epic Mickey Series

Postby RobotGhost » Thu Mar 28, 2013 2:58 pm

I really enjoyed the first Epic Mickey but hated the second because they broke up mean street (the main hub level) into two parts and made it even longer to get into a real level of the game.

With that said I don’t want to see them make a third game, I would like them to just port the first one onto the xbox 360 and up the graphics a little.
Back to the Drawing Board!

rank_100
RobotGhost
Main Console: PS4

Postby 4aic400 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 4:06 am

I liked the first one, I give it a 9 out of 10, the second one, give it 6.5 out of 10. Wasn't as good as the first, not sure but I heard the company who helped make the game cancelled production for a third one. If there was a third one I am mostly likely not to get.

rank_100_ftb
4aic400
Disney ID:

Postby Star Command » Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:26 pm

A lot of people feel that way about a third game. I think the second game lost the dark tone. Even the revisited dark places weren't as spooky as they were in the first one. Maybe it was because we had visited those places previously, so they had lost their edge. The new places visited in the second game were far from being creepy or mysterious (besides the Floatyard, which had a lot of potential). Disney Gulch, and a few other places were enjoyable, but too cheery.
To infinity, and beyond!

rank_50
Star Command

Postby RobotGhost » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:30 pm

Yeah the dark tone was lost for the most part in the 2nd game but it makes sense because the toons are fixing things since the last game. Also the mad doctor wasn't interesting enough to carry the game as the main villain and I wish they went with the Pete's going bad for this game instead of making that the plot of the 3rd that will never be made.
Back to the Drawing Board!

rank_100
RobotGhost
Main Console: PS4

Postby Star Command » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:58 pm

That's true. And I forgot about that part of the ending where Pete looks as if he's going to be starting trouble... Hmmm.... well, that doesn't mean a third game though. If you got the bad ending, it pretty much sums everything up.
To infinity, and beyond!

rank_50
Star Command

Postby maxxie03 » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:51 pm

Is the second one really bad? I'm still playing the first one :$

rank_100
maxxie03
Main Console: PS3

Postby TheDangboy » Wed May 29, 2013 4:48 am

I liked the second one. Of course I'm a huge Disney fanboy and I love platformers. I guess it wasn't really a surprise. I really enjoy the voice acting and music in that game. The camera is much better than in the first one too. The only problem I had with it my self was that the experience was just a little too short.

rank_50
TheDangboy
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Agent C » Fri Jul 26, 2013 3:58 pm

I'm not sure if anyone has said this. I didn't see it reported on the thread, but Disney has shut down Junction Point Studios. They were the people behind Epic Mickey. They also stated that as of this moment the Epic Disney License will not go to anyone. I think we may have seen the last of that story. It really is a shame. I did enjoy the first game. It may sound strange, but I think that their biggest mistake was taking away the Wii Exclusive on it. I just picked up the second one. I know I could have gotten it for the PS3, but for old time sake, I picked up the Wii version.

rank_500
Agent C
Main Console: Wii U
PSN ID:
NN ID:

Next

Return to Disney games