Winnie the Pooh

Winnie the Pooh

Postby ArchuLinShved14 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:14 pm

Disney Developing Live-Action ‘Winnie the Pooh’ Movie

Disney is developing a live-action movie version of its animated “Winnie the Pooh” property, hiring “Listen Up Philip” writer-director Alex Ross Perry to write the adaptation.

The focus will be on an adult version of the book’s Christopher Robin. Perry was hired after pitching a take on the story to the studio.

The Winnie the Pooh bear character was created by A. A. Milne for a collection of stories in the book “Winnie-the-Pooh” (1926) and “The House at Pooh Corner” (1928). Disney licensed the rights to the character in 1961, leading to TV shows and four feature films: “The Tigger Movie,” “Piglet’s Big Movie,” “Pooh’s Heffalump Movie” and “Winnie the Pooh.”

Variety reported last year that Brett Ratner’s RatPac Entertainment acquired rights to the book “Finding Winnie.” Written by Lindsay Mattick and illustrated by Sophie Blackall, that book tells the story story of the bear that inspired the Pooh character.

Disney recently sought box-office success with a live-action version of “Cinderella” and has similar plans for an upcoming live-action retelling of “Beauty and the Beast.”

Perry is repped by WME. The news about Perry was first reported by Deadline.com.

Source: Variety
David Archuleta, Pikachu, Disney, Frozen and Smash Bros fan :D

Lenny
ArchuLinShved14
Main Console: Wii U

Re: Winnie the Pooh

Postby Romulus77 » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:03 pm

No interest at all. They should dial back on the live action remakes IMO.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby Chewbacca » Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:19 pm

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHY?!!!!! WHY WINNIE THE DAMN POOH? I could understand Alice in Wonderland, Cinderella, Mulan, and even the Jungle Book, but just no to this. Disney is just plain stupid.
Chewie is best character

rank_1250
Chewbacca
NN ID:

Postby Stitch » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:31 pm

And now is the point where we have officially crossed the line! Yaaaay!

rank_1500
Stitch
Main Console: PS4

Postby bleu4ever » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:36 pm

dont worry its going to be a saving mr.banks type of movie
a movie about how winnie the pooh became winnie the pooh
about the bear christopher milne named his stuffed animal after who has become the silly old pooh bear we love today
its a sort of behind the scenes movie

http://filmrise.com/winnie-the-pooh-film-finding-winnie-is-to-be-a-ratpac-movie/
The public is in danger! My evening's in danger! You tell me where my suit is, woman! We are talking about the greater good! 'Greater good?' I am your wife! I'm the greatest *good* you are ever gonna get! "

rank_250
bleu4ever
Main Console: Xbox One
NN ID:

Postby Romulus77 » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:14 am

That's not the same movie. That's not even from Disney.

rank_1500_ftb
Romulus77

Postby BenFleischman » Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:29 am

Either way, this is the only live action Disney film that has me interested... and here everyone else is saying its the worst idea. Haha. The reason I don't mind it is because I loved Winnie the Pooh (and TIgger, more specifically) when I was younger. I loved how in the feature Pooh films they would incorporate the live action sequences with Christopher Robin's room and the plush characters and the book they lived in. I would probably be even more interested were they to do 2D animated sequences for the hundred acre wood, but I suppose Alice-esque CGI could be charming (or a bit creepy...) We'll just have to wait and see.

Overall, I'm very confused by this effort by Disney: Alice in Wonderland, Maleficent, Cinderella, The Jungle Book, Beauty and the Beast, Mulan, Dumbo... The list goes on and I dont get it...

rank_250_ftb
BenFleischman
Main Console: PS4
PSN ID:

Postby Infinite Mickey » Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:33 am

I'm just fine with it. But then, frickin Dumbo and Winnie the Pooh. I love you Disney, but STOP IT!
Proud Wii U owner, and thinks that the console is the perfect Next Gen.

rank_1500_ftb
Infinite Mickey
NN ID:
Disney ID:
Steam:

Postby OpossumGuy » Fri Apr 10, 2015 7:03 am

This has gone too far at this point...I mean, really now...
"Why, if I picked a day to fly, oh, this would be it." - Quasimodo

rank_500
OpossumGuy

Return to Disney movies and tv