Yea I'm not a fan of live action remakes either but this one does look great

rank_lotso_ftb_mr
Elmo STM
Main Console: Xbox One
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Re: The Jungle Book

Postby Steamboat Silly » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:00 am

I will see it, buy I cannot deal with the way Baloo looks.
Support Brain Cancer Research
#Greymatters

rank_250
Steamboat Silly
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:
XBL ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr. Vasuri83 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:54 am

He looks like a bear?

rank_100_ftb_10
Mr. Vasuri83

Postby Skellington0327 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:07 am

I am so tired of live action remakes and I had little interest in The Jungle Book, but the trailer has me really excited. I still want them to stop making these live action remakes though. I find it weird that they are doing The Jungle Book because they already made a live action Jungle Book in the 90s.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Stitch » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:06 am

Well that was the 90's... A lot has changed since then in the power of cinema, it makes sense how they would want to go back and utilize today's technology to make a more realistic and epic experience.

rank_1500
Stitch

Postby illuminaugust » Wed Sep 16, 2015 9:55 am

This is going to be great I think!!! the only thing I'm worried about is that it's going to be weird when baloo, bagheera and the others starts talking. it may ruin the dark feeling from the trailer, which I liked.

rank_100
illuminaugust
Main Console: Xbox One

Postby Skellington0327 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:25 pm

I don't know if will be more realistic. The 90s version used real animals and they didn't talk, this version looks like it has cgi animals and they that talk. I'm excited about the voice cast they have for the movie, but I kinda wish they didn't talk in this remake. Hearing Kaa talk was awesome but then when they showed Kaa talking it looked weird. Either way, I'm excited to see this movie.

I hope they don't use that as a reason to remake a whole bunch of classics. Just because there's new technology doesn't mean all the movies need to be remade. I probably wouldn't have a problem with these live action remakes if they weren't so close together. Maleficent was 2014, Cinderella was 2015, Jungle Book is 2016, and Beauty and the Beast will be 2017. I wish they would spread them out, it makes me feel like all they're doing is remaking classics, even though that's not the case.
"The past can hurt, but the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it." - Rafiki

"You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from, your only limit is your soul." - Gusteau (Ratatouille)

rank_500
Skellington0327
PSN ID:
Disney ID:

Postby Mr. Vasuri83 » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:07 pm

This does look really good, but I'd much rather get a sequel to Tron than another remake.

rank_100_ftb_10
Mr. Vasuri83

Postby Stitch » Thu Sep 17, 2015 11:34 pm

I agree on not wanting classics to be remade, Skellington.
Unfortunately, Hollywood seems to only be going even faster and wider with these remakes, with new ones coming out in masses every year. It is almost to where you can look at a Disney classic and guarantee it will have a remake at some point in the next ten years.
I wish they would stop, but they won't. I am at least trying to be open minded going into these movies, but always seem to come out disappointed and just mad that the movie even existed.

Perhaps I am getting my hopes too high for Jungle Book, but all I can say is that when I saw the previews for Maleficent and Cinderella, I could tell they were going to be your average remake with little to no appreciation for the original classic, and just a cash grab. The Jungle Book is probably a cash grab too, but at least it looks captivating and beautiful.

I understand what you mean about the movie probably being less realistic than the 90's version, as CGI does tend to look worse than the real thing, but I do have to give them props for making the CGI look really cool and pretty. I am glad the animals talk to be honest though, more true to the Disney version, which is my favorite take on the Jungle Book out of the movies made for it.
The dark tone is surprising but actually makes me happy they are taking a different tonal approach to it.

It might be terrible or it might be insanely good. Or it might even just be mediocre.
It at least looks captivating compared to the other remakes :lol:

rank_1500
Stitch

PreviousNext

Return to Disney movies and tv