Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:04 am

Announcing Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, with KH3D HD, cinematics of KH Chi, and an all new chapter!

In the all new Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-, we discover Aqua’s fate after the events in Birth by Sleep. Find out what happens next in KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 HD Final Chapter Prologue!

Discover the missing stories and the origins of the Keyblade War in the cutscenes of KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi] Back Cover, included in KINGDOM HEARTS 2.8 HD Final Chapter Prologue!

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 FINAL CHAPTER PROLOGUE ANNOUNCEMENT TRAILER – TGS 2015

Nomura discusses reasoning for KH2.8, confirms KH3 team is making 2.8, 0.2 will only take the length of one world

In an interview with Famitsu Weekly magazine, Tetsuya Nomura, the director of the Kingdom Hearts series, has confirmed the reason behind Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is that Kingdom Hearts III is even further away than fans would hope. He also confirmed that the title is being made simultaneously with Kingdom Hearts III. This suggests that the development of Kingdom Hearts III, which has been in development since 2010, may be affected in some capacity.

Nomura also confirmed Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage – will use Kingdom Hearts III's technology and will only last the duration of one Disney world. It is set straight after the secret movie in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix. They plan on using using gameplay elements from Kingdom Hearts III.

The cinematic title in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover will also show off Kingdom Hearts III's technology according to Gematsu.

When asked for a time frame regarding the release of Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8, Nomura said they cannot announce a certain time frame due to it being developed with Kingdom Hearts III.

Source: KH13

Nomura explains the meaning of "2.8" in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue

In an interview with Famitsu Weekly, Tetsuya Nomura, director of the Kingdom Hearts series, explained the meaning behind the "2.8" in Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue.

Since this is the first title after Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 ReMIX, Dream Drop Distance HD is being treated as "Kingdom Hearts 2.6". Then, Kingdom Hearts χ Back Cover/Kingdom Hearts Unchained χ represents "0" since it is the first title in the Kingdom Hearts storyline. Lastly, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep represents "0.1", which leads to Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. Then from all three titles in the collection, you add 2.6 + 0 + 0.2 to get 2.8.

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue is the final game before Kingdom Hearts III; Nomura explains why KH 2.8 will not come to PS3

-So is there still a potential for “KH2.9” to be released?

Nomura: Following “KHIII” (laughs). The subtitle of “KH2.8” is “Final Chapter Prologue” and “KHIII” is the last chapter in the “Dark Seeker” series and the intention is for the prologue to be a taste of what the final chapter will hold. The meaning of the “0.1” left over will be seen within “KHIII”.

-Why the different hardware than the releases of “KH1.5” and “KH2.5”?

Nomura: Because the gameplay of “KH0.2 BBS” is made with the same technique as “KHIII”, it needed to be moved to PS4. Because our current environment utilizes PS4, new production on a PS3 title would create a difficult situation. I think everyone will see how it’s a small quantity of “KHIII”’s atmosphere. After all, “KH0.2 BBS” is made in the same system as “KHIII”.

11 screenshots from Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue released with new Nomura interview

After “KH1.5” and “KH2.5”, we were a bit surprised by “KH2.8”. Please tell us the origin of that title.
Nomura: It does contain some meaning, but it takes some thought. Now “KH DDD” is currently in the making (previously made as KH3D: Dream Drop Distance) and before the production of that was “KH2.5”…. 2.6 would have been an appropriate title. And then came “KHx” and “KH Unchained x” as well as “KH x Back Cover”. With Sora’s absence, I started to consider “0”. “KH BBS” is 0.1, now “KH0.2 BBS ” fit into the title with “0.2”. So “2.6” + “0” + “0.2” create the number “2.8”.

I see! Having to shake the time axis of the series to make new additions. The 0.2 in “KH0.2 BBS” especially had to have a deliberate significance.
Nomura: In the secret episode of “KH BBS Final Mix”, there was a display of “0.5”. “0.5” was originally intended to be a full volume as a sequel to “KH BBS”. But because “KHIII” is still the top priority, “0.1” took one step forward to “0.2”.

So is there still a potential for “KH2.9” to be released?
Nomura: Following “KHIII” (laughs). The subtitle of “KH2.8” is “Final Chapter Prologue” and “KHIII” is the last chapter in the “Dark Seeker” series and the intention is for the prologue to be a taste of what the final chapter will hold. The meaning of the “0.1” left over will be seen within “KHIII”.

Why the different hardware than the releases of “KH1.5” and “KH2.5”?
Nomura: Because the gameplay of “KH0.2 BBS” is made with the same technique as “KHIII”, it needed to be moved to PS4. Because our current environment utilizes PS4, new production on a PS3 title would create a difficult situation. I think everyone will see how it’s a small quantity of “KHIII”’s atmosphere. After all, “KH0.2 BBS” is made in the same system as “KHIII”.

Will the system of “KH0.2 BBS” be completely different than that seen in “KH BBS”?
Nomura: We are taking elements of “KHIII” and “BBS” into account, making a sort of hybrid.

With additional hands needed, is there any worry about the effect on the progress of “KHIII”?
Nomura: As “KHIII” is a numbered title, it is an expansive work that takes a long amount of time to develop. However, as “0.2” is made in the influence of “KHIII”, it will not be a problem. I thought it would be great for players to get an “early bird” small piece of “KHIII” in the time period that they’re waiting.

So you have 3 recorded works right now and “KH Unchained x” has just begun service. Why did “KH3D” get the special privilege to become playable rather than just HD video footage?
Nomura: I realized that I was lucky enough to have the staff who worked on “KH1.5” and “KH2.5”. This time, in addition to HD, the game had to be completely redesigned from the two screens of the Nintendo 3DS, so it can be said this HD remastered work is much stronger than the works of the past.

Will there be any additional elements?
Nomura: There’s been talks of going down that road, as this HD remaster is such a large change from the original work, so trophies will definitely be added as a new element. Because “KH3D” has a very heavy story that takes place before “KHIII”, it is very important.

So it’s important to play “KH DDD” on the same hardware as “KHIII”. I also want to ask about “KH0.2 BBS”. Where does it begin on the time axis? Does it tie to the secret episode of “KH BBS Final Mix”?
Nomura: It will begin immediately after the end of the secret episode. After she sees Cinderella’s castle in the realm of darkness.

So with that, Cinderella Castle is on the stage.
Nomura: Isn’t it? (laughs). Cinderella’s Castle aside, it’s definitely not an endless walk through the realm of darkness.

Will the “A Fragmentary Passage” seen in the secret episode be in “KH0.2 BBS”?
Nomura: Although the content is still there, the meaning will be different than it was in “KH BBS Final Mix” “A Fragmentary Passage” as it’s not meant to be a complete game. So the setting was changed to be a small piece of “KHIII” as we decided now would be a good time for it. However, to not effect the progress of “KHIII”, it was decided it was best to not be a “0.5” like a full volume but a “0.2” type of game. So even though a change was made to cut the chapter to a shorter length, the name “A Fragmentary Passage” is still kept as a subtitle.

Can you paint a picture of the exact period it will take place in?
Nomura: I cannot say (laughs). In the introduction, Sora is setting up for a new journey, there is an episode where the King begins to talk about things he has previously kept to himself. “KH0.2 BBS” has a very close connection to ”KHIII”.

And it is the King that holds the key. Next, “KHx Back Cover” … for “KH Unchained x” the service has just started. Could you talk a little about that?
Nomura: At the beginning of service, there was continuing server trouble, and I apologize. Within the company, there was a lot of cooperation and continuing of getting better. Still, the server issues were a troubling as we kept working to better it. Gradually, it came to an event that opened [the server] a lot more.

In relation to stability, the game has been very calm as of late. The game has a very crisp gameplay.
Nomura: I made it in mind of bringing the feel of “KH” to a hardware so closely connected to everyday life. Next year, once a month every month, 50 new quests will be announced to be added. Because of the continuous additions, this will bring ease to many.

I just wanted to bring up my personal experience of the crisp gameplay. Now let’s get back to “KHx Back Cover”. Who is the person who has the foresight to see the future of 5 people and who’s point of view is this taking place from?
Nomura: Yes, that person is the master or “the master of masters”. Chirithy is the main character who is calling out to the master of masters character.

So Chirithy is the one who started to call out.
Nomura: Yes. However, calling out to the master of masters, the person who created the surroundings, won’t do much. The master of masters has already pointed out the person who will stand out. The foretellers are also Keyblade Masters. Their master is the master of all masters.

Though it’s already full of mysteries, it will deepen the mystery even further to guess who appears to be the master.
Nomura: In “KHx Back Cover”, there is quite a turn. By the way, in “KHx” they have appeared in a black coat.

Aah, speaking of the 5 foretellers…
Nomura: “KHx” and “KH Unchained x” will continue through the player’s point of view, and the foretellers will tell you their opinion, but I think it won’t help much. In “Back Cover” the differences and speculations will be shown and you can take them as you want. Maybe then, they can glimpse the nature of their union and wonder “What was I thinking?” and that their tastes may be more divided (laughs).

I find that really interesting (laughs)… There will be no patience for changing unions once those directions are taken. From there, “KHx” and “KH Unchained x” should it be expected for the foretellers to step in the way of one another?
Nomura: In “KHx”’s latest scenario, the mask of the fox was removed by revealing a name, but I give very little information about them. By the way, the master of masters named rules for each of his 6 disciples.

I predict this series to be the epitome of thrill. So, in the latest trailer, Chirithy has a new fresh voice. Was Tomoko Kaneda in charge of that voice?
Nomura: Yes. It was recorded with sadness in mind and I think the end result was good.

“KH2.8” leads to “KHIII”, and the other day “Big Hero 6"’s world was announced with great applause.
Nomura: Because it was the most recent world decided, there was not a lot I could tell but I’m glad the guests were excited. Big Hero 6 is from the near future but in a cityscape with a modern feel and the sheer amount of action and fun are what made it a clear choice for me.

As a synopsis, the original Baymax is dyed black because it is controlled by Heartless, and Sora is flying on Baymax as they meet face to face.
Nomura: Right. Ours will talk about after the movie. Black Baymax was the result of Yasue (Co. Director Tai Yasue) reacting “I absolutely want to do this!”. Because I am also pleased with this, please look forward to the finished result.

In November, there is an event that takes place 3 days before the D23 Expo Japan event in Tokyo Disneyland with follow up special events about “KH” and “Final Fantasy VII full remake (tentative)” in the winter. With all of that, news will continue to flow in.
Nomura: Now that “Dissidia Final Fantasy” is being prepared to be released for the arcade, we are focusing on the plans for next year’s releases, including “KH2.8” and “World of Final Fantasy”. “KHx” and “KH Unchained x” are continuing well, thanks to several requests from outside of the company. Although there is still training going on, and we've got our hands full (bitter laugh), I think the fans will be pleased by our efforts.

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 4:54 am

GamesTM magazine interview with Tetsuya Nomura discusses Disney's role and the possibility of multiple playable characters in Kingdom Hearts III

-Disney is very franchise-oriented - we'll never see the "final" Mickey Mouse story - is there a pressure to keep Kingdom Hearts going forever?

Nomura: The discussion of the end of Kingdom Hearts has never come up between me and Disney, so I don’t know what their intentions are. But while creating Kingdom Hearts, with each generation I think to myself “This should be something that can’t be accomplished by just Disney”. It has to be something uniquely Kingdom Hearts. So it’s a matter of how long can I keep creating for Kingdom Hearts! I don’t know if the fans would enjoy it as much if it was just Disney, if it wasn’t a combination of Disney and my own creativity.

-Has there been anything that Disney has stopped you from doing?

Nomura: I don’t feel they inhibited anything. The Disney worlds that appear within our game are their franchise so they’re interested in maintaining those worlds. But anything unique to Kingdom Hearts hasn’t been a source of disagreement from Disney. Of course, sometimes when we’re writing the story then sometimes they ask us to give it a lighter tone or happier ending – but they haven’t stopped us from doing anything.

-What has skipping the PS3 era allowed you to do with this new iteration of the Kingdom Hearts systems?

Nomura: There wasn’t a specific intention to skip a generation other than Kingdom Hearts being on a console has a very high bar to reach. Fans who love the series would want something even greater than Kingdom Hearts II. Unfortunately, during that period I didn’t get the chance to start on a project that big and other key developers were working on other projects. We needed to get our experience and polish our skills at creating Kingdom Hearts games so that there was a proper preparation for a big title like Kingdom Hearts III. It just happened that this preparation took the life cycle of the PS3.

-Since you switched engines during development, what was that transition like? Did it take the team a long time to adapt to that new engine or was is relatively smooth?

Nomura: The transition was quite a process. We pretty much had to start from the ground again. We had to make sure that we could recreate our key effects in the Unreal Engine and that the effects we specifically needed for Kingdom Hearts could be adapted. We were also developing a Kingdom Hearts-specific shader and we had to make a lot of adjustments so we could use that shader on the new engine. That goes a long way to explaining the long distance between the announcement and now, when we’re able to reveal more information about the title.

-Are new battle systems based on modifications you wanted for the previous games but couldn't achieve on the previous hardware?

Nomura: I feel that going through the different spin-off titles and ideas for battle systems, how the gameplay there works, we kind of learned from that and implemented a new battle system as well as introducing new and unique moves. There’s also the Keyblade Transformation which is involved around the plot point where Sora has gone through a test of mastery so it makes sense story-wise that this transformation is part of his combat. There have been many bold additions to Kingdom Hearts III in combat and those are only possible because we have access to the better hardware but it hasn’t necessarily been things I couldn’t have done then. It’s more that I learned from the experiments of the spin-offs.

-In the first game there was one playable character, in the second there were two - will there be three in the third?

Nomura: It’s a secret but by saying that we imply that maybe something’s going on. We can’t disclose anything but, maybe, something will happen there.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Re: Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Postby Stitch » Mon Oct 05, 2015 12:24 am

Multiple playble characters would be great!
Imagine if that included characters apart of Disney! I mean, I guess that is basically Disney Infinity but still

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:24 am

Dengeki PlayStation: Kingdom Hearts Special Feature Interview Summary

Dengeki Playstation celebrates their 600th issue this week with a special feature on the Kingdom Hearts series! Director Tetsuya Nomura has drawn an exclusive cover for the magazine, and gives an interview about KINGDOM HEARTS III, KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue, and KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained X.

About the front cover
Tetsuya Nomura publishes a comment.
For the 600th issue, a collage for KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue’s announcement has been drawn to congratulate.
Due to a tight schedule, The King and the gang were drawn previously but the coloring has been touched up.
There are several times where he had bitter memories of wanting to redraw Parasite Eve for the cover. The designs were not redrawn.
KH2.8 has been made as an subsequent opportunity to KH3.
In the 700th and 777th issue, please anticipate what will be explained for FINAL FANTASY VII.

New information for KH3, KH2.8, and KH Unchained Chi will be introduced. Dengeki’s mini interview with Nomura.

KINGDOM HEARTS III
The story of the “Lost Masters” is told in Chi, this is being used for KINGDOM HEARTS III.
The origin of Master Xehanort’s Keyblade is also told in Chi and it connects to KH3.
It will explain what has happened in the series so far.
At D23 on November 3rd, look forward to concept footage in the Theater.

KINGDOM HEARTS HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue
The seven lights and 13 darknesses, other than being mentioned in KH3D, will be withheld until the end of KINGDOM HEARTS III.
In order to obtain the title of Keyblade Master, it must be taught with such knowledge.
0.2BBS connects with the story in KH1-2.
Chirithy is the one talking in Chi Back Cover.

KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained Chi
Chirithy is a guide to the players.
The "Master of Master” is the mentor of “6 Disciples” and the traitor will be revealed in Chi Back Cover.

These are the contents and etc.

Source: Kingdom Hearts Insider

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:44 am

Nomura: "Kingdom Hearts" to be fully revealed at the end of Kingdom Hearts III

Battle with Xehanort draws to a close, his motivation for acquiring the Kingdom Hearts discussed a little

What "Kingdom Hearts" actually is won't be fully revealed until the very end of KH3. It will be discussed further than previous entries

In the discussion about Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue in the most recent issue of Dengeki PlayStation, there may be a hint as to what will happen with Terra & Ventus in the next installments of the series. As Aqua is traveling in the Realm of Darkness, she may have found a way to save Terra & Ventus in Kingdom Hearts 0.2 Birth by Sleep -A Fragmentary Passage-. However, as for what will ultimately save the two of them, we will not know until Kingdom Hearts III.

Help for Terra, Ventus, and Aqua?

The three protagonists of [KHBbS] were met with a cruel fate and disappeared from the worlds. Their situation doesn't change in [KH0.2BbS], but on Aqua's journey in the dark realm, there is a possibility that she will discover a way to save them. As for what will save them in the end, it's still a mystery, but that too should be made clear in [KHIII].

What about the missing 0.3?

The number [0.5] appeared in the secret episode of [KHBbSFM], but according to Director Tetsuya Nomura, “We thought to tell the story of 0.5 with all three characters, but instead we decided on 0.2 with a focus on Aqua.” Will the dropped [0.3] scenes be discussed in [KHIII]? If we play [KH0.2BbS], will the content for [0.3] become clear!?

New Dengeki PlayStation article features details on Kingdom Hearts III and Kingdom Hearts 2.8

Full article here

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:38 am

Take a peek at our latest images from Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance HD, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage and Kingdom Hearts III!

Image Image Image

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 4:10 pm

Alexa Ray Corriea (@AlexaRayC) - SO. Official word from Square Enix on that Kingdom Hearts 3 trailer: the 10 pm PT release time was a rumor, true public release time is TBD.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Fri Dec 18, 2015 5:24 am

The holidays are coming so we come bearing the gift of a new trailer tomorrow! Thank you for your continued support Kingdom Hearts fans!

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 5:08 am

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

PreviousNext

Return to Disney games