Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:16 am

KINGDOM HEARTS III - Tangled World Announcement (Extended)

Square Enix Presents E3 2015 - Day 1

David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Postby BenFleischman » Wed Jun 17, 2015 1:31 am

Rapunzel Party Member practically confirmed! I'm excited to see her hair attacks they were talking about. And I wonder if they'll announce any world before D23 Japan. I'm personally hoping for a Lilo & Stitch, Wreck-it Ralph, or Treasure Planet world. Maybe since they're working so close with Disney Animation they'll surprise us with a Zootopia or Moana world considering those will both be released by Holiday 2016.

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID: d_anim8r

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jun 17, 2015 4:46 am

E3 2015: KINGDOM HEARTS III and KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ

After we announced KINGDOM HEARTS III, we went through some redesigning associated with the change in the game engine. Since we were prioritizing those tasks, we were not able to reveal much new information, but this time, we premiered footage that shows the game in action on the new engine.

The video is just a snippet, but I believe you can get a glimpse of all the challenges that the development team is taking on.We leaned toward the flashiest of scenes due to the limited length of time, but I hope that viewers can sense that this new world of KINGDOM HEARTS is something that players can enjoy, not only during the powered-up battles, but even when you’re just traversing the map.

That being said, the true nature of KINGDOM HEARTS III is still to come, so please stay tuned for further information.

Also, we just made the announcement that KINGDOM HEARTS χ [chi], a PC browser game that was previously only available in Japan, will be coming to North America as KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ.

It is meant to be a handy way to enjoy the world of KINGDOM HEARTS more deeply, so I hope that you try out KINGDOM HEARTS Unchained χ, and imagine your new journey in KHIII.

KINGDOM HEARTS Series

Director

Tetsuya Nomura

Source: Square Enix Blog

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:30 pm

Full transcript of Tetsuya Nomura and Tai Yasue's interview on Square Enix Presents E3 2015 - Day 1

Gematsu

Nomura discusses the Kingdom Hearts III trailer with Dengeki, explains Attraction Flow & more about the conversation scene

[About Attraction Flow]

That is called the ‘Attraction Flow,’ and it’s one of the featured elements of the game. After meeting certain requirements, you’ll get the option to activate it, and as far as visuals go, it’s pretty elaborate. As a matter of fact, the UI shown in the trailer is a temporary one, and once you actually get to use the Attraction Flow, it will also change the UI while active.

Also, as far as ledges, elevation differences, and slopes go, Sora’s actions will automatically change as part of the introduction of the “Free Run” feature, which will give it a more dynamic sense of action

[About the conversation between Eraqus and Xehanort]

Yes, that is [the opening scene for Kingdom Hearts III]. The game will start with the conversation between the two,” says Nomura. “It’s actually a much longer conversation scene, but we’ve extracted that part to show in the trailer. As you may have noticed from seeing them, it’s a scene that takes place a very long time ago, and that’s where the story of Kingdom Hearts Unchained X[chi] connects [with the game].

Source: KH13

Nomura discusses the possibility of a Star Wars world in Kingdom Hearts III

[About Star Wars]

“Of course, Disney Interactive and Square Enix [are the] publisher,” Nomura said. “They’re combining their forces to bring Kingdom Hearts. So, the other associated companies under Disney [are] not something that is as simple as us consulting with Disney Interactive. So, unfortunately, the lineup is kind of considered as different.”

The licensing isn't exactly the easiest, according to Nomura. What he means is that both Disney Interactive and Square Enix both have to contact their mother company Disney and Lucasfilm for permission to use any of the characters and locations. It isn't as simple as just requesting Disney for their first party licenses. It was also said that it could also be more expensive requesting these licenses as well. Even so, Disney Interactive may not even have the rights to use them.

Nomura talks Kingdom Hearts III with Engadget‎

The game's been teased for two years, so what's happening now with Kingdom Hearts 3?

Tetsuya Nomura: Compared to the initial first look at the game, in the trailer we're showing now, the visual aspects have evolved a lot. Not only the particle effects within the battles, but also the sheer scale of it. While the world may not be comparable to massively open-world titles, it's far bigger than previous Kingdom Hearts titles. There's a huge decrease in load times too. In previous games, you'd run to the end of an area and it would go dark before transitioning to the next stage -- now it's become seamless, as you can see in the trailer when Sora jumps off the mountain you've just battled up. The environments themselves, in KH3, things will be affected by real-time actions, a tornado spell will swirl the blades of grass surrounding it.

Given that the game is coming to PS4 and Xbox One, how are you tackling online?

TN: Online is certainly part of my wish list -- we want gamers to play for a while and an online component helps this. While we may be focusing on the main campaign at the moment, but it's not as if we're going to tack on an online function at the end. In fact, we've already got plenty of ideas brewing at the moment. However, we're still not at the point where we can test these ideas inside the main game.

Why didn't we see many Disney characters in the new game?

TN: Well, Donald and Goofy were there -- and we've announced that we're collaborating with Tangled, something we touched upon in our E3 presentation. Compared to previous titles that we folded into Kingdom Hearts, we have a lot of creators still alive. The process of gaining approvals then is pretty different. Because the animation studios are actively involved, we want to polish up anything we meet to the standards we demand, before taking it to Disney to approval. The hair of [Tangled's] Rapunzel is so unique -- we want to make sure we can realize the vision before we show it.

So how about Frozen?

TN: We're not saying anything on titles not yet announced.

Can we expect far more worlds in Kingdom Hearts 3?

TN: With every Kingdom Hearts title, we plan to deliver more worlds than actually appear in game -- so we have something in our pockets to work with. Then as we begin to hone these worlds and stages, and some do get cut. [At this point], we have prepared more worlds, in that respect, than Kingdom Hearts 2.

Any worlds that weren't realized in KH2?

TN: Man, KH2 was quite a while ago. ... Typically, worlds that we weren't able to put into a game are usually picked up again for work in the sequel. We prepare each stage, planning to include it in a game -- and we love the worlds we come up with.

Is anything going to change with how you play the game?

TN: Nothing's set in stone, although naturally, the PS4's controller has that touchpanel, and that's something we're going to have to consider within the control scheme. Coming from Kingdom Hearts 2, there won't be a huge difference in battle controls -- we're not going to change how you jump or anything -- it'll be more of an evolution. Depending on how we utilize the touchpanel, we may not need other forms of control [for certain actions].

Having said that, control preferences are different from person to person. Especially with cameras. We took an internal survey at Square Enix about this: and the result was an almost precise split, 50:50. We're going to have to look into this pretty carefully.

Destructoid interviews Tetsuya Nomura, reveals that Drive Forms are being considered for Kingdom Hearts III

Mr. Nomura, I see that Sora is dressed in new duds. With your history of costume design, are we going to see changing outfits to go with form changes like in Kingdom Hearts II?

Nomura: Yes. Form changes are being considered to bring back. I have enjoyed making different designs for different abilities in the past.

What is the process like when deciding which Disney levels are going to be in the game? Does Disney often intervene to make sure you're utilizing certain properties?

Nomura: Disney sometimes does make suggestions, but the development staff has more sway over worlds and gameplay mechanics.

When KH began, Disney was a large pool to pool from, but now with the additions of the Star Wars and Marvel properties, it is goddamn huge. Has this made it difficult to parse between which franchises you would like to insert into the ever-expanding universe?

Nomura: The fact that we have to pick, and the difficulty associated with that, is something we have faced with each installment since the beginning. We pick more IPs than necessary and consult the schedule and feasibility of actually getting our designs to work. It’s been a repeating process.

Nomura: Kingdom Hearts 3 Development Reportedly is "Relatively Advanced"

Tetsuya Nomura himself says that he wants to take a different approach with the gameplay. The biggest challenge for him is to change the elements of FFVII without denaturing the original game. He thinks some aspects of the game needs to be evolved, like the design of the characters. He then says that he'll be able to work on both KHIII and FFVII as a director and that the two games are developed by two different teams.

At last, Tetsuya Nomura says since there are two different teams working on KHIII and FFVII Remake, neither of the two games will be delayed. KHIII is relatively advanced while the FFVII Remake is at the early stages of development.

Compared to previous titles that we folded into Kingdom Hearts, we have a lot of creators still alive. The process of gaining approvals then is pretty different. Because the animation studios are actively involved, we want to polish up anything we meet to the standards we demand, before taking it to Disney to approval.

Nomura just met with Disney about what world they could announce after Tangled; they might be able to announce the next official world in Kingdom Hearts 3 soon!

Source: KHInsider

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:16 am

Nomura says basic foundation for Kingdom Hearts III is 'close to complete'

For the most part, we've established the foundation - the basic system and mechanics of what's going to go into the game, the development of that is close to complete.

Since this title is in HD, building resources and the mass-production of areas and other elements, including mini-games and other various smaller items, [takes time]. Some of them are polished to a close-to-final state. At the same time, some elements are still in the planning phases and we haven't laid out the groundwork yet.

But the basic structure of what's going to go into the game is set. It's now a matter of mass-production of the different elements [within the game].

4Gamer.net talks Kingdom Hearts III and Unchained χ with Tetsuya Nomura - summons, load times, and spinoffs discussed

4Gamer: Thank you very much for speaking with us. At E3 2015 you released a trailer for Kingdom Hearts III, which is the first new information on it in a while, so let's start by talking about that.

There were quite a lot of scenes of gameplay in this trailer, so we were finally able to see what sort of game it is shaping up to be. What are the features and points you'd like us to pay attention to for Kingdom Hearts III?

Tetsuya Nomura: When it comes to Kingdom Hearts, that would have to be the story and the battle, wouldn't it. I still cannot say anything about the story, but there were a lot of new flashy techniques in this trailer, so I think I was able to convey that end of things.

4Gamer: There were various techniques that strongly resembled theme park attractions, weren't there?

The train, ship and tea cups and such decorated with lights are a skill called 'Attraction Flow'. There's also another feature where the Keyblade turns into things such as a chariot, or a double bow gun that transforms further and shoots magic bullets. That's a system where one Keyblade can transform into several phases, and we have created many more transformations that weren't in the trailer.

4Gamer: It sounds as though even from within the 'action' format battling has become quite varied.

Nomura: On top of that there are also techniques like the 'summon' command and other abilities of Sora's, so there are quite a lot of choices when it comes to battle. There was a scene in the trailer where Sora ran up a wall to fight - that freerunning is also something you can connect techniques to for bold moves.I think that an exhilarating feel is important to battle in Kingdom Hearts, so we are making battles that you can enjoy by unleashing lots of crisp techniques.

4Gamer: Kingdom Hearts III is the first title in the series to release on PlayStation 4 or Xbox One. Are there any features you included specifically to take advantage of the new hardware?

Nomura: Being able to move around flashily on large maps, like in that scene I think there is where Sora jumps off a cliff, is something we could do because of the new hardware. Up until now there have been load times when moving between areas, but now they connect seamlessly and the maps are also bigger, so you can do even flashier actions.Also, the AI during battle has been enhanced quite a bit. There was that scene where Donald and Sora are moving with Goofy has he wields his shield - you don't only execute that sort of thing yourself, Goofy and Donald can invite you into it too. On the other hand, the enemy AI is also more advanced, and we are also including the element of mutual enemies working together, so for example they can join together to charge at you and things like that.

4Gamer: Even though you weren't able to announce the release date this time, how is development coming along?

Nomura: The gameplay and world assignments have been decided, and the foundations are already done, so now we are at the stage of putting our effort into all details.

4Gamer: We are looking forward to more information. Kingdom Hearts is a title that is very popular overseas. What was the reaction on-location like at E3 when the trailer was shown?

Nomura: The reaction was amazing. There are so many fans overseas, I think perhaps it rivals that of Final Fantasy in popularity.

4Gamer: Why do you think Kingdom Hearts has earned so much popularity overseas?

Nomura: I have no clue (laughs).

4Gamer: What an immediate reply (laughs).

Nomura: I wonder why it's so popular? I think maybe the Disney look means it’s familliar and easy to feel affection towards for people overseas. But, I've spoke with people at Disney before who told me that the story of Kingdom Hearts is very Japanese.

4Gamer: Perhaps there's a feel to it that isn't in foreign games that projects appeal.

Nomura: Also, it's been about thirteen years since the first Kingdom Hearts title came out, and about ten years since KH2, so I've heard quite a few people say "Kingdom Hearts was the first game I played." Perhaps these games mean a lot to fans because they are part of their childhood memories.

4Gamer: You mentioned ten years just now. Why did there end up being such a long gap between KH2 and KH3?

Nomura: I personally didn't intend for so much time to pass after KHII. When people around me said it'd been ten years, I was so surprised, like, has there really been such a gap? See, I've been working on Kingdom Hearts titles this whole time. But in the midst of making spin-offs I ended up with fans saying "Another spin-off? When is KHIII coming out?" and yeah, ten years had actually passed. This is bad, I thought.

4Gamer: So that's why you decided to develop the long-awaited legitimate sequel.

4Gamer: You aren't only working on development of Kingdom Hearts III, but also Kingdom Hearts Unchainedχ (hereon Unchainedχ), aren't you? Although Unchainedχ is set the furthest back of any game in the series, it connects to KH3. How does that work?

Nomura: In the world of Kingdom Hearts so far the phrase 'Keyblade War' has come up a few times, which refers to a legend regarding a huge war fought between Keyblade Wielders. Even in the trailer we just released for Kingdom Hearts III, those two boys are talking about the Keyblade War. The world of Unchainedχ is set during the age just before that war. If you play Unchainedχ you will enjoy KH3 even more, so I would by all means love for you to play it while you are waiting for KH3 to be released.

Dengeki Interview with Tetsuya Nomura: Farewell, Reaction Commands

When KINGDOM HEARTS III was presented at E3 2013, there was tremendous excitement. This E3, it looks like KINGDOM HEARTS III has been making several updates.

In regards to supplementing the gameplay, we have removed the Reaction Commands in KINGDOM HEARTS III. QTE (Quick Time Event. Actions that execute at the touch of a button according to when it displays on screen) isn’t there anymore. For people who have seen the “flashy” battles in KINGDOM HEARTS II, it felt like there were too many of them when doing these operations.

Are there no longer Reaction Commands in boss battles?

That’s right. While removing the elements of QTE in KINGDOM HEARTS III, being referred to as flashy battles, we are making it more challenging. All actions will be based on good or favorable timing.

In other works that pursue realistic graphics, it seems “Kingdom Shader” is generally accepted overseas.

Since this is a style that is unique to KINGDOM HEARTS, perhaps it is valued.

Due to the amount of information in the graphics, it may have an opposite effect. If the surface of the rocks look realistic in the world of Hercules, it will drift away from it being a Disney World. You also have Rapunzel’s tower that is tightly built in a very high density building, you are not allowed to go in (laughs).

There is too much discomfort there (laughs).

For many of Disney’s animated films, the Kingdom Shader is acceptable. However, depending on the world, the type of shader is going to change. For specific worlds, it will not be allowed apparently. While it is primarily Kingdom Shader-based, I think a realistic shader will come out for those worlds.

For KINGDOM HEARTS III, the minigame production has already been started. Several things are in a state that can be simply played alone. There is likely a lot of minigames in KINGDOM HEARTS III.

Nomura discusses Kingdom Hearts III & more in group Kingdom Hearts fansite interview

--How did magic evolve for Kingdom Hearts 3?

Nomura: When it comes to magic in Kingdom Hearts 3, we really wanted to try to leave an effect on the surrounding environment. In the trailer when Sora would cast Blizzard, the blast would leave behind a sheet of ice for Sora to slide on, and when he cast Aero in a field, the wind would make an impression in the grass.

We are hoping to achieve those types of lasting effects in the world with the new magic skills, so please look forward to them.

--Are there any plans for further communication with fans online as a means of delivering news, such as through livestreaming (example: Final Fantasy’s Letter to the Producer / Active Time Report) or the Message to the Kingdom blog?

Nomura: Unfortunately, that is not possible for us. The reason for this is because of the risks involved when we actually do livestreaming for Kingdom Hearts. While we are able to hold livestreams frequently for Final Fantasy, it is a much more different process with due consideration to Disney. Even participating in Square Enix Presents here at E3 is a very delicate situation due to the risk of revealing information accidentally.

--What was your inspiration for Chirithy in Kingdom Hearts X[chi]?

Nomura: When we were developing Kingdom Hearts X[chi], the development staff really wanted to introduce a guide for the Player character that would aid them throughout their journey. I thought a lot about how this character would appear as. This all took place before I acquired my own cats, but I had always wanted a Scottish Fold and decided to create Chirithy based off of that breed.

--How do you select which attractions to use for Attraction Flow, and which rides do you like the best?

Nomura: We look at all the attractions in the Disney parks worldwide, particularly the ones that appear to be popular. We revealed a new Attraction Flow in the latest trailer based off of the Mad Tea Party with Sora, Donald and Goofy spinning around in teacups, but I was actually very surprised by the overwhelming positive feedback from the Western fans for them, as they are not as flashy as the other rides.

As for my favorite rides, I really like Disney World’s Tower of Terror and Rock ‘n’ Roller Coaster.

--In Kingdom Hearts I & II we were used to have a Disney character joining our party in each new world Sora and his friends visit. Will this mechanic be present in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Nomura: Right, the idea of having a Disney character joining your party was an important part of KH 1 & 2, so, yes you will be able to have Disney characters joining your team across the game, not just as a temporary party member in the worlds, but also as summons.

--How is the Kingdom Shader being used in Kingdom Hearts 3?

Nomura: The goal of the Kingdom Shader is to evoke the feel of the brush paintings in each unique Disney world, just as we had always aimed to do. We are working to accomplish all of these different styles so that they will be properly reflected in each world in order to do the Disney properties justice, and we also have to decide if we will use them or go for a more realistic shader in certain worlds. The original worlds, however, will continue to use the same style.

--How was your time at E3? Were you able to check out any other games?

Nomura: Unfortunately I was too busy with interviews and was not able to see the other games being exhibited. I did, however, watch the first party press conferences online. I particularly liked Guerrilla Game’s Horizon: Zero Dawn and Ubisoft’s Tom Clancy’sGhost Recon.

--Was Kingdom Hearts 3 always planned to be released for the new generation of consoles?

Nomura: To be honest, it was not. It just so happened that the timing happened to work out in this situation. When the time came that we were ready and able to begin work on Kingdom Hearts 3, the Playstation 4 and Xbox One had just been introduced, so the best decision for us was to develop KH3 for the new consoles.

Two new screenshots from Kingdom Hearts III :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Image Image

KHIII release time frame set, almost all worlds new, secret movie included

(About the battle gameplay of KH3)
Tetsuya Nomura: "The battle gameplay returns to commands such as 'attack' and 'magic' rather than deck commands. I thought that king of gameplay styles had the royal right to be used in a numbered Kingdom Hearts title."

(About worlds)
"I can't speak in detail, but apart from Olympus Coliseum, nearly all the worlds are new."

(About the scenario)
"Since KH3 was to settle the final confrontation with Xehanort the general framework was already decided, but it's not the end of the KH series."
"I'm worrying over how to bring KH3 to a close. I have already decided on my plans for the directions of the characters fans care about. I don't want to make something too short that only settles the main dispute."

(Release date?)
"We've reached an agreement, but I still can't say anything. I plan to give new information at the Kingdom Hearts Fan Event that will be held on the 3rd of November."

From a Famitsu interview:

(Sora etc moved so smoothly in the trailer)
"For this title we are implementing free running so Sora's mobility isn't ordinary (laughs). Most things can be overcome with jumping and free running, and you can charging up walls and such."

(Development stage?)
"It's moving along steadily. I'm currently deciding what to do about the ending and secret movies and such."

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Stitch » Sun Jul 12, 2015 7:52 am

Anyone else heard the rumors of Big Hero 6 and Treasure Planet being possibilities for KH3?
One of the people behind Tangled (The one featured in the KH3 Tangled showcase video) said in that video that Tangled is the first in a series.
This could mean Tangled is the first in a game series or the first in a series of movies made by him in the game.
I want Treasure Planet so bad, it is so underrated. Baymax is a perfect fit for Kingdom Hearts.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Tue Jul 14, 2015 4:00 am

Kingdom Hearts III confirmed to appear at D23 Expo 2015 in America

Disney has confirmed via the D23 EXPO website that Kingdom Hearts III will appear at D23 EXPO 2015. The D23 Expo in America will take place in Anaheim, California. Kingdom Hearts will be in Hall D23 on Sunday, August 16 at 11 a.m. USA Pacific Daylight Time (USA PDT). With this event, Square Enix will bring special guests and surprises to Hall D23 with new information to be revealed about Kingdom Hearts III.

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14

Postby Frozenstar » Tue Jul 14, 2015 9:30 am

It's going to be so awesome that Kingdom Hearts 3 will be at D23 in Anaheim Im really looking forward to that
I love animation

rank_100_ftb
Frozenstar
Main Console: PS3
PSN ID: darwinhedgehog

Re: Re: Kingdom Hearts III

Postby Stitch » Tue Jul 14, 2015 7:19 pm

HYPE!!!
Hopefully some more gameplay, possibly new world announcements.
I want to see Rapunzel's character in game.

rank_1500
Stitch

PreviousNext

Return to Disney games